Monash University

Relevance Date Difficulty

Student Recruitment Coordinator Interview

Student Recruitment Coordinator
Melbourne (Australia)

I applied online - interviewed at Monash University in January 2014.

Interview Details – Quite informal.

Interview Question – What would I list as my negative traits?   View Answer

Personal Assistant Interview

Personal Assistant
Melbourne (Australia)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Monash University in April 2012.

Interview Details – Selection criteria, phone interview, face to face interview, 2nd face to face interview, offer, contract, start

Interview Question – Why should we hire you over the other candidates   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I asked to start the next week, they asked for a week later.

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Postdoctoral Fellow
Melbourne (Australia)

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Monash University in September 2011.

Interview Details – A phone interview about the current project and what is expect out of his/her lab. The PI talks about their research and lab and potential projects. Ask for recommendation and a chance for the interview to give a presentation of his/her work.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5-10 years from now?   View Answer
  • What are your technical skills and what can you contribute to this lab?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation really. Just ask what is expected, what are the salaries, what's covered, what's not, and so and so forth.

Very Easy Interview

Assistant Lecturer Interview

Assistant Lecturer
Melbourne (Australia)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Monash University in January 2008.

Interview Details – It was an informal discussion with the person who looked after all of the tutors at Monash. She was interested to learn why I wanted to be a tutor, what experience I had and those sorts of issues. Technical ability did not come into nor did understanding of economics. She was not even interested in one's ability to control a class room full of rowdy students.

Interview Question – Who was your favourite tutor and why?   View Answer

Worked for Monash University? Contribute to the Community!