Money Management International

Employer Engaged

Money Management International Interview Questions

2.2

First Contact Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Money Management International.

Applied online and received a phone call. Went in for a 2:1 interview with supervisor. It was very simple and easy process. The HR rep gave general info in relation to the position. Supervisor were courteous and respectful. Most questions where "How would you..." exp.. How would you handle an irate caller?

No negotiation

MHA Help Supervisor Interview

For internal candidates, there are three parts to the interview process typically. First, management typically interviews the candidates asking various questions about experience and work philosophy. Second, management has the chosen candidates complete a presentation in from of management. Third, a final interview is given.

Interview Questions
    • Neither. Most questions were generic in nature. For example, "Describe a time where you had to deal with a difficult employee".   Answer Question
    As an internal candidate, I was told that there was a limit of an increase per year, even though external candidates could essentially and were paid more.

Support Counselor Interview

Hired through temp. agency... 3 months to hire.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation in salary.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Money Management International in March 2012.

Hiring was easy and the interview process was thorough with situational based questions that delve into past experiences and do very well at getting into the mind of the applicant to determine what kind of an employee they are going to be and see if they will fit into the company culture.

Interview Questions
    • How would you rate your luck? This was very unexpected and I didn't know how to answer right away. The answer I gave was that I don't believe in luck when it comes to my professional success because you have to work hard at anything that you do in order to succeed. Later, I found out that the purpose of this question is to determine if people really do believe that hard work will equate to success in the workplace rather than expecting or thinking that success will be just given to them.   Answer Question
    Rather short because the company is non-profit, there was little room to move when it came to salary.

Grant Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Money Management International in December 2009.

They kept me appraised of where I was in the interview process. I got to meet my hiring manager in an in-person interview. Everyone was very friendly. They made me feel welcomed .

Interview Questions
    • We all meet those people who are really difficult to get along with. Tell me about a time that this happended to you and how you handled it.   View Answer
    The salary offer was competitive. I did not rty to negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Money Management International in October 2009.

There was nothing out of the ordinary in the way of the hiring process at MMI. I uploaded my resume, took a series of online questionairs, did a 20 minute phone interview with HR, was invited to a face to face interview, met simultaneously with a manager and a supervisor for a 40 minute interview, and offered the job the following day.

Interview Questions
    • How many days of work had I missed per year with last employer?   View Answer
    • What are my strengths?   View Answer
    I was satisfied with the pay they offered as I had been out of work for a year after being laid off in the construction trade.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Money Management International in August 2009.

I had to re interview for a position that I already held at MMI. The man who interviewed me was a friend of the HR director and go the job with NO experience in credit counseling. He was hired over several acting managers with many more years of experience. The interviewee was totally clueless as to what the job entailed. I ended up interviewing him more than him interviewing me.

Interview Questions
    • At the time of my interview, the company was in deep financial distress. Revenues had dropped significantly. The interviewer asked me why should we hire you when you might go out and find a new job and not be around 5 years from now?   View Answer
    There wasn't any negotiation. I knew more about the job and had more experience in the position than the person interviewing me. I was rehired in the position at the salary I asked for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

The process took a dayinterviewed at Money Management International in May 2009.

Short Phone interview with HR then your usually interview with the manager and supervisor of the team you will be working for. All Behavior type questions. It lasted about an hour.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time you had to deal with a difficult customer.   View Answer
    They offer you usually 14- 14.50 there is no negotiating. Turnover is kinda high it is not a hard job they need bodies to answer the phone.

Bankruptcy Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Money Management International in February 2009.

I was asked why should they hire me and describe my background

I didn't have one

Delinquent Mortgage Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Money Management International in January 2009.

Apply online or in person. Next, you conduct a phone interview. After that, you have an in person interview and if selected start working when available. Pretty simple.

Interview Questions
    • If a supervisor asked you to change your approach when speaking to clients how would you take that?   Answer Question
    No negotiating anything.