MoneyGram International

Group interview

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis Park, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis Park, MN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at MoneyGram International.

Chaotic interview with some in the room and one person on the phone via conference call.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were technical-related to lower level positions. After the interview I told the hiring manager that I was not interested in the lower level position, however, the email was not read and a week later was contacted to come in for a 2nd round of interviews. This should have tipped me off about the completely chaotic nature of MoneyGram.   Answer Question
    They asked me how much money I needed to come to MoneyGram.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

interviewed at MoneyGram International in December 2013.

Position was to backfill a promotion. All directors were honest and provided good insight into job. Peer also explained day to day expectations. HR was not as through as expected, but onboarding is what it is. Level applied for it was expected to ramp up quickly, so no real onboarding.

Senior Vendor Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakewood, CO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at MoneyGram International in November 2013.

The interview process was smooth, direct and expedient. Initial interview by phone with two recruiters. 3 subsequent interviews with the appropriate parties. Good response and communication. All interviewers were conversational, and friendly. I felt the process was as good as one could expect given how busy all were. This was a very good process

Interview Questions
    • What do you want me to walk away from this interview with.   View Answer
    Much what one would expect . The offer however was very good, so this was not a big issue. Great benes, and perks. So with that said the entire process was smooth professional and friendly

Senior Finance Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at MoneyGram International.

several interviews (4), most of them (3) in person as I was living in Dallas already

Support Role Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at MoneyGram International.

Multiple interviews, all conducted remotely and over an extended time period .

Interactive Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at MoneyGram International in July 2012.

Lead social media strategy globally for Moneygram, including content strategy, campaign management, and integration with the website and various other marketing programs.
    Manage email marketing, including campaign and lifecycle management to subscriber base.

Interview Questions
    • Name a Marketing campaign that you worked on that failed and why.   Answer Question

The financials were below the market value according to similar positions and titles at competitors, according to Glassdoor research.

IT Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at MoneyGram International in May 2012.

Phone interview with hiring manager and team member. Asked interest in future career, company, division, etc. Overall standard questions including "tell me about yourself" "why do you want to work here"

Interview Questions
    • Questions were not particularly difficult or unexpected   Answer Question
    I accepted offer As it is

Director, Program Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at MoneyGram International in September 2011.

I applied online and received an email from an internal recruiter a week later inviting me to a phone screen for the role. Phone screen lasted an hour with this recruiter but was very assembly-line type repetitive prepared behavioral-based questions. It became old after about 15 minutes and I struggled through the next 45 minutes.

Another week passed and I was scheduled for a phone interview with the hiring manager. Things seemed awkward from the beginning of our conversation (just never seemed to establish a connection) but my desire for the role began to deteriorate as our discussion progressed. It became apparent this would be a very chaotic organization to work for and that I would be replacing someone that had either quit or was terminated (red flag!). Overall, they came across as very disorganized and were looking for some "rock star" to come in and clean up their mess. Not worth it to me for the salary range offered.

Received the canned rejection email from HR two weeks later – a blessing in disguise for me!

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you improved the performance of a direct report? Tell me about a time you fixed a project timeline? Tell me about a time you blah blah blah blah blah.........   Answer Question

Senior Business Systems Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakewood, CO

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at MoneyGram International in July 2010.

Applying online via company website. Contacted by HR for a phone interview. Had an in person interview and a skills assessment to determine skill level on the computer.