MongoDB Intern Interview Questions

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at MongoDB in December 2013.

First, talked to one of the software engineers at my school's career fair, really connected. Got an email from HR in end of November. Few days later, got a call, talked to the HR person for about 15 minutes. Got an email scheduled for a technical (some friends didn't get this) and got a phone call at the scheduled time.

Waited for about 20 minutes for them to call. He had a meeting. He was nice enough. Went over my resume, interests, etc... this part went fine, but by the time we got to the technical question, we barely had any time left.

His question was "Taking in two strings, find out if they are anagrams". I used a hashtable, which takes a lot of memory. The correct answer (or the one he said was an alternative, though mine worked as well) was sorting it first, then comparing them.

And that was that, they sent me a polite rejection email.

Interview Questions
  • His question was "Taking in two strings, find out if they are anagrams".   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for MongoDB

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at MongoDB.

Applied online and heard back a month or two later. First had a phone screen where we discussed my resume and I was told I would have a technical interview. During the technical interview I was asked a couple OOP questions and then asked two coding questions. The first was easier than the second and in the second after I wrote the solution we worked through it to try and reduce the time complexity.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty standard questions, I was asked to rank my relative experience in different languages and then choose one to write in.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at MongoDB.

Had an HR Interview where I discussed why I wanted to work with the company, which lasted around 45 minutes.

Then I had a Skype interview with an employee that worked remotely; it was really great talking to him. He was very nice, and I learned a lot from him, though he wasn't able to tell me a lot about the culture at the office since he visited less frequently.

The last part of the process was a phone interview. The person I talked to was a little awkward, but she was very nice and I enjoyed the conversation.

Interview Questions
    • I had a rather lengthy discussion during the Skype interview about how garbage collectors were implemented in various languages. I don't know if I would say it was a question perse, but it was difficult giving adequate explanations of each, discussing not only the implementation but also the pros and cons.

I also had a question about finding the largest prime divisor of a number, which I thought was difficult because the question itself was so easy, so it was kinda difficult to find good ways to optimize.
        Answer Question

1 HR telephone interview, 2 technical interviews

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at MongoDB.

Applied on the Careers page. Sent in resume and cover letter. They contacted me the next day and wanted to schedule a phone interview for the following day. Interview was behavioral and a mostly enjoyable experience.

Interview Questions

Worked for MongoDB? Contribute to the Community!