MongoDB

26 candidate interviews

Event Coordinator Interview

Event Coordinator

Interviewed at MongoDB

Interview Details – Several phone interviews, was invited in and met 6 different people, all went very well. Last interview was with VP. Never heard from them again.

Interview Question – How many gas stations in the United States?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

Interview Details – 1 HR telephone interview, 2 technical interviews

Interview Question – algorithms, data structures, projects   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Systems Engineer

Interviewed at MongoDB

Interview Details – First I got a call from recruiter ,and then a telephone view

Interview Question – bash scripting   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at MongoDB in September 2013.

Interview Details – I took part with 2 phone interviews. 1st interview was just to introduce myself and the recruiter. A quick tour on my career, interests, aicnd what MongoDB is looking for. It was not challenging at all.

2nd interview was supposed to be a technical interview and it was. Since I come from Java world the most of the questions were Java related. All of them were very easy for me to answer and I did not find this interview challenging whatsoever.

The problem here is that they were not interested in continuation, which is quite difficult to understand for me. It seems that this was pure waste of time, maybe they just make their statistics on number of interviewed persons. This just does not make sense to me. Overall experience with this company is very poor because even I asked for some feedback they just ignored me.

Engineer Interview

Engineer
San Francisco, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at MongoDB in December 2010.

Interview Details – As a member of the open source community working with frameworks based on the product I already had a lot of experience and interaction with many people in the company. This lead to an interview and discussions about jobs before that. The interview involved multiple meetings with engineering folk and managers which resulted in a job offer. We then went and back with multiple responses before the offer was accepted. The whole process seem labored and unprofessional (informal) in many ways.

Interview Question – How much water is on the planet (earth)?   View Answers (3)

Development Intern Interview

Development Intern
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at MongoDB in January 2014.

Interview Details – I had an initial interview for the Development Intern position and I found the interviewer to be young and inexperienced through her way of asking questions. Once the interview was over, I followed up with an email and didn't hear back from her for three months. In that period, I sent her 2 other emails enquiring about my status and she finally responded saying that I didn't get the internship because I was overqualified. Extremely unprofessional!

Interview Question – What are your career goals and how do they apply to MongoDB?   Answer Question

MongoDB Response

Jun 13, 2014Recruiting Operations

We're sorry to hear that your experience was not as positive as it could be. Here at MongoDB we strive to give our candidates the best possible interview experience. Would you be willing to go into ... More

Senior Engineer Interview

Senior Engineer
Palo Alto, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at MongoDB in July 2013.

Interview Details – recruiter call, technical interview with hiring manager, technical team group interview onsite, interview interview with VP. Reference check. Offer made

Interview Question – how various search algorithm O time change if it is done in parallel on multi cpu machine   View Answer

Reason for Declining – better option available

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Junior Software Engineer

The process took 2 months - interviewed at MongoDB in December 2011.

Interview Details – 1. Knowledge based questions:
  a. What do you think is the difference between C and C++?
  b. What's the difference between malloc in C and new in C++?
2. Algorithm questions:
  a. Given a word, how to find all anagrams in a dictionary.
3. Coding questions:
  a. Reverse a linked list.
  b. How would you test your program?
  c. Can you remove all if-statements in your program?

Interview Question – Find all anagrams of a word in a dictionary.   View Answer

Database Kernel Engineer Interview

Database Kernel Engineer

I applied online and interviewed at MongoDB.

Interview Details – Applied online and got a call from the recruiter. Had an initial phone screen. I answered all the questions except the C++ ones. I didn't know they were big on C++ knowledge.

Interview Question – The questions on C++ were the unexpected ones. Interviewer asked me to write a very simple coding questions, but asked me to use vectors from the C++ standard library and use iterators for iterating through those elements. I couldn't answer as C++ isn't on my resume.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at MongoDB in February 2012.

Interview Details – First phone interview was a laid back interview with an HR rep. Most likely to make sure you were at least a competent person. Then there was a technical phone interview in which you were asked to write a given algorithm in any language you like. The question was not hard, though I kind of messed it up, which resulted in me not getting an offer.

Interview Questions

• What Does your code typically look like?   Answer Question
  • Write an algorithm that tells me if 2 and only two numbers in a 1x3 array are the same.   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at MongoDB

Worked for MongoDB? Contribute to the Community!