MongoDB Interview Questions

Updated Aug 11, 2015

3.1

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

The phone screen was very basic and high-level, didn't go into too much detail. The on-site interview was very technical and well paced. It was a little bit of behavioral and then some whiteboarding coding exercise which is always a challenge. One of the more frustrating bits is that the whiteboarding was required to be written in a language that I explicitly said I was not very familiar with.

Intern Interview

Interview

1 HR telephone interview, 2 technical interviews

Event Coordinator Interview

Interview

Several phone interviews, was invited in and met 6 different people, all went very well. Last interview was with VP. Never heard from them again.

Systems Engineer Interview

Interview

First I got a call from recruiter ,and then a telephone view

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at MongoDB.

Interview

Was setup with a phone interview to begin with and was not given anything afterwards even though the phone interview involved just a casual conversation. Nothing technical was asked in the phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult. Just a few questions on past experience.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Applied online, was contacted for initial screen, and then contacted for a technical phone interview. The process took 3 weeks, and email responses took a couple of days each time, feedback after interview took about a week. Good experience with HR and good interview experience overall,

Intern Interview

Interview

Behavioral and technical phone screen. Followed by 3 back to back onsite interviews. First onsite is more behavioral, second and third are technical. The interviewers are very friendly and the questions are not too difficult, but stay calm and talk through your thought process.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at MongoDB (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in September 2013.

Interview

I took part with 2 phone interviews. 1st interview was just to introduce myself and the recruiter. A quick tour on my career, interests, aicnd what MongoDB is looking for. It was not challenging at all. 2nd interview was supposed to be a technical interview and it was. Since I come from Java world the most of the questions were Java related. All of them were very easy for me to answer and I did not find this interview challenging whatsoever. The problem here is that they were not interested in continuation, which is quite difficult to understand for me. It seems that this was pure waste of time, maybe they just make their statistics on number of interviewed persons. This just does not make sense to me. Overall experience with this company is very poor because even I asked for some feedback they just ignored me.

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MongoDB (New York, NY) in December 2013.

Interview

Got contacted initially by the college recruiter. We set up a time for a quick 30-min behavioral screen and what followed was a phone coding interview. If that had gone well, there would have been an onsite.

Interview Questions

• A lot of questions about database choices. Know what NoSQL is, what MongoDB is. Got eliminated after a really easy phone interview question - this is one of my first interviews and I did not know what I was doing.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MongoDB.

Interview

I applied online, and received an email either one or two weeks later with an HR representative to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview just asked about projects I did and what skills I had. Nothing technical. She asked whether or not I was familiar with MongoDB and NoSQL.