MongoDB

MongoDB Interview Questions

Updated Dec 14, 2014
Updated Dec 14, 2014

Event Coordinator Interview

Several phone interviews, was invited in and met 6 different people, all went very well. Last interview was with VP. Never heard from them again.

Intern Interview

1 HR telephone interview, 2 technical interviews

Systems Engineer Interview

First I got a call from recruiter ,and then a telephone view

Software Engineer Interview

The phone screen was very basic and high-level, didn't go into too much detail. The on-site interview was very technical and well paced. It was a little bit of behavioral and then some whiteboarding coding exercise which is always a challenge. One of the more frustrating bits is that the whiteboarding was required to be written in a language that I explicitly said I was not very familiar with.

Intern Interview

Applied online, was contacted for initial screen, and then contacted for a technical phone interview. The process took 3 weeks, and email responses took a couple of days each time, feedback after interview took about a week. Good experience with HR and good interview experience overall,

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at MongoDB in September 2013.

I took part with 2 phone interviews. 1st interview was just to introduce myself and the recruiter. A quick tour on my career, interests, aicnd what MongoDB is looking for. It was not challenging at all.

2nd interview was supposed to be a technical interview and it was. Since I come from Java world the most of the questions were Java related. All of them were very easy for me to answer and I did not find this interview challenging whatsoever.

The problem here is that they were not interested in continuation, which is quite difficult to understand for me. It seems that this was pure waste of time, maybe they just make their statistics on number of interviewed persons. This just does not make sense to me. Overall experience with this company is very poor because even I asked for some feedback they just ignored me.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at MongoDB in December 2010.

As a member of the open source community working with frameworks based on the product I already had a lot of experience and interaction with many people in the company. This lead to an interview and discussions about jobs before that. The interview involved multiple meetings with engineering folk and managers which resulted in a job offer. We then went and back with multiple responses before the offer was accepted. The whole process seem labored and unprofessional (informal) in many ways.

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at MongoDB in December 2013.

Got contacted initially by the college recruiter. We set up a time for a quick 30-min behavioral screen and what followed was a phone coding interview. If that had gone well, there would have been an onsite.

Interview Questions
    • A lot of questions about database choices. Know what NoSQL is, what MongoDB is. Got eliminated after a really easy phone interview question - this is one of my first interviews and I did not know what I was doing.   Answer Question

Development Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at MongoDB in January 2014.

I had an initial interview for the Development Intern position and I found the interviewer to be young and inexperienced through her way of asking questions. Once the interview was over, I followed up with an email and didn't hear back from her for three months. In that period, I sent her 2 other emails enquiring about my status and she finally responded saying that I didn't get the internship because I was overqualified. Extremely unprofessional!

Interview Questions
    • What are your career goals and how do they apply to MongoDB?   Answer Question

MongoDB Response

Jun 13, 2014Recruiting Operations

We're sorry to hear that your experience was not as positive as it could be. Here at MongoDB we strive to give our candidates the best possible interview experience. Would you be willing to go into ... More

Software Engineering Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at MongoDB in September 2014.

I sent in a resume to their website, received an email asking to set up a phone screen. After speaking for roughly 15 minutes about projects I had worked on and questions I had about the position the conversation was over.

Interview Questions
    • This was an informal phone screen as opposed to a technical interview.   Answer Question