MongoDB Interview Questions

Updated Jul 22, 2015

3.1

Global Training Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MongoDB (New York, NY).

Interview

An internal recruiter contacted me through Linkedin and set up an interview first with her which lasted about 20 minutes. Then she set up a phone interview with my would-be boss for a 30min phone interview about the positon.

Solutions Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at MongoDB (New York, NY) in November 2012.

Interview

The interview process is extensive. It can be daunting and it can be exhausting. Some interviewers will be "adversarial" and they will attempt to see how you perform under pressure. I know several folks who are extremely talented but did not get an offer. The interview process will eliminate some good candidates, but everybody who eventually gets an offer is at the top of their field.

Interview Questions

• Question about best practices for a specific programming language? Or how different programming languages differ   Answer Question

Technical Services Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at MongoDB.

Interview

I had a screening call followed by two further phone interviews. This was then followed by a morning of three onsite interviews. Two with team members and one with the hiring manager (who I had a phone interview with previously). The interviews were pleasant, some of the technical questions were tricky or not areas that I was familiar with but they allow you to apply your knowledge to the question and seem to understand that not everyone knows it all.

Technical Services Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at MongoDB.

Interview

The interview process started with a discussion with recruiter on job match, then phone interview and on-site interviews (all day). The process was very thorough. The questions were both tough and very relevant.

Interview Questions

• Design a order fulfillment database model and tell us how the application would use the model.   Answer Question
    • What was the toughest technical issue you had the solve? What made it tough? What was you solution process.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They gave me what I asked for.

Solutions Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at MongoDB (New York, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

Had two phone screens, one with would-be peer and one with a senior technical member of staff. then came in to meet VP of Engineering and CTO, then came back to meet CEO and VP of Sales. Had a Skype interview along the way with another senior engineer.

Interview Questions

• Describe in detail what your current company's product is and why should someone buy it.   Answer Question

Consulting Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MongoDB (New York, NY) in May 2013.

Interview

Was contacted by recruiter who had found me on LinkedIn. Phone screening, then invited for on-site interview. Six interviews in a row on a single day. I was impressed by the high standard they were looking for, this was way beyond what I expected from a small startup. They made it clear I was exactly who they were looking for, and wouldn't let me leave the building without making an offer.

Interview Questions

• Complex exercise in system design, where each reasonable answer unlocked a further level of complexity. Exciting discussion.   Answer Question

Consulting Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at MongoDB (Palo Alto, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

2 phone interviews followed by 3.5 hour long series of Skype and in person interviews (4 in all). The process was quite pleasant and the office had a very informal feel to it. And of course, you should be prepared to work 50-60 hours a week which includes travel time (flying out of town 50-60 % of the time). Overall, they have a a very good team and I think it would be an enjoyable place to work at.

Interview Questions

• Data Modeling (University, Course and students problem), SQL, Simple implementation of Linked List, Multi Phase Transaction implementation using a State Transition Diagram, DB concepts like ACID, System Architecture problem involving millions of users and tracking their activity and finally, troubleshooting a slow DB.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at MongoDB in January 2015.

Interview

I received a technical interview over the phone. The interviewer, a software engineer, was kind, helpful, and gave useful feedback at the end. I did not receive a phone call afterwards, but an email indicating that I did not get an offer.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at MongoDB.

Interview

I applied online, and received an email either one or two weeks later with an HR representative to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview just asked about projects I did and what skills I had. Nothing technical. She asked whether or not I was familiar with MongoDB and NoSQL.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online – interviewed at MongoDB.

Interview

Phone Interview: after email from recruiter. The recruiter I think was hiring not only for this company but others too. Anyway, after this, she decided not continue with the process even though my interview was perfect. It was not technical, Behavioural stuff: about my projects, etc