MongoDB

Relevance Date Difficulty

Development Intern Interview

Development Intern
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at MongoDB in January 2014.

Interview Details – I had an initial interview for the Development Intern position and I found the interviewer to be young and inexperienced through her way of asking questions. Once the interview was over, I followed up with an email and didn't hear back from her for three months. In that period, I sent her 2 other emails enquiring about my status and she finally responded saying that I didn't get the internship because I was overqualified. Extremely unprofessional!

Interview Question – What are your career goals and how do they apply to MongoDB?   Answer Question

MongoDB Response

Jun 13, 2014Recruiting Operations

We're sorry to hear that your experience was not as positive as it could be. Here at MongoDB we strive to give our candidates the best possible interview experience. Would you be willing to go into ... More

New/Recent Grad - Software Engineering Interview

New/Recent Grad - Software Engineering
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at MongoDB in March 2013.

Interview Details – One phone screen. One technical phone interview coding on google docs. How would you write DB write / access functions to make sure data is not modified by threads. Parse mathematical expression given as chars in array ['1', '+', '2,' '/', '4']. Four onsite interviews over the course of 4 hours asking a variety of questions. Write algorithm to find loop in graph, write C code to convert integer to string.

Interview Question – Write an algorithm to find a loop in a graph. The graph is unidirectional with any number of connections. The graph is not necessarily connected   View Answers (2)

Technical Architect Interview

Technical Architect
New York, NY

I applied online - interviewed at MongoDB in December 2012.

Interview Details – The single biggest pain point was how long this took. And, every time I got a call from HR, it was to tell me that another call with someone else had been scheduled.

In total I fielded over 12 different onsite and offsite meetings over 3 months. There were several times when I was convinced that this is a serious waste of time.

After the technical phone screen, I went in for an in-person invterview that lasted 4 hours and there I met 4 people. That same day I received a call from one more person.

It took 3 months to receive an offer.

Interview Question – We have a person who logs into a website using their Facebook credentials. Anything they post to that website can be seen by their friends and those friends' friends only.
How would you optimize the collection of this data?
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate. I took the base salary, stock options and bonus structure as is. I thought it was pretty fair.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
New York, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at MongoDB in November 2011.

Interview Details – Interviews were scheduled over one day. Process was really enjoyable. I was asked a couple of interesting coding questions to see how I think but the majority of the interview time focused on my experiences as CTO, why I was interested in working at 10gen, and what I wanted to do at the company.

Interview Question – When an interviewer disagreed about a technical choice that I had made for a website I was asked to defend my opinion and argue my point of view.   View Answer

Worked for MongoDB? Contribute to the Community!