MongoDB Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Feb 27, 2015

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at MongoDB.

Interview

I applied online, and received an email either one or two weeks later with an HR representative to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview just asked about projects I did and what skills I had. Nothing technical. She asked whether or not I was familiar with MongoDB and NoSQL.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for MongoDB

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at MongoDB.

Interview

Phone Interview: after email from recruiter. The recruiter I think was hiring not only for this company but others too. Anyway, after this, she decided not continue with the process even though my interview was perfect. It was not technical, Behavioural stuff: about my projects, etc

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at MongoDB.

Interview

Phone screening:

interviewer asks questions about resume. She seemed to only say yes to any of my descriptions, neither agreeing nor discussing why. I asked for feedback on my interview to no avail. Hopefully, they can start doing a better job on interviewing. I heard they ask brain teasers which can be quite a turnoff for many interviewees

Interview Questions

• She didn't ask any technical questions. Only behavioral questions. Seems they want someone familiar with their product and who can hit the ground running.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MongoDB (New York, NY).

Interview

Met at a career fair. One week later had an initial phone screen with HR and then one week later a technical phone interview with an engineer. The initial phone screen consisted of standard behavioral questions (What are you interested in, why do you want this job, etc.). The technical interview was also just standard resume questions followed by some algorithmic questions.

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at MongoDB.

Interview

Met MongoDB recruiters at university job fair and applied. Got an email asking for a brief HR call in a week. Passed HR call and had 30 min technical phone interview answering coding questions. After 2 weeks they informed I made it to the final round of interviews. Three video calls asking a variety of technical questions. Offer was extended 3 days later.

Interview Questions

• Convert an integer to a string in C without using any libraries or casting   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

The phone screen was very basic and high-level, didn't go into too much detail. The on-site interview was very technical and well paced. It was a little bit of behavioral and then some whiteboarding coding exercise which is always a challenge. One of the more frustrating bits is that the whiteboarding was required to be written in a language that I explicitly said I was not very familiar with.

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at MongoDB in November 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter so I set up a phone interview. She asked me a lot of questions about MongoDB's software and whether I had ever used it before. She also asked me about SQL. She asked me what kind of projects I am interested in working on. I wasn't really interested in MongoDB so the interview process ended.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MongoDB in October 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by MongoDB recruiter after submitting resume through their website. I was set up with an initial call (HR Screen) and then phone interview with two engineers about a week after that. The phone interview had a coding component on a collaborative editing website. I was notified of rejection by a very nice voicemail message from the recruiter. Will apply again next year.

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at MongoDB in September 2014.

Interview

I sent in a resume to their website, received an email asking to set up a phone screen. After speaking for roughly 15 minutes about projects I had worked on and questions I had about the position the conversation was over.

Interview Questions

• This was an informal phone screen as opposed to a technical interview.   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at MongoDB in September 2014.

Interview

Applied on campus from career fair, then got a phone interview shortly afterwards. First a bit of behavioral stuff, i.e. resume (projects, classes) and why MongoDB. Then was asked about basics of Python, like list comprehensions, threading, etc. Afterwards I was asked a simple technical question involving pointers (I think something about squaring each element in an array and having the order maintained). Wasn't too prepared for the language details so I messed up a couple of those questions.