MongoDB

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at MongoDB in November 2011.

Interview Details – Interviews were scheduled over one day. Process was really enjoyable. I was asked a couple of interesting coding questions to see how I think but the majority of the interview time focused on my experiences as CTO, why I was interested in working at 10gen, and what I wanted to do at the company.

Interview Question – When an interviewer disagreed about a technical choice that I had made for a website I was asked to defend my opinion and argue my point of view.   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at MongoDB in September 2013.

Interview Details – I took part with 2 phone interviews. 1st interview was just to introduce myself and the recruiter. A quick tour on my career, interests, aicnd what MongoDB is looking for. It was not challenging at all.

2nd interview was supposed to be a technical interview and it was. Since I come from Java world the most of the questions were Java related. All of them were very easy for me to answer and I did not find this interview challenging whatsoever.

The problem here is that they were not interested in continuation, which is quite difficult to understand for me. It seems that this was pure waste of time, maybe they just make their statistics on number of interviewed persons. This just does not make sense to me. Overall experience with this company is very poor because even I asked for some feedback they just ignored me.

London, England (UK)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at MongoDB in September 2011.

Interview Details – As I started out as a contractor, I didn't really have a formal interview. My "contractor interview" consisted of talking with my manager, the CTO and president for about 15-30 minutes each. I think it was more to see whether I would fit in culturally as I had already show that I was able to do my job.

Negotiation Details – I just mentioned an amount I was going to be happy with, with a little bit more. That got accepted.

Software Engineer

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at MongoDB in February 2012.

Interview Details – First phone interview was a laid back interview with an HR rep. Most likely to make sure you were at least a competent person. Then there was a technical phone interview in which you were asked to write a given algorithm in any language you like. The question was not hard, though I kind of messed it up, which resulted in me not getting an offer.

Interview Questions

• What Does your code typically look like?   Answer Question
  • Write an algorithm that tells me if 2 and only two numbers in a 1x3 array are the same.   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at MongoDB

Worked for MongoDB? Contribute to the Community!