MongoDB

3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Software Engineer Intern

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at MongoDB.

Interview Details – I applied through a recruiter after meeting a MongoDB employee at a hackathon. I went through an informal get to know you interview over the phone and then a technical interview over the phone. Both phone interviewers were extremely kind, and I thought the person conducting the technical interview was both patient and helpful.

Interview Question – First I was asked a few basic design questions, like how I would design an online chat system with separate room. Then I was asked why I've chosen some of of the technologies that I have worked with.I was asked a standard question about manipulating an array. The input array was sorted integers, and I was asked how to square all the elements and keep it sorted.   View Answers (2)

Software Engineering Intern Interview

Software Engineering Intern

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at MongoDB in November 2013.

Interview Details – Got contacted by MongoDB, since they had my resume from last year. I went through a 45 minute technical interview by phone, then another 45 minute phone interview, and finally three interviews onsite. I felt the onsite interview questions were not that difficult, but I tunnel visioned too hard on one approach and missed an easy solution.

Interview Question – Given a string of parantheses, brackets, and curly braces, write a function that returns whether the string is well balanced, in that every left delimiter is closed by the correct right delimiter. I was asked this question by multiple interviewers, it seems like their go-to question.   View Answer

Software Engineering Intern Interview

Software Engineering Intern

I applied through other source - interviewed at MongoDB in January 2013.

Interview Details – 3 challenges. Fizzbuzz. Find the height of a binary tree. Parsing parenthesis.

Interview Question – Given a set of open and close parenthesis, make sure the string is valid, such that each open parenthesis has a matching close parenthesis in the correct place.   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at MongoDB

Worked for MongoDB? Contribute to the Community!