Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at MongoDB
- Software Engineer (10)
- Intern (8)
- Software Engineering (7)
- Technical Services Engineer (3)
- Consulting Engineer (3)
- Software Engineering Intern (2)
- Solutions Architect (2)
- Engineer (1)
- Event Coordinator (1)
- Senior Marketing Manager (1)
- Development Intern (1)
- Technical Support Engineer (1)
- Technical Writer (1)
- Software Engineering Internship (1)
- Intern Developer (1)
- Manager DevOps (1)
- Solutions Architect (Customer-facing) (1)
- New/Recent Grad - Software Engineering (1)
- Database Kernel Engineer (1)
- Global Training Coordinator (1)
- Junior Software Engineer (1)
- Software Engineer Intern (1)
- Senior Engineer (1)
- Systems Engineer (1)
- Technical Architect (1)
Software Engineer Intern Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MongoDB.
I applied through a recruiter after meeting a MongoDB employee at a hackathon. I went through an informal get to know you interview over the phone and then a technical interview over the phone. Both phone interviewers were extremely kind, and I thought the person conducting the technical interview was both patient and helpful.
- First I was asked a few basic design questions, like how I would design an online chat system with separate room. Then I was asked why I've chosen some of of the technologies that I have worked with.I was asked a standard question about manipulating an array. The input array was sorted integers, and I was asked how to square all the elements and keep it sorted. 5 Answers
Other Interview Reviews for MongoDB
Software Engineering Intern InterviewNo OfferAverage Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MongoDB in November 2013.
Got contacted by MongoDB, since they had my resume from last year. I went through a 45 minute technical interview by phone, then another 45 minute phone interview, and finally three interviews onsite. I felt the onsite interview questions were not that difficult, but I tunnel visioned too hard on one approach and missed an easy solution.
- Given a string of parantheses, brackets, and curly braces, write a function that returns whether the string is well balanced, in that every left delimiter is closed by the correct right delimiter. I was asked this question by multiple interviewers, it seems like their go-to question. 3 Answers
Software Engineering Intern InterviewNo OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through other source. I interviewed at MongoDB in January 2013.
3 challenges. Fizzbuzz. Find the height of a binary tree. Parsing parenthesis.
- Given a set of open and close parenthesis, make sure the string is valid, such that each open parenthesis has a matching close parenthesis in the correct place. 2 Answers