MongoDB

Relevance Date Difficulty

Technical Architect Interview

Technical Architect
New York, NY

I applied online - interviewed at MongoDB in December 2012.

Interview Details – The single biggest pain point was how long this took. And, every time I got a call from HR, it was to tell me that another call with someone else had been scheduled.

In total I fielded over 12 different onsite and offsite meetings over 3 months. There were several times when I was convinced that this is a serious waste of time.

After the technical phone screen, I went in for an in-person invterview that lasted 4 hours and there I met 4 people. That same day I received a call from one more person.

It took 3 months to receive an offer.

Interview Question – We have a person who logs into a website using their Facebook credentials. Anything they post to that website can be seen by their friends and those friends' friends only.
How would you optimize the collection of this data?
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate. I took the base salary, stock options and bonus structure as is. I thought it was pretty fair.

Interviews for Top Jobs at MongoDB

Worked for MongoDB? Contribute to the Community!