Monitise

Updated Jan 10, 2015
Updated Jan 10, 2015

2.9

Human Resources Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Monitise.

Was a fairly smooth process; good communication, timely updates on next steps. The office was nice, very organized in terms of expecting my arrival, checked me in, interviewers were on time and I was impressed by the caliber of the people I met with. Overall a very good experience. Other than, however, the length of time it took from the initial interviews to offer; that took a long time for some internal process reasons.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were appropriate in both relevance and difficulty; no real surprises   Answer Question
    It took longer than I would have expected, but they company was very responsive and kept me updated.

Software Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Rafael, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Rafael, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Monitise in March 2011.

Director 1:1, then several team members in series 1:1, the Director again

Take it or not

IOS Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Monitise.

The hiring and interview process consist of two phase. Initially a recruiter from Linked approach me for iOS Developer position in Monitise and after some conversation, the recruiter forwarded my resume to the company for review to see if I qualified for the job. After 2 days, I received in-person interview which went pretty well. They asked questions mostly surrounding iOS framework and objective C related. I had been also asked to write some code in the board, followed by what iOS framework I have used and why? Other questions were, what are the difference between SAX and DOM parsers and when we prefer one over other and MRC related question. Overall, it went well.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Istanbul (Turkey)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Monitise in May 2014.

1- I applied through linkedin.
    2- an interview was appointed with HR.
    3- I attended to a technical exam and interview with department manager and HR.
    4- department manager was very friendly and intereseted.
    5- they focused more on my education than my previous jobs.

Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Monitise.

Interview at London HQ

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Monitise in January 2014.

In the beginning of the application process Monitise seemed really keen on getting me in for an interview. The first interview was very generic "What ist your strength, where do you see yourself in 10 years... bla bla bla". In the second round I was interviewed by 2 people and the questions became a bit more detailed. The first interview was ok but the second interviewer seemed really confused and unprepared. She asked very odd questions like "What do you think about documents?" and when I asked what the negative aspects about working at Monitise were she said "All the jerks who work here". Finally the recruiter told me that he was going to come back to me once they had interviewed all candidates. 2 months later I still hadn't heard back so I sent him an Email asking what was going on. His reply was: "As mentioned below the consensus was that you would be able to the role here with no problems at all. The concern was that you wouldn’t be a long term option in the role you interviewed for and that you might quickly grow out of the role. We also thought that you didn’t have the drive and passion about the space we’re in that we expect might expect to see from people who might be looking to join the business. Perhaps you not responding to my original email was an indication of this." I have to mention that there was no question in his previous Email to which I could have replied and also he was unable to provide a detailed job description throughout the whole process. I applied for the job because the job title sounded interesting but even in the interviews no one could really tell me what the responsibilities would be.

My experience in the company was really odd and although the office is rather big, there doesn't seem to be a single non-white person in it.

Developer Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Monitise.

Telephone & Panel Interviews

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Istanbul (Turkey)

I applied online – interviewed at Monitise in April 2013.

I applied for software development internship. Recruiter of the company sent to me a form and they requested to fill the form.

Senior Android Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Monitise in March 2013.

2 hours of interview in java starting from interface vs abstract class to how you use reflection API , multi threading followed by Android questions of an hour. I survived this interview and to be told by my recruiter that I wasn't good enough in Android.

Junior Mobile Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Monitise.

I had a phone call from a recruiter who told me that there this company was interested in my profile, and he asked me if I was interested, and if he could send them my CV.
    I obviously answered yes, so he called me some days later and told me that Monitise liked my CV, and they would send me an exercise project to test my development skills.
    It was sent one week later; I've done it properly, and finally I had a chance to be interviewed by them.
    I didn't have to wait too long to be interviewed; it lasted one hour and those who interviewed me looked nice and professional, despite their hard questions.
    It's been several weeks since my interview, and I had no sign of life from them: they simply disappeared. They have never given any feedback to me or my recruiter; this was a real let-down.

Interview Questions
    • It looked like they didn't even take a look at the exercise project I sent them or to my previous projects; futhermore it has been quite hard, since everytime I came up with a solution they always told me to improve it.   Answer Question
    • Tell us a sort algorithm and its complexity   Answer Question
    • Object-Oriented Paradigm questions   Answer Question