Monitise

Very Easy Interview

Software Quality Engineer Interview

Software Quality Engineer
San Rafael, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Monitise in March 2011.

Interview Details – Director 1:1, then several team members in series 1:1, the Director again

Interview Question – What are your least effective traits?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Take it or not

Product Manager Interview

Product Manager
London, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Monitise in January 2014.

Interview Details – In the beginning of the application process Monitise seemed really keen on getting me in for an interview. The first interview was very generic "What ist your strength, where do you see yourself in 10 years... bla bla bla". In the second round I was interviewed by 2 people and the questions became a bit more detailed. The first interview was ok but the second interviewer seemed really confused and unprepared. She asked very odd questions like "What do you think about documents?" and when I asked what the negative aspects about working at Monitise were she said "All the jerks who work here". Finally the recruiter told me that he was going to come back to me once they had interviewed all candidates. 2 months later I still hadn't heard back so I sent him an Email asking what was going on. His reply was: "As mentioned below the consensus was that you would be able to the role here with no problems at all. The concern was that you wouldn’t be a long term option in the role you interviewed for and that you might quickly grow out of the role. We also thought that you didn’t have the drive and passion about the space we’re in that we expect might expect to see from people who might be looking to join the business. Perhaps you not responding to my original email was an indication of this." I have to mention that there was no question in his previous Email to which I could have replied and also he was unable to provide a detailed job description throughout the whole process. I applied for the job because the job title sounded interesting but even in the interviews no one could really tell me what the responsibilities would be.

My experience in the company was really odd and although the office is rather big, there doesn't seem to be a single non-white person in it.

Interview Question – What do you think about documents   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Internship
Istanbul (Turkey)

I applied online - interviewed at Monitise in April 2013.

Interview Details – I applied for software development internship. Recruiter of the company sent to me a form and they requested to fill the form.

Interview Question – Generally, they asked ordinary questions.   Answer Question

Service Manager Interview

Service Manager
London, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Monitise.

Interview Details – Interview at London HQ

Interview Question – What do you know about Monitise?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Developer Support Analyst Interview

Developer Support Analyst
London, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Monitise.

Interview Details – Telephone & Panel Interviews

Interview Question – Average   View Answer

Senior Android Developer Interview

Senior Android Developer
London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Monitise in March 2013.

Interview Details – 2 hours of interview in java starting from interface vs abstract class to how you use reflection API , multi threading followed by Android questions of an hour. I survived this interview and to be told by my recruiter that I wasn't good enough in Android.

Interview Question – Explain how Integer.parseInt(str) is implemented   Answer Question

Junior Mobile Developer Interview

Junior Mobile Developer
London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Monitise.

Interview Details – I had a phone call from a recruiter who told me that there this company was interested in my profile, and he asked me if I was interested, and if he could send them my CV.
I obviously answered yes, so he called me some days later and told me that Monitise liked my CV, and they would send me an exercise project to test my development skills.
It was sent one week later; I've done it properly, and finally I had a chance to be interviewed by them.
I didn't have to wait too long to be interviewed; it lasted one hour and those who interviewed me looked nice and professional, despite their hard questions.
It's been several weeks since my interview, and I had no sign of life from them: they simply disappeared. They have never given any feedback to me or my recruiter; this was a real let-down.

Interview Questions

• It looked like they didn't even take a look at the exercise project I sent them or to my previous projects; futhermore it has been quite hard, since everytime I came up with a solution they always told me to improve it.   Answer Question
  • Tell us a sort algorithm and its complexity   Answer Question
  • Object-Oriented Paradigm questions   Answer Question

Strategy Consultant Interview

Strategy Consultant
City of London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Monitise in August 2011.

Interview Details – Robert Walters, a recruiting agency came across my CV on www.monster.co.uk. A recruiting consultant of Robert Walters contacted me about a Strategy Consultant position for Monitise Group that fits my profile. She interviewed me: basic CV questions and whether it is the sort of position, company and industry I were interested in. At the end of week one, she arranged for a phone screening interview with a Senior Strategy Consultant of Monitise.

Week two, a Senior Strategy Consultant interviewed me over the phone. Why am I interested in this position? Why have I left my former employer? What do I know about Monitise? How strong are your quantitative skills? Are you skill in financial modelling? For the last two questions I told her am not an expert number-cruncher but am comfortable with numbers. She was sympathetically understanding and also confessed about her own weak quantitative side. She concluded if I move on to the next stage, the latter would involve a panel interview and case study exercise. At the end of week two, the recruiting consultant informed me of having passed the phone interview, and another interview the following week.

Week three, I was interviewed by the same Senior Strategy Consultant and another Senior Consultant then followed by a face-to-face case study exercise. At the end of week three, the recruiting consultant informed me I have not succeeded citing my average quantitative skills as reasons.

On the whole, the recruiting consultant from Robert Walters left an excellent impression in me. She was very professional, knowledgeable and helpful. The Senior Strategy Consultant with whom I had the phone screening interview was nice but she should have provided me with details about the case study exercise. I prepared for a written case study, hardly had figured it was going to be a verbal case study where Senior Consultant conveys the case orally. It was a very easy case study but because I rushed to get everything written down, my reasoning missed an important piece of information.

I was kept waiting in the reception area for 17minutes over the interview scheduled time. Secondly, I wasn't impressed by their offices: small, "cluttered", downgrade and "unmodern". For a headquarter branch, those offices are a big let-down. Figuratively, those offices mirror the company's red balance sheet. Monitise is yet to make a profit. They are expected to breakeven in 2013. Good luck to Monitise.

Interview Questions

Worked for Monitise? Contribute to the Community!