Monitor Group

Very Difficult Interview

Associate Interview

Associate
Washington, DC

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Monitor Group in November 2011.

Interview Details – The interviewer put a packet in front of me, told me I had 20 minutes to finish it and then left. The packet was around ten pages in length, single spaced and full of charts and graphs. It was essentially a case study having to do with market sizing, but it was at least three times more difficult and more involved than the practice case they had online.

I was not able to finish one of the questions; time ran out, and one of the key elements for completing the quantitative analysis was located in a footnote on one of the graphs, which I happened not to see. After the twenty minutes were up, the interviewer came back in and went over the case with me, listening to my answers and walking me through the parts that I missed. Following this, he gave me a personal interview asking traditional questions about my personality and educational/work background.

In the end, the interviewer called me personally to tell me that he was not going to be able to extend me an offer for a second round interview. He said that because I was a liberal arts major, the pressure was really on me to perform outstandingly in the quantitative section of the interview, and although the parts I finished were correct, I didn't finish the analysis, and other people did. He gave me positive feedback on the rest of my interview and then we ended our conversation.

Interview Question – How much profit does the company generate from the revenue totals for selling shoes that you found in the previous question?   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Monitor Group

Worked for Monitor Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Monitor Group Associate interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Monitor Group employees and interview candidates.