Monitor Group Internship Interview Questions

3.7

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Monitor Group (Cambridge, MA) in February 2011.

Interview

1 hour interview. They give you a case study based off of one the company has actually done and you have one analytical (math) question and two more holistic ones. You get a really crappy elementary school calculator and a lot of information- more than you can process in 15 min. They come back in and ask you to walk through your thinking- I got the sense that it was about whether the numbers were close, but behind that, really whether your methodology was right and how you approached the question. How do you view the market, why do you see this firm as a competitor and this firm as not one? Etc etc.

Interview Questions

• (After having said the acquisition would be profitable.) Can you give me any arguments against what you just recommended?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Monitor Group

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Monitor Group (Chicago, IL) in February 2010.

Interview

First round interview is one hour. You are given a written packet with 15 minutes to read through and answer a few questions. The interviewer then enters the room and questions you on the case. The final half hour is general behavioral and resume questions. The final round interview day consists of two interviews. The first interview is a group case exercise. You are brought to a conference room with 4 or 5 other prospectives and given a business case to read (30 minutes). Then, each person is given an individual problem to work on (30 minutes). A few interviewers enter the room, and observe each group member takes a turn leading a discussion around their individual problem. The goal of this exercise is to recreate a case team environment. This is followed by a 45 minute break, and an individual feedback interview.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Monitor Group (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Very easy and efficient process - however scheduling took a while. 2 cases to work on individually for 30 min, followed by 40 min questioning time by 2 consultants

Interview Questions

• Connecting the different information in the exhibits and the text - careful analysis through the application of the framework Cases are structured with 'traps' so a note of caution look at the variables to consider with great detail in order to not rap up too many mistakes   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Monitor Group.

Interview

Monitor is unique in that its interview consists of a "paper case". The interviewer gives the interviewee a packet of about 6 pages of texts and 8 exhibits, and there are 3 questions to answer. The questions are similar to a normal case interview, but the interviewer leaves the room and the returns 25 minutes later. The interviewee must be prepared to present the answers and walk the interviewer through the logic.

Interview Questions

• The only questions asked come from the lengthy paper case, besides one or two brief behavioral questions at the beginning.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Monitor Group (Singapore (Singapore)) in March 2012.

Interview

Applicants go through 3 different interviews; 1 fit interview ( resume and background) and 2 case studies ( with a few fit interview questions as well). Case studies consisted of 10-15 pgs of text, graphs and 3 questions ( 1 quant, 2 qual) to be answered. Pharmaceutical and running shoe company were the two industries presented during my interview. Make sure you review all the graphs and text before interviewer enters room. Segmenting and searching for all the quantitative numbers needed to answer the question was the most difficult part in my opinion. Qualitative were reasonably straight forward, but be confident in your answers and presentation.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Monitor Group (São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)) in October 2011.

Interview

First, the candidates do a GMAT like test. If approved, they are called for a case interview. The case interview consists of a written case, which one reads alone and must solve three questions. The interviewer comes and the interviewee explains how he got to the results.

Interview Questions

• What would you do to compete in the market as a new company?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Zürich (Switzerland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Monitor Group (Zürich (Switzerland)) in July 2011.

Interview

The first round consists of two 1:1 interviews with 30 minutes preparation each. you will be handed a booklet of about 15-20 pages with background infos, charts etc and 3 tasks. then you'll work through the 3 tasks with the interviewer. this takes about 45 minutes. the remaining 15 minutes is about you and your motivation

Interview Questions

• what do you look for in a distribution channel if you want to launch a new product.   Answer Question