Monitor Group

www.monitor.com

Monitor Group Interview Questions

3.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Monitor Group.

Two rounds

First round- written case study and market sizing

Second round- group case study, role play, feedback

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Monitor Group.

Two round process for experienced / MBA hires
    Round 1: Case interview and fit interview
    Round 2 : Group interview, role play and feedback interview
    Great fit with the people, taking it as a learning experience as much as an evaluation process

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Monitor Group in December 2012.

I was referred to Monitor by a friend who already worked there at the time. Based on his reference, a first round of interview was conducted at the Nariman Point Office by the head of HR at the time - Naina Batra. She was a pleasant person, yet in-control. The office had a nice, relaxed feel to it which, compared to the services organization I already worked with, was a stark difference. I was not made to wait for too long.

The interview was conversational. She asked me why I wanted to work with the firm and I gave her my reasons for shifting. She also asked me where I saw myself in the firm in a short time from then.

This was followed by a telephonic case round with one of the consultants. She gave me a case to solve - a problem with a hospital and estimating the number of beds in this particular hospital that was being set up in a developing country. At all points, she was cooperative. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to do particularly well on the interview, and the feedback process she employed told me as much.

Interview Questions
    • There was no unexpected question as such, nothing away from the standard list of HR questions and case-related questions that you'd ask. The interviewers never tried to trip you up.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Monitor Group.

Individual interviews, then group interviews for final round.

Associate Consultant Interview

I was given a standard case and it was industry specific. It was neither too difficult or too easy, but you can expect that your interviewer is expecting perfection in your delivery and thought process if your going to make it through to the final round.

Interview Questions
    • What are your recommendations for the company? Give me another one?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Monitor Group in November 2012.

Interview Questions
    • Personal Interview followed by Case Interviews - Profit and Loss case, Profitability case, business expansion case, Merger and Acquisition Case, People Strategy case, Partner Case - Why, Where, How, Business Strategy, Porters five forces (no brainer) , More strategy cases, M & A Case   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Monitor Group.

Had an initial phone interview which consisted of fit questions and a quick case (breakeven analysis and cost reduction brainstorming). A week later, had an in-person first round. There is barely enough time to read through the information and structure your first answer before the interviewer walks in. Prioritize!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Monitor Group in October 2012.

Submission of CV and Covering Letter (which is indeed read by the recruiters) online. If you pass the initial screening, you get invited to a first round of interviews in London. The interviews are composed as follows: 1) Written case study, length 20 minutes, with up to four questions to answer (be prepared, you will not be able to answer them all in the allotted time) followed by 30 minutes discussion with interviewer; 2) Oral case study (market sizing, typically) followed by CV discussion, approximately 30 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • Should the company enter the aftermarket components market for its own products?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Monitor Group.

Monitor is unique in that its interview consists of a "paper case". The interviewer gives the interviewee a packet of about 6 pages of texts and 8 exhibits, and there are 3 questions to answer. The questions are similar to a normal case interview, but the interviewer leaves the room and the returns 25 minutes later. The interviewee must be prepared to present the answers and walk the interviewer through the logic.

Interview Questions
    • The only questions asked come from the lengthy paper case, besides one or two brief behavioral questions at the beginning.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Monitor Group in March 2012.

Applicants go through 3 different interviews; 1 fit interview ( resume and background) and 2 case studies ( with a few fit interview questions as well).

Case studies consisted of 10-15 pgs of text, graphs and 3 questions ( 1 quant, 2 qual) to be answered. Pharmaceutical and running shoe company were the two industries presented during my interview. Make sure you review all the graphs and text before interviewer enters room. Segmenting and searching for all the quantitative numbers needed to answer the question was the most difficult part in my opinion. Qualitative were reasonably straight forward, but be confident in your answers and presentation.