Monitor Group

1 Interview Review

4.0

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Undergraduate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Monitor Group in October 2009.

there were two case interviews and one fit interview, each with different people.

FIT INTERVIEW: pretty standard. will ask questions on your personality, aspirations and manner of work. i applied as an undergraduate as i have 2 years work experience but not business training; they looked at exam results all the way back to my first year of university!!

CASE INTERVIEWS: you are given 20 minutes on your own, and 20 minutes to present your answers and thought process to an interviewer. Monitor's case interviews are pretty different from the ones used by other consulting firms-- they are more similar to math problems and less to higher-level strategic business problems. there is a lot of information to absorb and take into account in little time, so make sure you are calm and read EVERYTHING before starting to answer the questions. if you don't finish the problem, the interviewer will ask you to wing it and tell them how you would solve the problem if you had had the time.

i did well on the fit interview, but got flustered and did poorly on the first case interview, which destabilized me and didn't help my performance on the second case interview.
they called me a few days later to let me know the outcome, and gave me some brief feedback.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you think you'd make a good consultant?   View Answer
  • Give an example of a situation in which you didn't get along with a coworker, and how you handled the situation   View Answer