Monitronics

Relevance Date Difficulty

.NET Developer Interview

.NET Developer
Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Monitronics in May 2014.

Interview Details – HR called to schedule a "technique" interview, and I asked for a confirmation email which is not happened. And then I receive the call, still this HR with some unexpected question.

Interview Question – Not difficult, but unexpected database conceptions.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Monitronics.

Interview Details – After applying, you'll
-receive an email to take 2 online assessments
-have a phone interview
-an in-person interview with a panel of 3
-one-on-one in which you'll listen to calls for 15-45mins
-visit HR and take drug test
-fill out remaining new hire papers online

Interview Question – None of the questions were difficult, they just want to know about your past jobs with examples. Such as: Have you had any disagreements with management before and how did it turn out? Name a mistake you made, and how you corrected it? What are your strength/weakness?

But most importantly: WHY DO YOU WANT TO WORK FOR MONITRONICS?
  Answer Question

Dallas, TX

I applied online - interviewed at Monitronics in April 2014.

Interview Details – I was first contacted by a recruiter, Trisha Arlnold, after applying online on indeed.com. Trisha invited me to take an assessment which was emailed to me. I completed it immediately and Trisha called me the next day to advise I did very well and will be moving forward the next stage. She said I will be starting on Tuesday since they are filling immediate positions. I never heard back from Trisha Arnold. I called her and emailed her to ask when can I start work, she has not contacted me back to this day. Even if Monitronics offers me a position, I will decline due to the unprofessional experience I have. This company's image dropped in my eyes. Each time I see the name Monitronics, I recall my bad misrepresenting experience.

Dallas, TX

I applied online and interviewed at Monitronics.

Interview Details – phone interview, hr interview and testing followed by interview with a supervisor/hiring panel

Interview Question – have you ever had a disagreement with a supervisor/peer and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – horrible reviews, HIGH TURN OVER RATIO!!! Ill treatment of Superiors to subordinates, LOW Pay !!!

Finance Manager Interview

Finance Manager

I applied through other source and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Monitronics in July 2010.

Interview Details – Initial one on one interview, then case interview of analyzing financial statements

Interview Question – Analyzing why competitions financials were different than ours, and thus understanding why monitronics business model was different than theirs   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate, I was satisfied with the base salary. I did want stock options which they said they would consider adding at a later stage, but they never did

Finance Interview

Finance
Dallas, TX

I interviewed at Monitronics in June 2012.

Interview Details – Interview process was not inviting. Words of advice, if the interview has a cold undertone and it is clearly apparent you being there is a waste of someone's time, it's not going to get better from there. Kindly finish the interview and don't turn back. Best decision I made.

Interview Question – Interview questions were comical and very unprofessional.   View Answer

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Monitronics.

Interview Details – There was an initial phone screening process. After roughly 20min on the phone I was chosen to be interviewed by a 'hiring team' and told to research the company before arriving. I showed up 30 min early for my interview and after a short delay I was taken into a room and interviewed before a panel of 5 employees of the company. Most of the questions were behavioral/situation type questions. After you get over the fact that there is a panel interviewing you it's not so bad.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you took responsibility for a mistake?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations, however the pay was discussed during the phone screen so I knew exactly what I was getting into.

Worked for Monitronics? Contribute to the Community!