Monotype Interview Questions

Updated Jun 29, 2015

3.2

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Monotype.

Interview

There are 4 round : 1 On-line aptitude test 2. Written in company 3. Face 2 face Technical 4. Second technical. First On- line Appti we can give from our system in home.

Interview Questions

• 1st round is very simple. 2 round is also simple having 2 Questions A ). make a generic method to find the K Consecutive numbers missing in integer array. B ) make a generic method which take integer as input and out will be minimum number from the combination of input integer digits. The person taking my first round blaming on my code he try to proof himself that he is good in programming.He told me that he is working as SDET on VSTS tools. he don't know some basic that difference between List and Array. He told me increase the size of array.   1 Answer

Interview

I started with a phone interview with the recruiter which lasted about a half-hour. Then they invited me in for an in-person interview with the hiring manager which went great. A week later I was invited back to meet with 4 other people I'd be working with or supervised with. I was told I would know either way within a week of that last interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you would develop a strategy to generate the greatest revenue.   Answer Question

Support Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Monotype.

Interview

Went in for interview with Mgr, HR, and IT Staff. Phone interview with director. Answered multiple standard IT questions. Received call-back with offer.

Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Employee in Noida (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Monotype (Noida (India)).

Interview

Had appeared for a f2f interview which lasted for 2-3 hrs. After that I was asked to appear for HR director round on next day which went well as well. After the HR round, there were 2 more technical rounds on Skype. Lastly I had a talk with their QA director from US over Skype.

Senior Software Developer Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Noida (India)

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Monotype (Noida (India)).

Interview

6 rounds were conducted. 1. Online test on WCF , ASP NET 2. F2F technical first 3. F2F technical second 4. F2F technical third 5. HR round 6. U.S. Telephonic techno-managerial round 1,2,3 round were in the same day in the company itself, they test your analytical skills and ur ability to get to the answer. 4 th round was all technical and program writing skills with a senior person in the company. HR round was long but fruitful( was expecting an offer but didn't get any) U.S. Round was more on ur current job experience and interview revolves around ur resume.

Interview Questions

• WAP to churn out a certain amount from ATM machine with all type of currency notes in the final outcome?   Answer Question
    • Questions on jquery, dot net & WCF   Answer Question

QA Tester Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greater Noida (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Monotype (Greater Noida (India)) in April 2015.

Interview

4 Rounds - 1 Online, 2 Technical interviews, 1 Behavioral Interview HR was helpful . Offer was extended but not good compensation on current CTC. Documents and forms were filled after the interviews. Follow ups were required to know the status. Interview call for automation engineer but role offered was Manual.

Interview Questions

• 1. Online Test - Java based question of difficulty - Easy to Average 2. Technical Interviews - SQL commands, Automation tool discussion and current job role discussion with 5 puzzles - Introduction about the company and team with work environment. 3. Behavioral Interview - Discussion with Director. Cam to know the role offered was manual (no automation), puzzles   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Noida (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Monotype (Noida (India)) in December 2014.

Interview

It was an easy/average online test consist of 4 sections quant , technical (c) , technical (c++ ,5 questions ) and an online programming secction . all sections were easy one mostly basics related if u r strong in basics of c , c++ then u dont need to worry and programming section was also easy

Interview Questions

• there was a question where u have to write algorithm for a question ... , no compilinng , no test cases it was just like writing on a notepad   Answer Question

Lead Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Monotype.

Interview

Interview process was very good, I was challenged to solve really good problems. They have major focus on analytical capabilties and problem solving skills. They give you enough time to think over the solution and do not take interview in rush.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They offered me good salary so I did not have to negotiate.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Monotype.

Interview

The entire process got completed in a single day. There were 3 rounds - Round 1: The first round was an online MCQ test (3 sections: C,C++ and Aptitude)and the questions were highly conceptual and majority of them wanted to test whether you know if "doing so and so" would cause a runtime error or compile time error or work normally. Answering such questions will be easy if you have been programming for a while. Other questions in this round- 1) parameter passing to the main() function argc and argv. 2) Some class is given say 'Student'.Inside main(){ Student *ptr = NULL; ptr->func();} So will this give a valid result. More such types of questions in which a NULL is assigned to a variable/ptr and then you need to tell whether a printf on that ptr will show anything etc. 3) The General Aptitude questions were of a good level. Questions like (FORTY+TEN+TEN=SIXTY) then what is the value of O? Some relationship questions were also there. Only 2-3 questions were tough but the rest were easy. Round 2: It had 4 programming questions(90 min) and all of them were solvable (for an average to good programmer). One of them was a data structures problem. Although the system was an IDE and tested your code on defined test cases, they also checked the code manually for every possible inputs for all the 29 people who had got into the second round. After this round only 8 people made it to the final round. Round 3: Technical Interview Round - Some questions on programming(bit manipulations, printing an array in a spiral way) and some on Logic(measure 9 min using 2 hourglasses of 4 min and 7 min). The experience was good. The job profile very interesting but I didn't really understand how programming would be put to use in making typefaces.

Interview Questions

• There wasn't any unexpected or most difficult question.   1 Answer

Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Monotype (Noida (India)) in March 2013.

Interview

Written test having 10 technical questions and 10 aptitude question, followed by couple of technical interviews mostly on Data structure and college projects and on programming Language and 4 non technical interviews about one's interests and passion,communication and projects which one has worked on and finally HR round where compensation was discussed and finally offer was rolled out and I accepted it.