Monsanto Company

2 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Biologist I Interview

Biologist I

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Monsanto Company.

Interview Details – Applied online via a staffing agency. Had a panel interview with three senior scientists (my would be managers). They asked me questions about my former research projects. They really wanted me to elaborate on my skills. They all talked about their work and goals while I sat and listened. At times it was awkward and tense because my research was very different than theirs. The only behavioral questions were ones that related to working with others. Everyone has to get along and they really want people who are outgoing and easy to work with.

Interview Question – Describe a different route you would have taken with your previous research. What is the organic name for colchicine.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I declined the offer because after the three hour interview I decided that I wasn't the best candidate, even though I was offered the job.

Biologist I Interview

Biologist I
Saint Louis, MO

The process took a day - interviewed at Monsanto Company in February 2011.

Interview Details – This was a face to face interview, with two different panels, each comprised of two people. It was a relaxed atmosphere.

Interview Questions

• Name a difficult work situation and how you handled it?   Answer Question
  • What was a project/deadline you failed on and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, this was a contract position

Worked for Monsanto Company? Contribute to the Community!