Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Monsanto Company
- Intern (11)
- Research Associate (9)
- IT Co-Op (8)
- Process Engineer (6)
- Business Analyst (5)
- Biologist I (3)
- Research Scientist (3)
- Human Resources Generalist (3)
- Electrical Engineer Co-op (3)
- Finance (3)
- IT Manager (2)
- Senior Applications Developer (2)
- Marketing Manager (2)
- Java Developer (2)
- IT Coop (2)
- Software Engineer (2)
- Engineering (2)
- Research Assistant (2)
- Finance Internship (2)
- Scientific Business Analyst (2)
- Quality Assurance Software Tester (2)
- Operations Research Analyst (2)
- Risk Modeling (2)
- Technical Lead (2)
- Field Research Assistant (2)
- Technical Writing Lead (2)
- Entomology Lab Technician/Fiend Crew Intern (1)
- TDRa (1)
- Seed Production Intern (1)
- Maintenance Area Lead (1)
Biologist I Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Monsanto Company (Woodland, CA).
Panel consists of the supervisors of the involved departments. They take turn asking you interview questions, mostly behavior questions related to your previous work experiences. Then you get a tour of the lab.
- How would you handle these situations were the hardest for me. Answer Question
No negotiation since it was a contract job
Other Interview Reviews for Monsanto Company
Biologist I InterviewDeclined Offer
I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Monsanto Company.
Applied online via a staffing agency. Had a panel interview with three senior scientists (my would be managers). They asked me questions about my former research projects. They really wanted me to elaborate on my skills. They all talked about their work and goals while I sat and listened. At times it was awkward and tense because my research was very different than theirs. The only behavioral questions were ones that related to working with others. Everyone has to get along and they really want people who are outgoing and easy to work with.
- Describe a different route you would have taken with your previous research. What is the organic name for colchicine. Answer Question
Reasons for Declining
I declined the offer because after the three hour interview I decided that I wasn't the best candidate, even though I was offered the job.
Biologist I InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Monsanto Company (Saint Louis, MO) in February 2011.
This was a face to face interview, with two different panels, each comprised of two people. It was a relaxed atmosphere.
No negotiation, this was a contract position