Monsanto Company Interview Questions

Updated Oct 5, 2014
Updated Oct 5, 2014

3.1

IT Co-Op Interview

It was a behavior interview and the procedure was not painful. They asks several general questions and there are no technical questions. I went to two rounds including the onsite ones and all of them are behavior questions. Just makes sure your resume is good.

Analytics Scientist Interview

Phone interview. Basically the Hiring Manger went through everything on the job description and asked for detailed examples. Also a mixture of behavior and technical interview questions. The Hiring Manager is overall nice and seems knowledgeable. But it didn't work out because my experience does not fit the position very well.

Biologist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodland, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodland, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Monsanto Company.

Panel consists of the supervisors of the involved departments. They take turn asking you interview questions, mostly behavior questions related to your previous work experiences. Then you get a tour of the lab.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle these situations were the hardest for me.   Answer Question
    No negotiation since it was a contract job

Research Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Monsanto Company.

A phone recruiter will call and prescreen you. If you pass that, you'll be scheduled for a 2-3 hour behavioral interview where they have several groups of people interview you on Monsanto's core compentencies.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to describe a time in which my customers or co-workers lost trust in me and the actions I took to try to rebuild that trust.   Answer Question

Research Assistant I Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Monsanto Company.

Interview process was held at a hiring blitz, it was very neat to see the other candidates. Very nice, calm environment . You would bounce around from groups/panels of interviewers and asked the same questions over and over.

Seed Process Engineering Co-op Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Monsanto Company.

I talked to an engineering leader in my college's career fair and submitted my resume. A month later, I was notified that the engineering group is interviewing me. I was asked to visit their main campus in Saint Louis. I was interviewed by three people on site in Saint Louis along with other candidates. The interview was rather casual I feel. The interviewer are really friendly and approachable. The questions they asked are very typical behavioral questions and they requested me to go through my experience and resume.

Human Resources Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Monsanto Company.

I got the information for classmates and directly emailed the recruiter asking for a phone interview opportunity. During the phone interview, just explained the job position to me and let me introduce myself and went through my resume and asked several personal information.

Intermediate Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Luling, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Luling, LA

I applied online – interviewed at Monsanto Company in July 2014.

The interview process was rather odd in my experience in that no technical questions were asked at any level of interviewing. Purely behavioral interview with questions that I don't feel gave any indication of how I would fit with the culture of the company or my ability to perform the duties required of the position.

From the phone screening by an outside reqruiter to the onsite interview and eventual notification that I would not be hired the process took about 4 months. A rather long time but I suppose it's not out of the ordinary if they were being particularly picky.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you lost the trust of a peer or superior and explain what you did to repair the relationship.   Answer Question

Fixed Asset Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Creve Coeur, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Creve Coeur, MO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Monsanto Company.

Two rounds of interview - 1 HR round on telephone and 1 with line manager in person. HR interview was very basic. The round with line manager had technical accounting questions

Interview Questions
    The negotiation was not required as the benefits more than made up for the salary.

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Muscatine, IA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Muscatine, IA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Monsanto Company.

Monsanto conducts behavior based interviews. The interview questions are selected such that the answers provided should give an idea of how someone is likely to behave in certain applicable situations. The thought is that the best predictor of future behavior is past behavior. An example question would be "Please desribe a time when you didn't get along with a fellow employee and how you handled that situation."

Interview Questions
    • I didn't find any of the questions particularly difficult, as you simply to reflect on past experience and tell your story to provide an idea of who you are as a person. Another example question would be "Have you been given a project which you didn't fully understand?" Assuming so, what did you do to better understand the project?   Answer Question