Monsanto Company

120 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Accountant Interview

Saint Louis, MO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Monsanto Company in April 2011.

Interview Details – Process too 2-3 weeks. First phone HR interview then a panel of 3 managers all finance.

Interview Question – no unexpected questions, only behavioral questions. "Can you tell me about a time you have to work with a difficult colleague, Can you tell me about a time you were given a project and you did not understand what is expected from you ...."   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Monsanto Company.

Interview Details – The Interview process was straight forward. I meet company HR at my university round table and was invited to interview the next day.

Interview Question – How did I react when something I had done on a project that resulted in the project or work not working?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interviewed at Monsanto Company

Interview Details – interviewed at campus. Ask some questions about my resume and my previous projects.

Interview Question – it is easy. No hard part. No coding.   Answer Question

Patent Scientist/Patent AGent Interview

Saint Louis, MO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Monsanto Company in July 2011.

Interview Details – Overall, the process was very slow, even with someone on the inside who was promoting me. They used "behavioral interview" questioning, which was easy to prepare for thoroughly, as those questions are commonly used and widely available on the internet.

Interview Question – Because I had seen and prepared for most all of the questions, none of them felt very difficult and none were unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – they are unwilling to give signing bonuses, and did not move much on salary. They only bumped me up from their initial offer when they discovered the original offer was a couple of thousand less than one of the people I came in to manage. However, vacation is absolutely negotiable (if you do things right, you can negotiate for four weeks right off the block - this is the maximum amount of time they give anyone, but if you are performing well, they are very generous with comp time.

Statistical Modeler Interview

I applied online and the process took 7 months - interviewed at Monsanto Company.

Interview Details – Many interviews for the same position. Phone screen, phone interview, on-line interview, another phone talk, on-site interview. It took totally 7 months. They were friendly but frustrating months until they offer the job. Overall a good experience

Interview Question – vague stat questions in general that without running stats, there is no way of knowing the best way to go. I think they were trying to understand my way of thinking.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I had accepted another position by the time they offered to me the job

Maintenance Area Lead Interview

Luling, LA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Monsanto Company.

Interview Details – Phone interview with some basic questions from HR in the HQ (St. Louis) followed by another phone interview with HR in Luling, LA. Face to face interview consisted of two panel interviews each 5-7 people and lunch. Interview questions are behavioral based.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you had to speak with candor.   Answer Question

Manufacturing Intern Interview

Saint Louis, MO

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Monsanto Company in September 2013.

Interview Details – After attending a career fair at my university, a Monsanto rep called me back that night, asking if I could interview the next morning. At the career fair, I had talked to a prior intern for the company, but not the company rep himself. Because of this, there was a misunderstanding as to what position I was applying for. (He wanted a Manufacturing Intern, but I was going for a research position.)

The interviewer was kind, and definitely helped make me feel relaxed during the interview. He even asked if this was my first interview, and gave me tips for the future. However, because of the misunderstanding with the position, he told me the most he could do was forward my resume to their R&D department.

Interview Question – How well do you work in group environments? Tell me about a time when you had a conflict with a coworker; and how it was resolved.   Answer Question

Seed Production Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Monsanto Company.

Interview Details – Met at a University career fair and talked with a rep there. He was very friendly and easy to hold a conversation with, although there was a girl there too who was less so. I was offered an interview the next day, which was set up by a phone call later in the afternoon after meeting the first time. As an intern, the interview was mostly behavioral, and most of the questions were fairly typical.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you made a mistake or let someone down.
When was a time that you were a leader?
What makes you want to do (insert career path here)?
  Answer Question

Area Advisor Interview

Muscatine, IA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Monsanto Company in October 2013.

Interview Details – First off was a 5 minute phone screen asking to describe yourself and explain why you are leaving your current company and why you have chosen to pursue employment with Monsanto. Next step was a phone interview with HR rep and hiring manager of 5 questions.

Interview Question – What is an important characteristic of a great leader? Tell us an example of when you used this trait.   Answer Question

IT Co-op Interview

Interviewed at Monsanto Company

Interview Details – Started with an face to face 30 minute interview with a university recruiter on campus. Then got invited to their blitz event in their corporate headquarters. There, I was interviewed by 5 people in one room.

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult or unexpected. The questions were merely variations of standard interview questions.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Monsanto Company

Worked for Monsanto Company? Contribute to the Community!

Monsanto Company Videos

Monsanto Company – Why Work for Us?

Monsanto has always embraced innovation and always focused on helping to make a better world. You can see it in our groundbreaking products and in our dynamic environment where your skills and your career can grow and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Monsanto Company interview questions and advice. All 120 interview reviews posted anonymously by Monsanto Company employees and interview candidates.