Monsanto Company Interview Questions

Updated Aug 29, 2015

Support Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Monsanto Company.

Interview

I applied online and received a call from HR. I had a phone interview with the HR representative before being brought onsite for a Behavioral based Interview with a panel of managers.

Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Monsanto Company.

Interview

The interview process began with a phone interview with Human Resources. The Human Resources representative missed the first scheduled interview, sending a calendar invite to reschedule about half an hour after the interview should have started. Fifteen minutes after the intended start time of the rescheduled interview, I called the representative and was, again, rescheduled. Finally, on the third try, the interview actually happened. The phone interview lasted about an hour and a large portion of that time was me, essentially, reading the job description back to the HR representative to ensure that, yes, I had all the requisite skills and could do the duties expected of the individual in that position. There were also a couple of behavioral questions and questions about current salary/benefits and salary expectations. I received a very disgruntled response when I tried to opt out of the current salary question. Overall, it was fine but the rescheduling was quite inconvenient, and I know of multiple others who had the same issue with this particular HR representative.

Interview Questions

• Describe an accomplishment that your are most proud of.   3 Answers

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Monsanto Company in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online. A couple of days later, an HR representative sent me an email with seven questions to answer. Some of the questions were: Do you have a Master's Degree? If you have a Bachelor’s degree, do you have 5 years of progressive post-Bachelor's experience? Do you have prior experience managing teams? Do you now or will you in the future require employer sponsorship in order to work in the United States? These questions seemed to duplicate the application, but I answered them again. About 4 weeks later, the hiring manager emailed me to schedule an interview. A few days later, the manager sent a final email confirming the day and time of the interview. Monsanto's pledge values dialogue, sharing, respect, and transparency, just to name a few. The hiring manager didn't appear to practice these values during this interview.

Interview Questions

• Is your degree an online degree?   1 Answer
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you? Would you be willing to pay for relocation at YOUR expense?   1 Answer

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ankeny, IA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Monsanto Company (Ankeny, IA) in June 2015.

Interview

The skills required on the application were entry level, but the interviewer seemed to think a higher level of machine knowledge was required. No behavioral based questions were asked, only skill based questions. The interviewer didn't seem interested from before the interview began; which made the rest of the interview feel bad. I toured the lab areas and they were nice.

Laboratory Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Muscatine, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Monsanto Company (Muscatine, IA) in May 2015.

Interview

Submitted an application twice before being emailed to arrange a phone interview. The two people I talked to mainly asked about my experience with lab instrumentation used as an undergraduate, and some questions regarding my work experience. Received an invitation to the plant for in-person interviews. This consisted of three 45 minute interviews, each with two employees of various titles. Each set of interviewers had 5 behavioral based questions, and would ask questions to expand upon your response to each. Afterwards, I was shown the various lab departments and given a quick rundown on benefits. Received a phone fall the following week with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Very broad behavioral based questions, regarding work and school history. "Name a project or assignment you were given that you excelled at completing"   Answer Question

Field Research Associate (Soybeans) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stonington, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Monsanto Company (Stonington, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

Emailed me the day after I applied asking me to provide a good time the following week to conduct a phone interview (about 45 min). After the phone interview, they wanted me to come up to stonington, IL for a face to face interview in the next few weeks.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Monsanto?   1 Answer
    • Are you certified to operate farm equipment and machinery?   1 Answer

I had put out multiple applications to multiple positions and I got a better offer elsewhere

Lab Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Iowa City, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Monsanto Company (Iowa City, IA) in May 2015.

Interview

It was skill based and behavioral based, although they only asked me two questions. I really did not answer the two questions well, so that is probably why the interview was only two questions. They also told me about the shifts and how they are swinging shifts so I would work a regular week, a night week, a mid day week, then a late day week. I said that seemed "very diverse" then it ended and they never contacted me again.

Interview Questions

• What are some of the instruments you have used along with the software?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you had to probe a client further to reach what they wanted?   1 Answer

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Monsanto Company (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

The entire process took ~2 months from the time I applied online until I was informed another candidate was selected. A phone interview was set up via e-mail about 1 month after I applied online, and an in person interview took place about 2 weeks after that. Very few technical questions were asked....it was almost entirely behavioral based questioning. I think just about every question I heard can be found if you Google behavioral interview questions and look through a few big lists.

Interview Questions

• What is the biggest misconception other people have about you?   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Monsanto Company.

Interview

Two managers come to campus and total interview takes 45 minutes. Most questions are behavior questions and it is more like a conversation. They would like to hear your experience and your activities.

Seasonal Employee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huxley, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Monsanto Company (Huxley, IA) in April 2015.

Interview

Very basic and laidback. They read my resume, told me about the seasonal work, and offered me the job! Didn't have to answer any questions other than, "Are you comfortable with this? Does this sound like something you might be interested in?" I wish all interviews were like this one!

Interview Questions

• Just asked if I felt comfortable with the position and what it entailed.   Answer Question