Monsanto Company Interview Questions & Reviews

3.1

Technical Writing Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Creve Coeur, MO
    Anonymous Employee in Creve Coeur, MO

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Monsanto Company in September 2013.

After the usual phone screens, they invited me to HQ for an on-site interview. They flew me in the day before, put me up in a nearby hotel, and took me to dinner. I was scheduled for an intensive daylong interview with 15 people, followed by a writing test.

Interview Questions
    • Like many Fortune 500 companies, Monsanto uses the behavioral interview based on the popular (but unproven) notion that past job behavior predicts future job behavior. So you'll need to spend hours in advance doing mock interviews to make sure you have all your canned corporate-approved B.S. answers ready for your interrogation by 15 panelists. There won't be any opportunity for professional discussion.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Monsanto Company in November 2010.

core java based interview in the first level. then all the hibernate and other framework stuffs

Research Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Monsanto Company.

A phone recruiter will call and prescreen you. If you pass that, you'll be scheduled for a 2-3 hour behavioral interview where they have several groups of people interview you on Monsanto's core compentencies.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to describe a time in which my customers or co-workers lost trust in me and the actions I took to try to rebuild that trust.   Answer Question

IT Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Monsanto Company in January 2009.

The hiring process seems to be fair. The interview process is a bit challenging, though, and typically you have to do at least one group interview.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do in [a particular type of scenario described by interviewer].   Answer Question
    I ended up having to take a $4,000 paycut.

Data Curation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Monsanto Company in April 2009.

Monsanto proudly seeks both the best available technical candidate as well as placing a major focus on the endowment of soft skills the candidate possesses.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a previous situation that you feel didn't turn out successfully   Answer Question
    Their HR is very skillful, the business has enough redundancy that they can easily walk away if the demands stretch their comfort.

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Monsanto Company in January 2011.

Pretty long interving round with usually 4 to 7 rounds

Interview Questions
    • Talk about a time when you had a disagrement with your manager and how did you go about telling him in a group setting   Answer Question
    • Talk about your top failure that you had in recent past   Answer Question
    I did not negociate

Human Resources Generalist Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Monsanto Company in January 2010.

This was one of the most toughest interviews that i would have attended.
    It really tested my grey cells and made me really think.
    It never felt like an interview but more like a friendly interaction with the set of people i met.
    Very friendly, accommodating and still giving me enough space to think and respond.
    Overall a great experience where i could really share my thoughts candidly and openly.

Interview Questions
    • How can i along with the organizaion contribute to the well being of society   Answer Question

Cost Analyst Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Monsanto Company in November 2008.

it is all panel interviews, all behavioral questions. It is a bit strange. No technical questions were asked.

Interview Questions
    i did not negotiate at all due to the situation that I wanted to get out of my previous job.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Woodland, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodland, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Monsanto Company.

Standard behavioral questions. ie. Describe a time when you didn't agree with your supervisor and how you handled it. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 10 years? Name an accomplishment you are proud of. What are your hobbies? Why are you/did you leave your last job? What is your worst quality?

Interview Questions
    No negotiations, take it or leave it.

Automation Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Waterman, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterman, IL

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Monsanto Company in January 2012.

My initial communitcations with the company Monsanto had been prior to this interview due to my past work experience with this specific company. However it was in a different field, both times were very reasonable. I am always prepared as far as working is conserned, but the company itself as well as its employees were very organized in their presentation. The interviews were very well put together and were used to eliminate those interviewing that weren't as strong as I was. I would reccomend that one be themselves because if that isn't achievable, the work place can be a lonesome place. I immediately fell in love with the employees and well as their work ethic. Everyone was extremely professional at all times which is how I conducted myself.

Interview Questions
    • We are all about safety in this business due to the amount and kind of work that is needed for a proper days work, what would you do if you were put in a certain situation. (the harder questions were situational)   Answer Question

Worked for Monsanto Company? Contribute to the Community!