Monsanto Company Interview Questions

Updated Sep 16, 2014
Updated Sep 16, 2014

3.1

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Monsanto Company in November 2010.

core java based interview in the first level. then all the hibernate and other framework stuffs

IT Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Monsanto Company in January 2009.

The hiring process seems to be fair. The interview process is a bit challenging, though, and typically you have to do at least one group interview.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do in [a particular type of scenario described by interviewer].   Answer Question
    I ended up having to take a $4,000 paycut.

Research Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Monsanto Company.

A phone recruiter will call and prescreen you. If you pass that, you'll be scheduled for a 2-3 hour behavioral interview where they have several groups of people interview you on Monsanto's core compentencies.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to describe a time in which my customers or co-workers lost trust in me and the actions I took to try to rebuild that trust.   Answer Question

Data Curation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Monsanto Company in April 2009.

Monsanto proudly seeks both the best available technical candidate as well as placing a major focus on the endowment of soft skills the candidate possesses.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a previous situation that you feel didn't turn out successfully   Answer Question
    Their HR is very skillful, the business has enough redundancy that they can easily walk away if the demands stretch their comfort.

Technical Writing Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Creve Coeur, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Creve Coeur, MO

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Monsanto Company in September 2013.

After the usual phone screens, they invited me to HQ for an on-site interview. They flew me in the day before, put me up in a nearby hotel, and took me to dinner. I was scheduled for an intensive daylong interview with 15 people, followed by a writing test.

Interview Questions
    • Like many Fortune 500 companies, Monsanto uses the behavioral interview based on the popular (but unproven) notion that past job behavior predicts future job behavior. So you'll need to spend hours in advance doing mock interviews to make sure you have all your canned corporate-approved B.S. answers ready for your interrogation by 15 panelists. There won't be any opportunity for professional discussion.   Answer Question

Trait Integration Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dadiangas (Philippines)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dadiangas (Philippines)

I applied online - interviewed at Monsanto Company in March 2009.

One on one interview with the Trait Integration Lead.

Interview Questions
    • Basic question on Genetics subject, Mendel's law of Segregation and Independent Assortment.   Answer Question
    The salary compensation. Be candid when answering questions.

Technical Writing Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Creve Coeur, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Creve Coeur, MO

They flew me out the night before the interview and put me up in a hotel. The interview began at 8 AM the next morning, and continued until 5 PM. I wanted to stay an extra night so I would have a day to check out the town just in case they hired me, but I had to pay for that on my own. They also do not pay for a rental car, so that was on me too.

During the interview, I met with 17 people (in groups of about three at a time) who asked me many questions about "a time when this happened, how you handled it, the results, and what you learned". Some of the same questions were asked a few times by different people. They provided breakfast lunch, and lots of snacks.

After 8 hours of interviewing, I was given a writing test, but I was brain-dead by then. The directions for the test were not very clear, and the interviewer did not want to answer my main question about the test, which was "What is the purpose of this document supposed to be?" So anyway, I flubbed that test. I didn't even finish it in the time given.

Interview Questions
    • The 45 minute writing test at the end of the 8-hour interview.   Answer Question

Statistical Modeler Interview

I applied online. The process took 7 months - interviewed at Monsanto Company.

Many interviews for the same position. Phone screen, phone interview, on-line interview, another phone talk, on-site interview. It took totally 7 months. They were friendly but frustrating months until they offer the job. Overall a good experience

Interview Questions
    • vague stat questions in general that without running stats, there is no way of knowing the best way to go. I think they were trying to understand my way of thinking.   Answer Question

I had accepted another position by the time they offered to me the job

Maintenance Area Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Luling, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Luling, LA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Monsanto Company.

Phone interview with some basic questions from HR in the HQ (St. Louis) followed by another phone interview with HR in Luling, LA. Face to face interview consisted of two panel interviews each 5-7 people and lunch. Interview questions are behavioral based.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Monsanto Company in July 2010.

I applied through online, after 5 days i got a call from recruiter and arranged phone interview on the next day. During phone interview she asked the basic questions, and some questions related to your resume. Then after two weeks the hiring manager called me and asked few more technical questions and he was satisfied with my answers. They invited me for personal interview and the interview consisted of a group/panel, they asked mostly behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

Worked for Monsanto Company? Contribute to the Community!