Monsanto Company

Updated Feb 23, 2015
Updated Feb 23, 2015

3.1

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Monsanto Company in November 2010.

core java based interview in the first level. then all the hibernate and other framework stuffs

Data Curation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Monsanto Company in April 2009.

Monsanto proudly seeks both the best available technical candidate as well as placing a major focus on the endowment of soft skills the candidate possesses.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a previous situation that you feel didn't turn out successfully   Answer Question
    Their HR is very skillful, the business has enough redundancy that they can easily walk away if the demands stretch their comfort.

IT Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Monsanto Company in January 2009.

The hiring process seems to be fair. The interview process is a bit challenging, though, and typically you have to do at least one group interview.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do in [a particular type of scenario described by interviewer].   Answer Question
    I ended up having to take a $4,000 paycut.

Technical Writing Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Creve Coeur, MO
    Anonymous Employee in Creve Coeur, MO

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Monsanto Company in September 2013.

After the usual phone screens, they invited me to HQ for an on-site interview. They flew me in the day before, put me up in a nearby hotel, and took me to dinner. I was scheduled for an intensive daylong interview with 15 people, followed by a writing test.

Interview Questions
    • Like many Fortune 500 companies, Monsanto uses the behavioral interview based on the popular (but unproven) notion that past job behavior predicts future job behavior. So you'll need to spend hours in advance doing mock interviews to make sure you have all your canned corporate-approved B.S. answers ready for your interrogation by 15 panelists. There won't be any opportunity for professional discussion.   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Monsanto Company.

A phone recruiter will call and prescreen you. If you pass that, you'll be scheduled for a 2-3 hour behavioral interview where they have several groups of people interview you on Monsanto's core compentencies.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to describe a time in which my customers or co-workers lost trust in me and the actions I took to try to rebuild that trust.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Monsanto Company.

They use the :behavior interview style. doesnt mean a thing as far as whether or not you can perform your job

Talent Management Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mexico, Distrito Federal (Mexico)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mexico, Distrito Federal (Mexico)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Monsanto Company in November 2013.

Contacted by Monsanto´s recruiter I went into a process integrated by 1:1 interviews, panel interviews, assessment center and a travel to headquarters in St Louis in order to hold all this steps. Prior to the process I visited the regional head quarters and had a very interesting conversation with the general manager in which I get to know better Monsanto and felt in love with the company, after that I really try hard to do my best in order to succeed and get hired by Monsanto.

Interview Questions
    • A panel session with senior talent management executives from the headquarters, a debate regarding how to support business strategy and the role of talent management when designing the workforce of the future   Answer Question
    The offer was quite competitive I didn't have to negotiate the essential, just some fine tunings such as; vacation days, career next steps, etc.

Operations Research Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Monsanto Company.

It was a phone interview for internship position. My first round was technical questions, followed by behavior questions the next day. The technical questions are in pretty wide range from integer programming algorithm to queueing networks. The HR and hire manager are both very nice and friendly. Hope I will be offered for this position.

Interview Questions
    • What's the initiative of getting ahead of your assignments?   Answer Question

Senior Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Monsanto Company in April 2011.

Phone screening first. Hope to get the person who normally does that and not someone filling in. I did fine when I talked to the normal person. I was rejected by a fillin the first time. In person interview follows. The second interview consisted of numerous specific, detailed Java technology questions followed by actually writing some code on a provided laptop while more than one interviewer watched and asked questions.

Interview Questions
    • Most unexpected was that my recruiter gave me a Java project to study and prepare with the night before. It was what the code was written against during the in person interview. Nobody ever gave me a whole project before.   View Answer

Trait Integration Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dadiangas (Philippines)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dadiangas (Philippines)

I applied online – interviewed at Monsanto Company in March 2009.

One on one interview with the Trait Integration Lead.

Interview Questions
    • Basic question on Genetics subject, Mendel's law of Segregation and Independent Assortment.   Answer Question
    The salary compensation. Be candid when answering questions.