Monsanto Company

Updated Nov 23, 2014
Updated Nov 23, 2014

3.1

Business Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Monsanto Company.

1 round on phone, they were very aggressive blasting me with questions.
    There were 4 people in total

Area Business Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Monsanto Company.

Panel interviews. All behavioral questions, Situation Task Action Result.

Interview Questions
    • Place former team in a box of Motivated vs. Skill. Then speak directly of each.   Answer Question

Operations Research Analyst Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Monsanto Company.

Three hiring member including a HR and two scientists ask questions in half an hour

Interview Questions
    • What is your dream? How it connected with your dream work   Answer Question

Field Research Assistant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Monsanto Company.

Received a phone call and set up a phone interview shortly after submitting my resume and cover letter.

Research Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Monsanto Company.

Email received from location of interview, followed shortly by interview of 8 individuals within company, shortly followed by corporate HR personnel questionnaire, subsequent job offer

Interview Questions
    • Provide an example of a time you made a mistake and what you did to rectify the mistake.   Answer Question

Research Scientist Interview

I first had a phone interview then an onsite interview. It was a very positive experience.

Interview Questions
    • There were many behavioral questions, which I was expecting but more technical questions than what I had prepared for.   Answer Question

IT Co-Op Interview

On Campus, All behavioral questions

Procurement Co-Op Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Monsanto Company.

I met with Monsanto recruiters through a University Career Fair. In my interview they were very friendly. They are trying to see the best in you and not the worse. As far as questions go, they were all the typical interview questions. All of them were behavioral questions. Tell a time when... Explain a time when...

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was "Name a time you failed to turn in a project in on time. What was the outcome and how did you go about the situation?"   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Went to career fair and talked to a rep there. He was decently friendly, difficult to read. I was given a follow up, but so were a ton of other people so that didn't really mean too much. I went and that went fine. I don't expect any more follow than that.

Biologist I Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Monsanto Company.

Applied online via a staffing agency. Had a panel interview with three senior scientists (my would be managers). They asked me questions about my former research projects. They really wanted me to elaborate on my skills. They all talked about their work and goals while I sat and listened. At times it was awkward and tense because my research was very different than theirs. The only behavioral questions were ones that related to working with others. Everyone has to get along and they really want people who are outgoing and easy to work with.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a different route you would have taken with your previous research. What is the organic name for colchicine.   Answer Question

I declined the offer because after the three hour interview I decided that I wasn't the best candidate, even though I was offered the job.