Monsanto Company Interview Questions

Updated Jul 12, 2015

Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Monsanto Company.

Interview

The interview process began with a phone interview with Human Resources. The Human Resources representative missed the first scheduled interview, sending a calendar invite to reschedule about half an hour after the interview should have started. Fifteen minutes after the intended start time of the rescheduled interview, I called the representative and was, again, rescheduled. Finally, on the third try, the interview actually happened. The phone interview lasted about an hour and a large portion of that time was me, essentially, reading the job description back to the HR representative to ensure that, yes, I had all the requisite skills and could do the duties expected of the individual in that position. There were also a couple of behavioral questions and questions about current salary/benefits and salary expectations. I received a very disgruntled response when I tried to opt out of the current salary question. Overall, it was fine but the rescheduling was quite inconvenient, and I know of multiple others who had the same issue with this particular HR representative.

Interview Questions

• Describe an accomplishment that your are most proud of.   1 Answer

Agronomy Research Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Monsanto Company (Saint Louis, MO) in August 2014.

Interview

I was flown to Headquarters in St. Louis where I was asked a handful of questions for approximately 3 hours. The interview was held at one of the off-site campuses. Monsanto handled my expense of traveling.

Interview Questions

• What was the most creative project you have worked on?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Monsanto Company in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online. A couple of days later, an HR representative sent me an email with seven questions to answer. Some of the questions were: Do you have a Master's Degree? If you have a Bachelor’s degree, do you have 5 years of progressive post-Bachelor's experience? Do you have prior experience managing teams? Do you now or will you in the future require employer sponsorship in order to work in the United States? These questions seemed to duplicate the application, but I answered them again. About 4 weeks later, the hiring manager emailed me to schedule an interview. A few days later, the manager sent a final email confirming the day and time of the interview. Monsanto's pledge values dialogue, sharing, respect, and transparency, just to name a few. The hiring manager didn't appear to practice these values during this interview.

Interview Questions

• Is your degree an online degree?   1 Answer
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you? Would you be willing to pay for relocation at YOUR expense?   1 Answer

Analytical Chemist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Creve Coeur, MO

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Monsanto Company (Creve Coeur, MO) in May 2014.

Interview

Contacted by Staffing agency, was promptly brought in for an interview. Sat with a panel of three and went over my resume. No behavioral-based questions at all. I was actually poached by a scientist sitting on my panel to come and work for his lab instead. I asked to be brought in for a second interview for the second position - they seemed very impressed by that. Entire process took about an hour. Was able to tour the lab and meet future coworkers at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate.

Research Seientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Monsanto Company (Saint Louis, MO) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied for a Research Scientist position online. 2 weeks after online application, I received a phone screening request from a HR recruiter by email. The phone screening took about 1 hr, asking questions about general background, research accomplishments and social behavior. Just like reviewing cover letter and CV. The questions was not difficult to answer. After a week, I received the result.

Interview Questions

• What was the most challenge you have faced in the relationship with your colleagues.   Answer Question

Senior Financial Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Monsanto Company (Saint Louis, MO) in April 2013.

Interview

Online application, call from HR to verify you have the correct experience for this jon. Next step is a Panel interview with 3-4 people .main are Behavior interview questions lasting around 1 hour. Offer can be expected within a week or two.

Interview Questions

• Examples of different type of situations where you had to make a decision or work with a difficult person.   Answer Question

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ankeny, IA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Monsanto Company (Ankeny, IA) in June 2015.

Interview

The skills required on the application were entry level, but the interviewer seemed to think a higher level of machine knowledge was required. No behavioral based questions were asked, only skill based questions. The interviewer didn't seem interested from before the interview began; which made the rest of the interview feel bad. I toured the lab areas and they were nice.

Regulatory Affairs Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mexico City (Mexico)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Monsanto Company (Mexico City (Mexico)) in June 2014.

Interview

Very long, it took 3+ months. Interviewer did not show much interest. I was never given the address in order to arrive to the interview. Communication with HR was poor. I had a couple of questions regarding the job and the department and the interviewer was not able to answer. The second interview felt like it was not planned.

Interview Questions

• Education, experience, qualifications, personality, etc.   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Monsanto Company (Saint Louis, MO) in October 2014.

Interview

Ameren likes to use the behavioral question model. They will send you a sample list of questions in order to prepare ahead of time. The interview process is usually with 3-4 interviewers and they ask questions in a round robin fashion, giving you a few minutes after each question to formulate your answer. Then they will ask expounding questions if necessary.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had to give a customer some bad news?   Answer Question

Seasonal Employee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huxley, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Monsanto Company (Huxley, IA) in April 2015.

Interview

Very basic and laidback. They read my resume, told me about the seasonal work, and offered me the job! Didn't have to answer any questions other than, "Are you comfortable with this? Does this sound like something you might be interested in?" I wish all interviews were like this one!

Interview Questions

• Just asked if I felt comfortable with the position and what it entailed.   Answer Question