Monsanto Company Interview Questions

Updated Jul 1, 2015

Analytical Chemist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Creve Coeur, MO

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Monsanto Company (Creve Coeur, MO) in May 2014.

Interview

Contacted by Staffing agency, was promptly brought in for an interview. Sat with a panel of three and went over my resume. No behavioral-based questions at all. I was actually poached by a scientist sitting on my panel to come and work for his lab instead. I asked to be brought in for a second interview for the second position - they seemed very impressed by that. Entire process took about an hour. Was able to tour the lab and meet future coworkers at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate.

Research Seientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Monsanto Company (Saint Louis, MO) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied for a Research Scientist position online. 2 weeks after online application, I received a phone screening request from a HR recruiter by email. The phone screening took about 1 hr, asking questions about general background, research accomplishments and social behavior. Just like reviewing cover letter and CV. The questions was not difficult to answer. After a week, I received the result.

Interview Questions

• What was the most challenge you have faced in the relationship with your colleagues.   Answer Question

Senior Financial Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Monsanto Company (Saint Louis, MO) in April 2013.

Interview

Online application, call from HR to verify you have the correct experience for this jon. Next step is a Panel interview with 3-4 people .main are Behavior interview questions lasting around 1 hour. Offer can be expected within a week or two.

Interview Questions

• Examples of different type of situations where you had to make a decision or work with a difficult person.   Answer Question

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ankeny, IA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Monsanto Company (Ankeny, IA) in June 2015.

Interview

The skills required on the application were entry level, but the interviewer seemed to think a higher level of machine knowledge was required. No behavioral based questions were asked, only skill based questions. The interviewer didn't seem interested from before the interview began; which made the rest of the interview feel bad. I toured the lab areas and they were nice.

Regulatory Affairs Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mexico City (Mexico)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Monsanto Company (Mexico City (Mexico)) in June 2014.

Interview

Very long, it took 3+ months. Interviewer did not show much interest. I was never given the address in order to arrive to the interview. Communication with HR was poor. I had a couple of questions regarding the job and the department and the interviewer was not able to answer. The second interview felt like it was not planned.

Interview Questions

• Education, experience, qualifications, personality, etc.   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Monsanto Company (Saint Louis, MO) in October 2014.

Interview

Ameren likes to use the behavioral question model. They will send you a sample list of questions in order to prepare ahead of time. The interview process is usually with 3-4 interviewers and they ask questions in a round robin fashion, giving you a few minutes after each question to formulate your answer. Then they will ask expounding questions if necessary.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had to give a customer some bad news?   Answer Question

Seasonal Employee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huxley, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Monsanto Company (Huxley, IA) in April 2015.

Interview

Very basic and laidback. They read my resume, told me about the seasonal work, and offered me the job! Didn't have to answer any questions other than, "Are you comfortable with this? Does this sound like something you might be interested in?" I wish all interviews were like this one!

Interview Questions

• Just asked if I felt comfortable with the position and what it entailed.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Monsanto Company in February 2015.

Interview

It was a phone interview with the hiring manager and recruiter I met in person on campus. The call lasted about 30 min. The questions were general behavioral questions. It was a bit hard to understand the interviewer at first, but it got better through the interview. They asked a series of questions and at the end of the interview they wanted to know if I had any questions for them.

Interview Questions

• Tell us an experience you had where you failed and what did you do to overcome it?   Answer Question

Lab Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Iowa City, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Monsanto Company (Iowa City, IA) in May 2015.

Interview

It was skill based and behavioral based, although they only asked me two questions. I really did not answer the two questions well, so that is probably why the interview was only two questions. They also told me about the shifts and how they are swinging shifts so I would work a regular week, a night week, a mid day week, then a late day week. I said that seemed "very diverse" then it ended and they never contacted me again.

Interview Questions

• What are some of the instruments you have used along with the software?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you had to probe a client further to reach what they wanted?   1 Answer

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Muscatine, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Monsanto Company (Muscatine, IA) in February 2015.

Interview

Fairly standard candidate screening process. The initial 30-minute phone screen is conducted by a HR rep to clarify your interest in the position and gives you a chance to ask questions about the position. The second phone interview was conducted by a process engineer who asked a set of personality questions, and also offered some more detailed information about the position. I was then invited for an on-site interview in Muscatine, Iowa. Three groups of three interviewers rotated and asked a lengthy series of behavioral questions (i.e. STAR format). Curiously, all of the interviewers involved held engineering jobs but asked no technical questions. After interviews were over, a tour of the facility was given. About two months after the on-site interview, I was informed that they had chosen another candidate.

Interview Questions

• Hypothetical situation: what would you do if your boss consistently took the credit for work that you did without ever crediting you?   Answer Question