Monsanto Company

128 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Monsanto Company.

Interview Details – I am still in the process of being interviewed. The two interviewers asked questions from a script. They did deviate from the script whenever they showed interest in the initial answer. Extremely friendly -- I could see the teamwork between the two. It was actually the best demonstration of using scripted questions as guidelines, rather than automated call-and-response. The questions clearly prescribed to the saying that past performance is predictive of future behavior -- they were all "Tell me about a time when..."

Interview Question – Since they all pointed to past performance, they were relatively easy and predictable.   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Research Associate

I applied in-person and interviewed at Monsanto Company.

Interview Details – Saw ad in paper. Stopped in and got interviewed right away. Manager and office staff very nice. Called a few days later to offer me the job.

Interview Question – Wasn't any hard questions or unexpected ones.   Answer Question

Entomology Lab Technician/Fiend Crew Intern Interview

Entomology Lab Technician/Fiend Crew Intern

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Monsanto Company.

Interview Details – I found this position through the NIU biology advisor. I sent the contact person at Monsanto an email and we set up an interview no problem. The interview process was very casual, they did not need to be impressed. They just needed to know you were willing to work out in a corn field all summer and travel often.

Interview Question – There really were no difficult questions, some were behavioral but nothing that you could answer wrong IMO. If you're going for an internship… you've pretty much got it in the bag if they think you're willing to work hard in a field and are willing to travel and eat fast food all the time.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non-negotiable.

Biologist I Interview

Biologist I

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Monsanto Company.

Interview Details – Applied online via a staffing agency. Had a panel interview with three senior scientists (my would be managers). They asked me questions about my former research projects. They really wanted me to elaborate on my skills. They all talked about their work and goals while I sat and listened. At times it was awkward and tense because my research was very different than theirs. The only behavioral questions were ones that related to working with others. Everyone has to get along and they really want people who are outgoing and easy to work with.

Interview Question – Describe a different route you would have taken with your previous research. What is the organic name for colchicine.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I declined the offer because after the three hour interview I decided that I wasn't the best candidate, even though I was offered the job.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant
Saint Louis, MO

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Monsanto Company in November 2012.

Interview Details – I filled out an online application for several administrative assistant position. I received a call for the last one that I applied for. The overall interview process was okay. They perform a panel type interview and do expect to be there for several hours.

Interview Question – The type of interview is behavioral questions. You must be prepared to sell yourself. The interview is also very long (a couple hours). If your not swift on your feet practice, practice, practice!   Answer Question

IT Coop Interview

IT Coop
Saint Louis, MO

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Monsanto Company in October 2013.

Interview Details – Behavoural interview

Interview Question – Tell me a time you missed a deadline?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

IT Co-Op Interview

IT Co-Op

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Monsanto Company.

Interview Details – The entire interview process was of two rounds,and as i was of out of Missouri state candidate ,so both were web conferencing with a panel of two people (different team leads from iT,product etc). They communicated in time but the entire process takes a lot of time. got my first interview call in september and final interview in november. overall a very positive experience as they are very helpful and want you to succeed.

Interview Question – All are behavioral questions :around 5 of them in a 20 min interview.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

Interviewed at Monsanto Company

Interview Details – Went to career fair and talked to a rep there. He was decently friendly, difficult to read. I was given a follow up, but so were a ton of other people so that didn't really mean too much. I went and that went fine. I don't expect any more follow than that.

Interview Question – Told me to sell him a water bottle.   Answer Question

IT Co-Op Interview

IT Co-Op

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Monsanto Company in October 2013.

Interview Details – Took a week to review my resume and arranged an interview the other day. Phone interview with 1 recruiter and 2 IT team members. All behavior questions. Not so hard. Introduce myself and ask about something on my resume.

Interview Question – Describe a situation you have to sit back in the project.   Answer Question

Procurement Co-Op Interview

Procurement Co-Op

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Monsanto Company.

Interview Details – I met with Monsanto recruiters through a University Career Fair. In my interview they were very friendly. They are trying to see the best in you and not the worse. As far as questions go, they were all the typical interview questions. All of them were behavioral questions. Tell a time when... Explain a time when...

Interview Question – The most difficult question was "Name a time you failed to turn in a project in on time. What was the outcome and how did you go about the situation?"   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Monsanto Company