Monsanto Company

3.1

Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Creve Coeur, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Creve Coeur, MO

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Monsanto Company in May 2014.

HR stated I had to "pre-interview" with manager before putting an online application. Had heard from others they do not want people applying on-line because it would show how favored certain groups were at the company.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were standard behavioral questions. I met all the posted standards for the position and was told I did a great job in the interview. Job went to a younger candidate with little or no experience in the area, a highly technical field. When I asked, they stated it was because he had field experience, even though this was not on the qualifications list. This is typical for Monsanto interviews.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Monsanto Company.

They use the :behavior interview style. doesnt mean a thing as far as whether or not you can perform your job

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Monsanto Company.

The Interview process was straight forward. I meet company HR at my university round table and was invited to interview the next day.

Interview Questions
    • How did I react when something I had done on a project that resulted in the project or work not working?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

interviewed at campus. Ask some questions about my resume and my previous projects.

Statistical Modeler Interview

I applied online. The process took 7+ monthsinterviewed at Monsanto Company.

Many interviews for the same position. Phone screen, phone interview, on-line interview, another phone talk, on-site interview. It took totally 7 months. They were friendly but frustrating months until they offer the job. Overall a good experience

Interview Questions
    • vague stat questions in general that without running stats, there is no way of knowing the best way to go. I think they were trying to understand my way of thinking.   Answer Question

I had accepted another position by the time they offered to me the job

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Soda Springs, ID
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Soda Springs, ID

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Monsanto Company in March 2014.

I had two phone interviews the first was with an HR person just to ask a few basic screening questions. The second was a technical phone interview with a rep from the company. Then I had an onsite interview, they reimbursed me for travel expenses, consisted of a tour and several one on one interviews.

Interview Questions
    • When was a time that you have faced conflict on a project and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Maintenance Area Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Luling, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Luling, LA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Monsanto Company.

Phone interview with some basic questions from HR in the HQ (St. Louis) followed by another phone interview with HR in Luling, LA. Face to face interview consisted of two panel interviews each 5-7 people and lunch. Interview questions are behavioral based.

Seed Production Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Monsanto Company.

Met at a University career fair and talked with a rep there. He was very friendly and easy to hold a conversation with, although there was a girl there too who was less so. I was offered an interview the next day, which was set up by a phone call later in the afternoon after meeting the first time. As an intern, the interview was mostly behavioral, and most of the questions were fairly typical.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you made a mistake or let someone down.
      When was a time that you were a leader?
      What makes you want to do (insert career path here)?

Answer Question

IT Co-Op Interview

Started with an face to face 30 minute interview with a university recruiter on campus. Then got invited to their blitz event in their corporate headquarters. There, I was interviewed by 5 people in one room.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult or unexpected. The questions were merely variations of standard interview questions.   Answer Question

Procurement Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Monsanto Company.

Handed resume in career fair, then got contacted by recruiter. She did on-campus first round interview with me, all the questions were behavior based questions.