Monsanto Company

3.2

44 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Monsanto Company.

not a fair process. some people move around very often but never gone through the process but others have to go through all the process/steps ended up wasting your time any way.

Interview Questions
    • behavior based questions are very difficult to answer and some just a question.   Answer Question

Imaging Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Monsanto Company in September 2014.

It took more than 2 months to get a call from monsanto. The person who interviewed me was a scientist at Monsanto. Very polite and very simple questions. I didn't get offer but overall I had a very good experience from my interview prospective. More over he had lot of knowledge in his field.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was unexpected. They were mostly concentrated on my research.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Monsanto Company.

They use the :behavior interview style. doesnt mean a thing as far as whether or not you can perform your job

IT Coop Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Monsanto Company in October 2013.

Behavoural interview

No negotiation

Manufacturing Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Monsanto Company in September 2013.

After attending a career fair at my university, a Monsanto rep called me back that night, asking if I could interview the next morning. At the career fair, I had talked to a prior intern for the company, but not the company rep himself. Because of this, there was a misunderstanding as to what position I was applying for. (He wanted a Manufacturing Intern, but I was going for a research position.)

The interviewer was kind, and definitely helped make me feel relaxed during the interview. He even asked if this was my first interview, and gave me tips for the future. However, because of the misunderstanding with the position, he told me the most he could do was forward my resume to their R&D department.

Interview Questions
    • How well do you work in group environments? Tell me about a time when you had a conflict with a coworker; and how it was resolved.   Answer Question

Research Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online – interviewed at Monsanto Company.

I thought that the person who interviewed me was unprofessional. He didn't seem as though he normally handled interviews and he didn't ask me much. He gave me a brief tour and talked with me for about 10 minutes.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Monsanto Company.

One on campus interview. Mostly general questions and about location.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Monsanto Company in November 2012.

I filled out an online application for several administrative assistant position. I received a call for the last one that I applied for. The overall interview process was okay. They perform a panel type interview and do expect to be there for several hours.

Interview Questions
    • The type of interview is behavioral questions. You must be prepared to sell yourself. The interview is also very long (a couple hours). If your not swift on your feet practice, practice, practice!   Answer Question

Telecommunications Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Monsanto Company in November 2012.

They go through the process of a phone interview, and then will bring you in for a face to face interview. Be prepared for a wide array of technical questions, and general questions about customer satisfaction and how you would handle situations.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a coworker who slacks off and doesn't do any of their work?   Answer Question
    I was with a contract company, so there was no negotiation. You got the rate that they wanted you at.

QA/TESTING Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Monsanto Company in May 2012.

Phone interviews were fine. Admin that set up the onsite interview schedule was not there to meet me (drove to St Louis night before); that was quite unprofessional but these things happen. Once the process was under way, it was two panel interviews and one interview with the org lead.

Second onsite interview was interesting. I was asked to walk to another building on campus which meant I needed to cross over the express way via an overpass. Most of the journey was me walking along the road as there were not side walks. Odd. Once the interviews got underway, i spent more time with the folks who had interviewed me prior plus some new folks. My takeaway? There was more interest in knowing how to run a testing team as my sense of it was, no one there really knows how to do it successfully. I wanted to share my experiences but not be pumped for information so they could essentially pick up tools of the trade and offer the position to a local cheaper resource. It's possible I was too vague at times but I started seeing a pattern and determine I was no longer interested but since I was in St Louis I decided to finish up the interview and go to Six Flags.

Interview Questions
    • No question was difficult. But from the tenor of the questions clearly there is tension between US IT and development. Plus the org lead was not forthcoming to me when I asked if they have been having struggles with testing (the other folks I interviewed with had already stated they have been having trouble pushing out good product).   Answer Question