Monsanto Company Interview Questions in Saint Louis, MO

3.3

42 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Business Objects Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Monsanto Company in February 2010.

I was hired as a contractor, supposed to be 12 months contract to hire. My contracting agency found the job, called me, asked if they could submit me. I said yes. A phone interview was set up within the week with the appropriate folks at Monsanto. I got the call on time and was interviewed by another person on my future team and the team manager. The phone interview lasted about an hour and was technical in nature. I nailed it as I have many years of experience in my field. The recruiter had told me that a face to face would happen if they liked what I said on the phone, and this, prior to my phone interview. The recruiter called me about a half hour after the phone interview. I was expecting to be asked how it went and maybe, just maybe, that they wanted the face to face. Instead, I was told they wanted me and she delivered the offer. I KNEW I nailed the interview. This happened on a Tuesday. I started work the following Monday. I was never hired as an employee after the 12 months. I spent 26 months there as a contractor. Work was very heavy, many meetings, and I saw many competent, even outstanding, very talented contractors leave because the 12 month contract to hire was never honored.

I have to say this about Monsanto though: There are very many competent, bright, and outstanding people that work there. People who can't work, do not want to work or incompetent do not last long. I was pushed to the very limit, and then some, with my skillset. Monsanto has the money and buys what it necessary for you to do your job and push the very limits of technology. They are not some broke company that you have to fight for SQL Plus on your PC! Monsanto will run you ragged sometimes, but the experience and connections I made there was SO WORTH it!!

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember, but I do remember thinking at the time that nothing was difficult. Just be honest. If you are not a good fit for them, move on, and find another company. Monsanto values honesty and the "if you don't know it, you will learn it and not be afraid attitude".   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate for a $2K per year raise. Nothing is set in stone, even though I went through a contracting agency. I was C2C.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Monsanto Company.

They use the :behavior interview style. doesnt mean a thing as far as whether or not you can perform your job

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Monsanto Company in April 2011.

Process too 2-3 weeks. First phone HR interview then a panel of 3 managers all finance.

Interview Questions
    • no unexpected questions, only behavioral questions. "Can you tell me about a time you have to work with a difficult colleague, Can you tell me about a time you were given a project and you did not understand what is expected from you ...."   Answer Question

Patent Scientist/Patent Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Monsanto Company in July 2011.

Overall, the process was very slow, even with someone on the inside who was promoting me. They used "behavioral interview" questioning, which was easy to prepare for thoroughly, as those questions are commonly used and widely available on the internet.

Interview Questions
    • Because I had seen and prepared for most all of the questions, none of them felt very difficult and none were unexpected.   Answer Question
    they are unwilling to give signing bonuses, and did not move much on salary. They only bumped me up from their initial offer when they discovered the original offer was a couple of thousand less than one of the people I came in to manage. However, vacation is absolutely negotiable (if you do things right, you can negotiate for four weeks right off the block - this is the maximum amount of time they give anyone, but if you are performing well, they are very generous with comp time.

Manufacturing Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Monsanto Company in September 2013.

After attending a career fair at my university, a Monsanto rep called me back that night, asking if I could interview the next morning. At the career fair, I had talked to a prior intern for the company, but not the company rep himself. Because of this, there was a misunderstanding as to what position I was applying for. (He wanted a Manufacturing Intern, but I was going for a research position.)

The interviewer was kind, and definitely helped make me feel relaxed during the interview. He even asked if this was my first interview, and gave me tips for the future. However, because of the misunderstanding with the position, he told me the most he could do was forward my resume to their R&D department.

Interview Questions
    • How well do you work in group environments? Tell me about a time when you had a conflict with a coworker; and how it was resolved.   Answer Question

Telecommunications Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Monsanto Company in November 2012.

They go through the process of a phone interview, and then will bring you in for a face to face interview. Be prepared for a wide array of technical questions, and general questions about customer satisfaction and how you would handle situations.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a coworker who slacks off and doesn't do any of their work?   Answer Question
    I was with a contract company, so there was no negotiation. You got the rate that they wanted you at.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Monsanto Company in November 2012.

I filled out an online application for several administrative assistant position. I received a call for the last one that I applied for. The overall interview process was okay. They perform a panel type interview and do expect to be there for several hours.

Interview Questions
    • The type of interview is behavioral questions. You must be prepared to sell yourself. The interview is also very long (a couple hours). If your not swift on your feet practice, practice, practice!   Answer Question

IT Coop Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Monsanto Company in October 2013.

Behavoural interview

No negotiation

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Monsanto Company in October 2010.

Monsanto paid for travel to the St. Louis location through an 1890 Land Grant program with colleges. The process went very well and I was notified of the type of interview before I.

Interview Questions
    • It was a behavioral interview so every question can be challenging if you are not prepared to sell your talents through stories of success and experience. Just make sure you show honesty and detail the positives of your past experiences.   Answer Question

Senior International Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Monsanto Company in November 2009.

Behavioral interview with a panel of 5 managers

Interview Questions
    • Have to make sure not to get lost in the answer when explaining examples.   Answer Question

Worked for Monsanto Company? Contribute to the Community!