Monsanto Company Interview Questions in St. Louis, MO

3.3

47 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Fixed Asset Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Creve Coeur, MO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Monsanto Company.

Two rounds of interview - 1 HR round on telephone and 1 with line manager in person. HR interview was very basic. The round with line manager had technical accounting questions

Interview Questions
    The negotiation was not required as the benefits more than made up for the salary.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Monsanto Company.

They use the :behavior interview style. doesnt mean a thing as far as whether or not you can perform your job

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Monsanto Company in April 2011.

Process too 2-3 weeks. First phone HR interview then a panel of 3 managers all finance.

Interview Questions
    • no unexpected questions, only behavioral questions. "Can you tell me about a time you have to work with a difficult colleague, Can you tell me about a time you were given a project and you did not understand what is expected from you ...."   Answer Question

Patent Scientist/Patent Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Monsanto Company in July 2011.

Overall, the process was very slow, even with someone on the inside who was promoting me. They used "behavioral interview" questioning, which was easy to prepare for thoroughly, as those questions are commonly used and widely available on the internet.

Interview Questions
    • Because I had seen and prepared for most all of the questions, none of them felt very difficult and none were unexpected.   Answer Question
    they are unwilling to give signing bonuses, and did not move much on salary. They only bumped me up from their initial offer when they discovered the original offer was a couple of thousand less than one of the people I came in to manage. However, vacation is absolutely negotiable (if you do things right, you can negotiate for four weeks right off the block - this is the maximum amount of time they give anyone, but if you are performing well, they are very generous with comp time.

Manufacturing Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Monsanto Company in September 2013.

After attending a career fair at my university, a Monsanto rep called me back that night, asking if I could interview the next morning. At the career fair, I had talked to a prior intern for the company, but not the company rep himself. Because of this, there was a misunderstanding as to what position I was applying for. (He wanted a Manufacturing Intern, but I was going for a research position.)

The interviewer was kind, and definitely helped make me feel relaxed during the interview. He even asked if this was my first interview, and gave me tips for the future. However, because of the misunderstanding with the position, he told me the most he could do was forward my resume to their R&D department.

Interview Questions
    • How well do you work in group environments? Tell me about a time when you had a conflict with a coworker; and how it was resolved.   Answer Question

Telecommunications Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Monsanto Company in November 2012.

They go through the process of a phone interview, and then will bring you in for a face to face interview. Be prepared for a wide array of technical questions, and general questions about customer satisfaction and how you would handle situations.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a coworker who slacks off and doesn't do any of their work?   Answer Question
    I was with a contract company, so there was no negotiation. You got the rate that they wanted you at.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Monsanto Company in November 2012.

I filled out an online application for several administrative assistant position. I received a call for the last one that I applied for. The overall interview process was okay. They perform a panel type interview and do expect to be there for several hours.

Interview Questions
    • The type of interview is behavioral questions. You must be prepared to sell yourself. The interview is also very long (a couple hours). If your not swift on your feet practice, practice, practice!   Answer Question

IT Coop Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Monsanto Company in October 2013.

Behavoural interview

No negotiation

Technical Writing Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Creve Coeur, MO

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Monsanto Company in September 2013.

After the usual phone screens, they invited me to HQ for an on-site interview. They flew me in the day before, put me up in a nearby hotel, and took me to dinner. I was scheduled for an intensive daylong interview with 15 people, followed by a writing test.

Interview Questions
    • Like many Fortune 500 companies, Monsanto uses the behavioral interview based on the popular (but unproven) notion that past job behavior predicts future job behavior. So you'll need to spend hours in advance doing mock interviews to make sure you have all your canned corporate-approved B.S. answers ready for your interrogation by 15 panelists. There won't be any opportunity for professional discussion.   Answer Question

Technical Writing Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Creve Coeur, MO

They flew me out the night before the interview and put me up in a hotel. The interview began at 8 AM the next morning, and continued until 5 PM. I wanted to stay an extra night so I would have a day to check out the town just in case they hired me, but I had to pay for that on my own. They also do not pay for a rental car, so that was on me too.

During the interview, I met with 17 people (in groups of about three at a time) who asked me many questions about "a time when this happened, how you handled it, the results, and what you learned". Some of the same questions were asked a few times by different people. They provided breakfast lunch, and lots of snacks.

After 8 hours of interviewing, I was given a writing test, but I was brain-dead by then. The directions for the test were not very clear, and the interviewer did not want to answer my main question about the test, which was "What is the purpose of this document supposed to be?" So anyway, I flubbed that test. I didn't even finish it in the time given.

Interview Questions
    • The 45 minute writing test at the end of the 8-hour interview.   Answer Question

Worked for Monsanto Company? Contribute to the Community!