Monster Inc

Relevance Date Difficulty

Product Area Manager Interview

Product Area Manager
Brisbane, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Monster Inc.

Interview Details – 7 interviews. HR Phone, at Air Ports (SFO, Vegas and LAX). Depends where and when Noel can meet you.
Also at HQ in Brisbane or CES or Hillisboro, or Taxi to airport. You get a flavor for what they mean by being on call 24/7 for questions, comments or just plain chit chat on what they think is cool.

Interview Question – Can you work 24/7.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You can ask for more.

Marketing Manager Interview

Marketing Manager

Interviewed at Monster Inc

Interview Details – Phone Interview and on site two hours interview.

Interview Question – No difficult question. Only questions about you and your experience.   Answer Question

Telesales Interview

Telesales
Indianapolis, IN

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Monster Inc in April 2013.

Interview Details – Phone interview, then face to face with Regional and District Manager

Interview Question – Why do you want to leave your company? How do you handle rejection?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – 2-3 turnaround from start to finish

Analyst Interview

Analyst

Interviewed at Monster Inc

Interview Details – The interview manager kept yawning through out the interviewing process. The manager didn't have any questions to ask. The interview was cut shot because the manager were not able to stay alert. This is the most unprofessional interview I have ever experienced. Please do your diligent and research about this company before applying or accepting the job. Read the reviews on here or Google on how the company is doing financially.

Interview Question – Do your research about the company before applying. They likely will waste your time.   Answer Question

Sell Through Trainer Interview

Sell Through Trainer

Interviewed at Monster Inc

Interview Details – Was rescheduled several times for a Skype interview and once the interview took place the person was distracted with answering several phone calls.

Interview Question – Had to send in a video of me training on an area of my expertise. The interviewer told me he did not even watch it.   Answer Question

Ecommerce Coordinator Interview

Ecommerce Coordinator

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Monster Inc.

Interview Details – Very fast and communicative. Recieved an offer within a week. They allowed me as much time as needed to give me notice and start.

Interview Question – Job / talent related question. Not brain teasers here.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Fairly simple. Recruiter was middle-man so took some time, but negotiations were solved within a matter of days.

Marketing Interview

Marketing
Brisbane, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Monster Inc.

Interview Details – I had phone interviews with the recruiter and head of HR/Facilities. During both it was a bit apparent that they were upset by the CEO and hated their jobs, but I still gave them a shot to change my mind in a in-person interview.

I arrived to building that looked like it was built in 1979, the inside was reminiscent of a autobody shop with a black carpet with their name, black pleather couches and a receptionist who had seen better days. I sat in a room for 40 minutes waiting on my first person while they looked for her. When she showed up 37 minutes late, she didn't have my resume nor did she know what I was there for. She mentioned a significantly junior position and I mentioned I wouldn't be interested if that were the case. As I spoke with her it became apparent that they were stuck in 1979 in how they worked, viewed things and she didn't know what a tweet was. It was tanking fast!

After, I spoke to the head of HR who had also been there for 15+ years. Not much came from that either.

Upon leaving, I was so disinterested based on the way they treat people, their disorganization and mainly the fact they are trying to create hip and premium products with these people in this building. It was DEFINITELY not a place for anyone who is progressive, smart and innovative because I didn't see a single ounce of that here. The company is on a downward spiral and is very apparent why...

Interview Question – What is a id tag on our website?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Marketing
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Monster Inc in January 2012.

Interview Details – Multiple interviews with various team members, HR and senior management.

Interview Questions

Accounting Interview

Accounting
Brisbane, CA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Monster Inc in March 2011.

Interview Details – very very long and tidios, some of those that interviewed me do not understand basic accounting .. .waste of time !

Interview Question – tell me about yourself   View Answer

Reason for Declining – it's a very confused company, I am surprised they are in business ...

Product Management Interview

Product Management
Brisbane, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Monster Inc in October 2009.

Interview Details – Understand the position and the business you are applying to.

Main question: what can you do for me(the business) in this position

The recruiter was extremely helpful and shared many points about the company and its benefits that are above and beyond the basics

Interview Questions

• What can you do for the business   Answer Question
  • explain your experiences and how they relate to this position (specific to your role) that you are applying for in the business   Answer Question

Worked for Monster Inc? Contribute to the Community!