Monster Worldwide

Monster Worldwide Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brno (Czech Republic)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brno (Czech Republic)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Monster Worldwide in August 2011.

well, the interview process was long, something I wasn´t used to in our region (Slovak, Czech Republic).
First, after I sent my CV, the HR called me if I am still interested and if I want to go through the whole process. And we agreed on a call where she will speak to me in english, because english is a "communication langugage" as there are nations from all over the world (ok, maybe not the WHOLE world, but still :-D).

When this call was finished, she told me right away I did great and that the second step is going to be a second call from a language teacher in german (I was supposed to work in the german team). We agreed on a date and time - one or two days later.

After this call I had another one on the next day with this HR, that I did well and that I will have another one telephone interview - with a native speaker from Austria, who works for Monster.

After that call the HR called me again the next day, told me I did great (so she said) and that the next step (are you starting to have enough? I had too by the way :-D) is going to be a online german grammar test from a language school - in german.

I got the link into my mailbox, had 60 minutes to make the test, made it in about 25 and on the next day the HR called again.

She said I did great at all steps of the hiring process and if I am willing to come to Brno, Czech Republic to have a personal interview. Of course I was.

Few days later I went to monster. I met my future manager and had an interview with - which I didn´t know then of course - my future colleague and a teamleader. A "normal" hiring interview.

I went home and after I don´t really know how many days (it could be the next one, I am really not sure anymore) I had a phone call from the HR person again that they would really like to hire me. And if I am still willing to work for monster, I will be in training for the first month etc.

And that´s it. It´s not always fun, it´s not always easy, but honestly what is? :-)

Interview Questions
  • well, I don´t remember any too difficult or unexpected question, for me the whole process was totally unexpected :-)
    a little "funny" for me was as the two future colleagues during the personal interview wanted me to make a "test call" - to play that I am the CSR and they are the client. They gave me a peace of paper with the client´s "issue". Well, after I found out that I have been given whole 10 minutes to think about how to explain to somebody the questions "I created a Word document, how can I save it, how can I name it, how will I find it after saving and closing" I wondered what am I gonna do for 9,5 minutes :-)))

View Answer
well, if you know what you can offer, show it. Sometimes people see it from the first moment, sometimes not. And always - not only in monster - the quality of your CV is your first way to get the HR to call you :-)