Monster Worldwide Interview Questions

Updated Dec 10, 2014
Updated Dec 10, 2014

2.9

Account Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Monster Worldwide.

Pretty simple, was referred in, phone interview with recruiter, 1:1 interview with manager. Everything went very quickly after that, background check, application online, negotiation and that was that. Overall it was pleasant experience and not daunting whatsoever. If you know what you are doing you can easily make a good impression. Just be aware that when you start and are in the field your on your own and the learning curve is a bit longer than other companies they compete with.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Weston, MO
    Anonymous Employee in Weston, MO

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Monster Worldwide.

Interview Process:

1) A Sourcing Specialist conducted a brief phone interview with me, which was pleasant and informative.
    2) I was invited in for four, 30 minute interviews. These consisted of two interviews with recruiting managers, an interview with a member of the HR team and another with a senior leader on the HR team. All of the folks that I met with were skilled interviewers, very pleasant to speak with, and clearly passionate about supporting their companies key business managers.
    3) I was invited in for a final round of interviews, to meet with two senior leaders on the technology team and the recruiting manager for the product and technology team (i.e. "hiring manager"). When I arrived for these interviews, I was notified that the hiring manager wasn't there, so I sat down with 3 of the recruiting team members in his stead. The technology folks that I met with were fantastic!

Comments on the Experience: Monster has done a lot of work to turn their brand around in recent years, and it was energizing to see that they are working really hard to build out their offerings.

As a recruiting professional, it was very disappointing that the hiring manager did not respond with a quick note to acknowledge my follow up "thank you" emails, nor to acknowledge that he missed our final interview. I completely understand the demands of managing a recruitment function and juggling multiple priorities, but if, as a recruiting manager, you can't get the "candidate experience" piece right, something is wrong.

Four days after my final interview I was finally notified by the staffing agency that they selected another candidate. The hours that I spent interviewing with Monster were very positive experiences, but the lack of direct communication from the individual that I would have reported to ended up souring the entire experience for me.

Interview Questions
    • Our corporate recruiting team cannot directly utilize our competitors (Careerbuilder, Linkedin, etc.) services for job posting or sourcing. How would you find candidates?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ
    Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

I applied online – interviewed at Monster Worldwide in September 2014.

I received a few emails requesting a phone interview. I spoke with a recruiter for about 45 minutes. Beyond that he said he needed to share our conversation and my answers with the hiring managers for the next step and would be in touch with me either way within 1-2 days. That was over 2 weeks ago now and I still haven't heard anything from him after 3 follow up attempts on my end. As a professional, I expect to be treated as such and shown the respect of an answer either way. Leaving a potential candidate hanging shows a real lack of appreciation for their time. I personally sent him a follow up thank you email the same day as our interview and subsequent phone follow up 1 week later.... still, no response.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult, typical interview questions for the position.   Answer Question

Salesforce Developer Interview

Well, I had three interviews. The first was a HR interview where I explained my status and what was I interested in working as. The second was a general interview where they interviewed me on my projects and past experiences. They tend to ask alot abt data migration/ VEEVA CRM. Finally I had the big one where I was told abt the project. I was given situations and was expected to deliver on the spot and come up with triggers / classes. Finally they asked my for my 401 certification which I did't have so there we go.....

Account Manager Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Monster Worldwide.

The interview process was very typical of any sales interview. It was not a high-pressure situation, very comfortable. There was no preparation necessary outside of coming in with an updated resume.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any tough questions during the interview process. It was more of an informal meeting to gauge personality type.   Answer Question
    No negotiating.

Telesales Account Manager II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7+ monthsinterviewed at Monster Worldwide in June 2014.

Originally sent in as a company referral, but they took over 3 months to reach out to me after my former coworker sent my resume to their HR department. (Even though they were advertising excessively all over numerous job boards.)

Overall, the process is tedious and seems unnecessarily slow. I had a phone interview with a recruiter (that was rescheduled several times) and then was finally brought on site for an in-person interview. Prior to the interview, I given a specific set of people that would be interviewing me (upper level management and the Director of Sales). However, once I arrived, the receptionist seemed confused on who I was meeting with and acted like there weren't any interviews scheduled for that day. After waiting for well over an hour, I finally met with three different people than I was originally supposed to speak with. In this interview, they told me completely different things than the corporate recruiter did-- like only having one position open when I was told they had 14 open. After some fairly consistent questions, they set the expectation that they would be contacting people the following week.

But, after about two weeks--still had not been contacted. So I contacted the people who I had met with and got sent on a wild goose chase. Apparently no one has any idea who actually makes the decisions at this company, because everyone told me that the review from my interview was sent to a different person for evaluation. In the meantime, I was contacted by five other recruiters from the company that wanted to bring me in for an introduction interview. Apparently they have problems with their ATS (even though they own and sell the product) and cannot tell when they have already reached out to people.

In all -- no one ever followed up with me or gave me an answer. The company seems to be poorly organized from the bottom up and their recruiting division is clueless. I get contacted on a consistent basis about coming back in and starting the process over (because for whatever reason they are unable to tell I have already been in). Don't waste your time interviewing for this company.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were basic, standard interview questions for a sales job. Mainly asked to talk about my comparative sales experience since I worked for a competitor for several years.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Weston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Weston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Monster Worldwide.

The interview lasted about 2.5 hours. There were about 8 people interviewing at the same time. As a group, we were greeted by Mike, who was very nice and helped make a relatively stressful process seem less daunting. He discussed the company for a bit and answered questions. Engineers came in and the VP(?) came to talk to us more about Monster. After that we each were paired with two engineers who interviewed us separately. It was more of a conversation about past experiences than a test of skills--as far as interviews go it was not bad at all. There were no curveballs. After some initial awkwardness on my part I think it developed into a pretty nice conversation. Overall it was a good experience.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was too bad--just be prepared to talk about what you've done in class and outside of class, and expect questions about what you have put on your resume.   Answer Question

Software Quality Assurance Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Monster Worldwide.

1.Got email from technical recruiter for booking a phone screen interview.
    2.Senior Manager took the interview. All basic questions about my resume and some behavioral questions.
    3.Took a week for a in-person interview. Three Senior manager took interview. Asked questions about my resume. Technical questions all related to job responsibilities. Some previous Quality assurance experience really helped. It was a good interview.

Interview Questions
    • 5 aptitude questions they asked me to solve that was unexpected.   View Answer

Software Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Monster Worldwide.

The process consisted of 2 rounds, first round was a phone interview and the second round was suppose to be in on-site. The phone interview will only revolve around your resume. All the questions will be asked based on what you have put on your resume - education. experience, projects.

Product Management Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Monster Worldwide.

Applied through my school's career website and received a phone call from Monster the day after, to schedule a phone interview. A week later, she calls me the day before my scheduled interview saying they already filled the position and they're canceling my interview.

EXTREMELY unprofessional and a rather underdeveloped style of recruiting. I was astonished