Monster Worldwide Interview Questions

Updated Jul 3, 2015

2.8

Telesales Account Manager II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Interview

I was contacted by a Monster recruiter and had a short phone interview. I then had a phone interview with the Sales Manager, then with the Regional Sales Manager. After that, I had an on-site interview with the Sales Manager and sat with a member of the Telesales team to shadow him.

Negotiation

There wasn't any negotiation. I was offered $55K annually and up to $45000 in annual commission.

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Monster Worldwide (Boston, MA) in February 2014.

Interview

1. Met the Recruiter at my school career fair.
    2. Got an email from the recruiter to setup an initial phone screening with the hiring manager. Very professional in setting up date and time.
    3. The phone screening went really well.
    4. Heard back from the recruiter that I was selected for the final round of in-person interviews, asking for availability. They have a really detailed process.
    5. I sent my availability but did not hear back for a few days.
    On following up again, I understood that they had held off the in-person interviewing.

Very weird!

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Monster Worldwide in February 2014.

Interview

I applied to the position in career fair, received an email to ask for phone interview about 2 weeks later. The phone interview is basically about my resume, actually, it is all about my resume.

Interview Questions

• Not much difficult. However, you should try to get well prepared for anything you write in the resume.   Answer Question

Compliance & Fraud Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Monster Worldwide.

Interview

Applied online, was contacted a week later by a recruiter to come in for an interview. First interview was with 2 managers who asked normal STAR type questions, "Give an example of a situation when...." "How would you handle an irate customer"... interview was about 20 minutes long. Got a call back about 2 days later by the same recruiter to come in for a second interview. This was with 2 other managers, one being the department manager for which I applied. Same type of questions along with questions about skills I have used in past jobs and my degree. Weaknesses and Strengths... Questions come from a booklet of questions made up by corporate. A couple days later, the recruiter called with an offer and information on when to start and information on the position. Overall, not a difficult interview.

Interview Questions

• Scenerio questions will put you on the spot but using the STAR technique will help you sound more appealing while telling your story.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation... they flat out told you what the starting pay was, which was nothing great, but it was something.

Small Business Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florence, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Monster Worldwide (Florence, SC) in November 2013.

Interview

Short phone interview, probably 15 minutes from the VP of HR. Then scheduled live interview. Received offer at the end of the interview. However, this isn't always the case. I know several co-worker who didn't receive immediate offers but were called within a week of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Interview wasn't very difficult. Pretty straight forward and standard interview questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation of salary or benefits.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Monster Worldwide in October 2013.

Interview

I was lied to throughout the process. The Recruiter and Managers talked up the company so well to mask the underlying issues with the company. I should have heeded the warning signs.

The process itself was simple. A Recruiter contacted me and talked about my past experience. I was then invited onsite for a panel interview with some leads and managers. After, I was invited again for a follow up and presentation interview. Within a couple of weeks, the Recruiter contacted me with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your past sales quotas and how you performed against them.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Monster Worldwide (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Be prepare to be here for 5 hours. Interview with every member of the team you are going to be working with. You start out with a brief interview with the Manager, followed by 30 minutes of techincal whiteboarding, implementing a basic rails application, and trying to solve a pretty hard problem on the spot. You later take that problem and improve it at home and send it in.

Interview Questions

• Traveling sales man problem, code, no whiteboarding here.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Monster Worldwide.

Interview

2 phone screening inteview with technical team, who just wants you know everthing during the interview. 1 managment interviews, gives you an oppurtunity to make a lasting impression to management of what you are capable of doing apart from the role offered.

Interview Questions

• have you presented any complex issues to senior management.   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation what so ever.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Monster Worldwide (Indianapolis, IN) in May 2013.

Interview

The process lasted one week. I was contacted by a recruiter and was asked to come in for a series of interviews with four regional sales managers. I was brought back to interview with the site sales director.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to describe 3 different previous sales cycles, who I originally spoke with, presentation methods, price negotiation, decision maker conversations and customer retention analysis.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation was based off of my prior experience and needs. The pay was not extremely flexible but in the end I was able to receive a salary and commission plan that I was able to live with that was above the original offer.

Small Business Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florence, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Monster Worldwide (Florence, SC) in May 2013.

Interview

I had multiple interviews over the course of a few months. The hiring process is very detailed and they want to make sure you will fit perfectly. They utilize so much technology to help you out, but you have to sell yourself. There was a very detailed background check and drug test. Always dress to impress at an interview.

Interview Questions

• Why didnt you persue a career with the degree you obtained? (I have a degree in nursing)   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation