Monster Worldwide

2.9

Internet Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Monster Worldwide.

Several Interviews, mock sales call with management, let you shadow to see if it would be a good fit.

No negotiation.

Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maynard, MA

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Monster Worldwide in December 2012.

I was approached by the Director of Talent Acquisition at Monster about the urgent need for sourcing high level technical talent to the company. He asked me to come in to meet him ASAP.

Interview Questions
    • Why should I hire you if Monster.com isn't your primary resource for technical sourcing?   View Answer

I was concerned that the TA group did not think that recruiting beyond Monster resume surfing was a good thing. And they always have openings posted for recruiters at the company. That's a sign that something is "broken".

Senior Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maynard, MA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Monster Worldwide in January 2012.

A little odd I interviewed when they were laying off people. Recruiter was weird and didn't seem to have much knowledge about the position. Once interviewed by my supervisor I was very happy. I liked her a lot and most the people seemed nice.
    I felt like I knew more about media then they did which turns out to be true!

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Monster Worldwide in July 2011.

I was called by a recruiter for a phone interview. She asked for me to go through my job history, knowledge of computer programs, strengths, weaknesses. My main point is that she said that she would contact me within three days of the interview, but never did. It is disappointing to receive a rejection letter but when a promise is broken, it is even more disappointing. Obviously she may contact me later but already I feel animosity towards the company.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about the time when you had to explain an accounting concept to someone with little accounting knowldege.   Answer Question

Internet Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Monster Worldwide in May 2011.

I was contacted by an Acquistion Talent Department. Had a brief interview with them. Then was brought in to meet with 4 managers at one time. There was a background check and had to supply references in order for the process to proceed. I was told that one of the managers were interested and I had a good chance. I waited for about 2 weeks and heard back that I had the position.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked several basic questions. There really wasn't any questions in particular that I found were difficult. They allowed me to do majority of the talking in which I did. I asked lots of questions as I did have plenty.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiated as I was pleased with the salary and commission structure

Data Warehouse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maynard, MA

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Monster Worldwide in May 2011.

I was asked basic questions related to SQL and database on telephonic interview. It as more on joins and general queries. Later I was called for on-site interview. It was more focused on my past experience and project work. I was also asked some behavioral questions regarding how would I tackle different situations. It was good interview and I got the job.

Don't Hold Your Breath Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maynard, MA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Monster Worldwide in October 2010.

Interviewed for a project management position. Initial phone call, then asked to meet in Maynard. Met with 5 people, including manager and manager's manager and some of the team. Was told they would be making a decision very quickly and would be back in touch. That was almost 3 weeks ago, and nothing. Nada. Zilch. Follow-up notes have been ignored. And these folks are in the recruitment business?

Senior Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Monster Worldwide in September 2010.

Did a phone screen with an internal recruiter and then with the hiring manager. Then the HR recruiter had me fill out a lot of forms for background checks and a lot of other information in advance of being able to schedule an interview including a mandatory salary history and several references among other things. I had an in person interview with the hiring manager, his manager, and the director of that division. It was fairly informal and took about 2-3 hours including some time in a panel with two people interviewing me at once.

A day or two later I had an offer. I requested a 5% increase in the base and they agreed.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time where you overcame a difficult situation?   Answer Question

I mostly declined due to a longer commute and some misgivings about my prospective manager that developed during the interview process.

National Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maynard, MA

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Monster Worldwide in August 2010.

Total time from first touch to hire was 2 months and 2 interviews. Working for Monster isn't for entry-level sales professionals so they are quite aware of who will fit the build. It was more or less whether I would mesh well with the company. It was definitely the best interview process I've ever been through.

Interview Questions
    Not much negotiation. They came in at the top so there wasn't much room for discussion.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maynard, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Monster Worldwide in June 2010.

I had a 1/2 hour phone interview with the hiring manager. He asked me about some of my background as well as some basic technical questions. I was not well prepared and did not do well with the technical questions; as a result the interview did not go well but I learned a very valuable lesson. There are numerous sites with typical interview questions, use them to prepare for your interviews! I did and subsequent interviews have gone much better.

Interview Questions
    • In SQL, what is the difference between an inner and outer join?   View Answer
    • What is the difference between inheritance and delegation?   View Answer