Monster Worldwide Interview Questions

Updated Aug 23, 2015

2.8

Compliance & Fraud Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Monster Worldwide.

Interview

Applied online, was contacted a week later by a recruiter to come in for an interview. First interview was with 2 managers who asked normal STAR type questions, "Give an example of a situation when...." "How would you handle an irate customer"... interview was about 20 minutes long. Got a call back about 2 days later by the same recruiter to come in for a second interview. This was with 2 other managers, one being the department manager for which I applied. Same type of questions along with questions about skills I have used in past jobs and my degree. Weaknesses and Strengths... Questions come from a booklet of questions made up by corporate. A couple days later, the recruiter called with an offer and information on when to start and information on the position. Overall, not a difficult interview.

Interview Questions

• Scenerio questions will put you on the spot but using the STAR technique will help you sound more appealing while telling your story.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation... they flat out told you what the starting pay was, which was nothing great, but it was something.

Inbound Telesales Team Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florence, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Monster Worldwide (Florence, SC) in January 2014.

Interview

Drawn out and disorganized. I interview with three people named Neil, Trevor and Bill. Of the three, Bill seemed to know about the company and the process but Trevor asked some of the worst interview questions I have ever heard. It seemed he was unprepared and knew less about the job description and company than I did. Neil just seemed to ask cookie cutter questions that started with "Tell me about a time .." I would say he was equally clueless.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you faced a challenge that required a difficult decision. (Neil)   1 Answer
    • Have you ever not met a deadline? (Neil)   1 Answer
    • Can you tell me a little about yourself? (Trevor)   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florence, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Monster Worldwide (Florence, SC) in November 2013.

Interview

Short phone interview, probably 15 minutes from the VP of HR. Then scheduled live interview. Received offer at the end of the interview. However, this isn't always the case. I know several co-worker who didn't receive immediate offers but were called within a week of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Interview wasn't very difficult. Pretty straight forward and standard interview questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation of salary or benefits.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florence, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Monster Worldwide (Florence, SC) in October 2013.

Interview

It was very long. Many promises were made. The managers did not ask prying questions or really try to get a feel for who I was. It was all about numbers.

Interview Questions

• How many outbound calls can you make in a day?   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Monster Worldwide in October 2013.

Interview

I was lied to throughout the process. The Recruiter and Managers talked up the company so well to mask the underlying issues with the company. I should have heeded the warning signs. The process itself was simple. A Recruiter contacted me and talked about my past experience. I was then invited onsite for a panel interview with some leads and managers. After, I was invited again for a follow up and presentation interview. Within a couple of weeks, the Recruiter contacted me with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your past sales quotas and how you performed against them.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Monster Worldwide (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Be prepare to be here for 5 hours. Interview with every member of the team you are going to be working with. You start out with a brief interview with the Manager, followed by 30 minutes of techincal whiteboarding, implementing a basic rails application, and trying to solve a pretty hard problem on the spot. You later take that problem and improve it at home and send it in.

Interview Questions

• Traveling sales man problem, code, no whiteboarding here.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Monster Worldwide.

Interview

2 phone screening inteview with technical team, who just wants you know everthing during the interview. 1 managment interviews, gives you an oppurtunity to make a lasting impression to management of what you are capable of doing apart from the role offered.

Interview Questions

• have you presented any complex issues to senior management.   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation what so ever.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Monster Worldwide (Indianapolis, IN) in May 2013.

Interview

The process lasted one week. I was contacted by a recruiter and was asked to come in for a series of interviews with four regional sales managers. I was brought back to interview with the site sales director.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to describe 3 different previous sales cycles, who I originally spoke with, presentation methods, price negotiation, decision maker conversations and customer retention analysis.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation was based off of my prior experience and needs. The pay was not extremely flexible but in the end I was able to receive a salary and commission plan that I was able to live with that was above the original offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florence, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Monster Worldwide (Florence, SC) in May 2013.

Interview

I had multiple interviews over the course of a few months. The hiring process is very detailed and they want to make sure you will fit perfectly. They utilize so much technology to help you out, but you have to sell yourself. There was a very detailed background check and drug test. Always dress to impress at an interview.

Interview Questions

• Why didnt you persue a career with the degree you obtained? (I have a degree in nursing)   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation

Telesales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Monster Worldwide (Indianapolis, IN) in April 2013.

Interview

Phone interview, then face to face with Regional and District Manager

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to leave your company? How do you handle rejection?   Answer Question

Negotiation

2-3 turnaround from start to finish