Monster Worldwide

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Senior Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Monster Worldwide in September 2010.

Did a phone screen with an internal recruiter and then with the hiring manager. Then the HR recruiter had me fill out a lot of forms for background checks and a lot of other information in advance of being able to schedule an interview including a mandatory salary history and several references among other things. I had an in person interview with the hiring manager, his manager, and the director of that division. It was fairly informal and took about 2-3 hours including some time in a panel with two people interviewing me at once.

A day or two later I had an offer. I requested a 5% increase in the base and they agreed.

Interview Questions
  • Explain a time where you overcame a difficult situation?   Answer Question

I mostly declined due to a longer commute and some misgivings about my prospective manager that developed during the interview process.