Monster Worldwide

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Senior Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maynard, MA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maynard, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Monster Worldwide in November 2009.

Day 1: Phone screen
Day 2: 1:1 interviews with 3 members of the team and the hiring manager
Day 3: 1:1 interviews with developers and hiring manager's boss
Day 4: Panel interview with executive team

It seemed to me that the team was under skilled for the work required of them. There were recent global DNS issues that were highly visible. The most talented Systems Administrator and department manager left for the same company within weeks of each other and the impression I got was that they took most of the knowledge and skill with them.

The culture seemed to be great a year or so before I interviewed but hey had since stopped matching 401k, eliminated company lunches and a number of other benefits.

Interview Questions
  • I wasn't asked any difficult technical questions throughout the interview process   Answer Question

They low balled me after an exhaustive interview process. When I counter offered they barely budged. Their bonus plan was paid out in restricted stock units instead of cash and there was a 4 year vesting period. I missed the cut-off for 2010 by a week and they refused to grand father me in so I was looking at a 2 year wait to get 25% of my 2010 bonus. They only offered same-sex domestic partner benefits.