Montage Hotels & Resorts Interview Questions

3.2

Rooms Division Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Montage Hotels & Resorts.

Interview

You will undergo several interviews ending with a full panel interview of executives. I went through the process several times since I worked there for many years and held a few different positions. The panel can be easy or it can be quite stressful. If you are a new hire then most likely you already have the job if you are going to panel. They don't want to waste time putting every last applicant in front of panel. The executives don't have time for that. However, if you act nonchalant, casual. use slang, don't smile, act unprofessional, don't make eye contact, or freeze up during panel then they may not give you the job. Simply give positive answers, smile, and don't ramble, and you'll be fine. Be ready to provide examples of when you overcame a difficult situation, preferably in a customer serve oriented position. They may ask you about how creative you are and what type of volunteer work you do. Give examples. They care more about your personality than your experience. They want people who smile and say "yes" to everything and not ask too many questions. Just be a "yes" person and act like you love everyone no matter what.

Interview Questions

• Name five positive qualities about yourself and give examples.   Answer Question

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laguna Beach, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Montage Hotels & Resorts (Laguna Beach, CA).

Interview

Phone interview with management of department. He gave a small assignment to test my skills. Retuurned for a 1:1 interview with head of department then was scheduled to attend a panel among 5-6 other managers who asked me questions pertaining to job description.

Nail Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beverly Hills, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Montage Hotels & Resorts (Beverly Hills, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

Phone Interview, 1 on 1 in person intreview

Interview Questions

• I was asked what I like least about working at my prior job, co-workers etc.   Answer Question

Massage Therapist Interview

Application

interviewed at Montage Hotels & Resorts in December 2013.

Interview

I interviewed at the Montage resorts in Beverly Hills. I applied online and was called within 2 weeks. My first interview was with human resources and I was asked a lot of questions about my previous employment, experiences and what I know about the Montage. I was impressed by the hr woman that interviewed me. She was very friendly and I did well because she calmed my nerves. She also gave me advice for my second interview which was in the spa by one of the managers of the spa. I did well on those 2 interviews. A lot of behavioral type questions and specific's. My 3rd interview I was left unimpressed with. I scheduled with another spa manager for a practical via email. She had forgotten about my interview. I could not do it at another time because I made arrangements for the interview. So she cut my hour practical to a half and asked me a lot of questions during the practical. I left feeling like I was a bother to her. I was being rushed and questioned at the same time during a massage. It was not a good feeling. There is a total of 5 interviews at the Montage. The people are very friendly.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you turned a negative experience into a positive   1 Answer

Valet Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Montage Hotels & Resorts.

Interview

Ridiculous! Took them a while to get make all 5<-- interviews happen.. One guy had 3 in one day, but for me it was a lot longer! The interview process is long and tedious, there is a total of 5 interviews, the last was an 8 person oral board where I was torn apart on my "verbiage" and told not to say "um" the entire rest of the interview. Easier said than done, especially when the GM is prompting you to explain IN DETAIL what being a "team player" really means for a valet - working together, being respectful and trustworthy? A few other things like that, yet he wants MORE about being a team player lol. Cant imagine what the job entails if thats the interview process. The first 4 interviews went great! The last was TERRRRIBLE!

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Montage Hotels & Resorts in July 2013.

Interview

The interview process is pretty long and tedious but worth it. Montage is really just trying to ensure that they're putting the right individual in the guest view. However, panel is kind of intimidating but you'll get though it!!

Interview Questions

• The questions really vary, so just read up on montage and be prepared.   Answer Question

Lobby Lounge Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Laguna Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Montage Hotels & Resorts (Laguna Beach, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

Was called for a telephone interview with basic questions do gauge friendliness and availability, then scheduled for the in-person interview process. Including the telephone interview, there are five interviews you must go through. Knowledge on wine and spirits is a must! Will be asked to elaborate on sales experience and product knowledge, as well as how to handle the high profile guests that Montage attracts. Selling yourself during these interviews is incredibly important.

Interview Questions

• Asked the typical question of what I know about the Montage and why I wanted to work for them, which I was prepared for, but they dug into the answer to see how much I really knew.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Laguna Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Montage Hotels & Resorts (Laguna Beach, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

Consisted of an online test of skills and personality, phone interview and then one on one interview. I was surprised by how small the hourly was, but maybe that is because I haven't been in retail for awhile. But we came to an impasse as the Human Resources interviewer was not willing to divulge anything about the commission structure which I felt was the only way for me to be able to determine if I could possibly make enough money.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation where a customer was irate and how you handled the problem.   1 Answer

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Park City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Montage Hotels & Resorts (Park City, UT) in February 2011.

Interview

Standard behavioral questioning. "Describe an experience with a previous employer, where you had to resolve a guest complaint and how did you respond to the situation", kind of stuff.

Negotiation

No negotiation, just a ridiculous orientation. Kind of communistic memorization of company mission statements and vision statements and reciting at will to trainer.....creepy.

Valet Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laguna Beach, CA

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Montage Hotels & Resorts (Laguna Beach, CA) in June 2008.

Interview

I was introduced to the hotel GM, VP of HR and other guest services managers. Then I had 1:1 with each that lasted about 15-20 minutes. They all asked similar questions about my background, personality, career goals and guest service experience. They were all serious and professional.

Interview Questions

• Please explain a time when you had to solve a difficult problem   1 Answer
    • How do you know that you work well with others?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Given that it's a part-time hourly position the only negotiation was time off and my work availability.