Montash Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Montash

Headhunter Interview

The lady interviewing me seemed pre-occupied and left the interview room about 4 times which I think is rude. She also babbled a lot and spoke too quickly and had a nauseating laugh. She made a lot of claims about how fun and awesome it was to work at Montash and what a cool young environment it was. I was let on to the sales floor and have never seen such dissinterested miserable people in my life.

I had 3 interviews, one with the internal HR woman who sounds like a failed rec2rec, then with one of the contract managers who was very young but seemed like a nice enough guy, then with the CEO who acted like a mafia boss. He smelt of cheap aftershave and waffled on about Montash to the point I nearly fell asleep. The questions he asked were pretty standard, asked about where I came from and about my family.

The whole process was very unorganised and their receptionist at the front desk is absolutely oblivious to anything and everything, very rude as well.

On the plus side the offices did look smart apart from the death steel carpet and the messy interview rooms.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Montash in February 2013.

Intense as now have assessment days but a good opportunity to understand the business

Good and fair

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Montash in January 2013.

Got invited to final stage but accepted an offer elsewhere.
    First stage was with the internal recruiter who oversold the job to me, spoke too quickly and figures did not add up at all. "our staff regularly take home over 20k per month" etc. I know this is typical spiel but nevertheless returned a week later to interview with the MD, who contradicted most of what was said by the IR. Trialled on the sales floor for a few hours, standard resourcing, asking q's to unsuccessful candidates to gather information etc. Asked about financial targets and KPI's but answers were a bit vague. Process was a little rushed. Did not har back for a few days, in this time I done some research via current and past employees and the general feeling was not so great. I went to another interview for a non-recruitment position and was offered, and accepted. I was then called back and invited in for final stage, a presentation I believe. Felt as if I should have gone along just to get perhaps an offer but I don't look back. I'm happy with the decision I made and have enjoyed good success where I am (although not on the scale that the IR at Montash reckoned I could!)

I must add, offices were smart, client portfolio-or so they said- was pretty enviable.

Interview Questions
    • N/a - very standard interview questions, was not put on the spot at all! Surprisingly   Answer Question