Montefiore Medical

Getting the Interview

13 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

RN I Interview

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Montefiore Medical.

Interview Details – Met with a nurse recruiter, took a 30 question basic nursing/math quiz, then met with a nurse manager.

Interview Question – Asked a lot about my resume, group/conflict experience, if you had made a medication error before   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Registered Nurse

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Montefiore Medical in February 2011.

Interview Details – You will meet with HR first. You will have to take a short math exam (pharmacology calculations). You will then meet with the manager of the floor you have applied to.

Interview Question – Describe a moment when you had a communication issue with a patient and how you were able to overcome the issue.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It's a union position and salary is based on experience.

Sonographer Interview

Bronx, NY

I interviewed at Montefiore Medical in March 2013.

Interview Details – 2 interviews

Interview Question – Why did you choose this hospital   View Answer

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Bronx, NY

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Montefiore Medical.

Interview Details – I applied online mid January, at some point in February I was asked to come in and take a pharmacy tech exam, pretty basic, a few days later I was asked to come in and take a second exam. After doing so, I had my first interview with the hiring director of pharmacy a few weeks later. My interview was scheduled at 12 noon. I was there from 11:45 until about 2:15 pm and there was still another candidate to be interviewed before me (his secretary confirmed he was slow). I rescheduled and finally had an interview with him, for him to tell me there's been a hiring freeze and to contact him in 3 weeks. 3 weeks and 3 emails later he still does not reply but I receive an email from the secretary of the director of pharmacy on the main campus scheduling an interview (this comes about 2 1/2 months after I applied). I had an interview with her then immediately had a panel interview with 3 pharmacy managers, went pretty well. I send out thank you emails to everyone I've interviewed with and no reply from anyone. Another two months later, one of the managers from the panel interview wanted to interview me again. I was quite surprised being that he was the only manager asking questions during the panel interview. This now being my fourth interview, went pretty good as well, sent my thank you note. two to three weeks later I follow up to find out they chose someone else. Four interviews in over almost a 6 month period and no offer. i was pretty livid. No consideration or courtesy from any of the staff, except the secretaries.

Interview Question – What did you do when you've seen someone violating company policy   Answer Question

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

I applied through other source and interviewed at Montefiore Medical.

Interview Details – I had a great interview with the VP of Marketing at that time. I really enjoyed his tact and thoughtfulness. The interviews with the medical leadership were just a pass by interview, not very in-depth. I did not get the feeling they really valued marketing.

Negotiation Details – I had a very good negotiation process. They offered me more then i asked for and a 10K sign-on bonus.

Physician Assistant Interview

Physician Assistant
Bronx, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Montefiore Medical in April 2013.

Interview Details – I received an email from my school about possible job opportunities at montefiore and then i sent my resume. I was then contacted for an interview within about a week. The man interviewing me was a fellow physician assistant but was the head of the department. He was friendly and the conversation was smooth. He was not intimidating at all. I was then given a tour of the department.

Interview Question – He told me that the competition was between me and another candidate that had more experience and then he asked why he should pick me?   Answer Question

Administrative Supervisor Interview

Bronx, NY

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Montefiore Medical in October 2012.

Interview Details – Brought in my an agency, to interview for a temp to perm position. The interview was with the Business Manager. The interviewer had my resume and knew my credentials, I had the impression, she knew who she was planning to hire. The interview lasted 15 minutes.

Interview Question – Questions weren't difficult and gave no indication of any interest in credentials or skills. Rather the focus was on being on call 7 days a week, and demonstrating attention to detail in difficult situations.   Answer Question

Human Resources Manager Interview

Bronx, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Montefiore Medical in May 2012.

Interview Details – Arrived on time for the interview and was kept waiting 2 hours. Upon arrival a woman at reception desk told me I was in the wrong place and the person I was scheduled to be interviewed by did not work there. Her story changed when I produced the email. During the 2 hour wait to be interviewed, office staff came out walking buy but not speaking. Not once was there an explanation why I was waiting so long. I asked the receptionist why the wait and she said, "All I can do is to tell them you are here." A woman finally appeared and she was so nasty I wondered why they bothered to call me in for an interview. I was interviewing for a management position and the person interviewing me was unable to discuss the current structure of the department that would directly impact my answers as to how I would run the department. I felt as if there was no job and that I was being pumped for information. I left with a very negative impression of this staff but was not surprised as I was warned by other Glass Door reviews I read before the interview. If I had it to do over I would have passed. I left thinking what a horrible place to work.

Interview Question – Why do you really want to work here?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – The way I was treated. I realized it would only get worse.

ACO Project Manager Interview

Yonkers, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Montefiore Medical in April 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online, week later I got telephone from corporate recruiter asking me to come for 1:1 interview to their location. Came on the scheduled date and first I was given paper application to fill - it took me half an hour because I was ask to give all license numbers etc and I had to get it from the internet (I have used my phone to do so). When I completed application I was invited to the office where I had two on one interview with a co-worker of recruiter. Interview was easy but during it recruiter changed position to different one. I agreed. When we finished interview I was told that I will be contacted in regards to new position. After two weeks I got a regular mail saying "Thank you but no thank you" no explanation given.

Interview Question – Typical questions, nothing fancy.   Answer Question

Financial Representative Interview

Financial Representative
Bronx, NY

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Montefiore Medical in January 2009.

Interview Details – easy

Interview Questions

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Montefiore Medical? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Montefiore Medical interview questions and advice. All 13 interview reviews posted anonymously by Montefiore Medical employees and interview candidates.