Montefiore Medical Interview Questions

Updated Oct 12, 2014
Updated Oct 12, 2014

2.6

RN I Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Montefiore Medical.

Met with a nurse recruiter, took a 30 question basic nursing/math quiz, then met with a nurse manager.

Interview Questions
    • Asked a lot about my resume, group/conflict experience, if you had made a medication error before   Answer Question

Accounting- Various Levels Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Yonkers, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Yonkers, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Montefiore Medical in April 2014.

Applied in Feb and interviewed in April. It turns out that unless you have friends working for them, you will NEVER be hired, despite your experience and qualifications. During my interview, they did not want to tell me about the major functions of the position I was interviewing for. It turns out that they were using these "show" interviews-conducted in full view of their employees- as a scare tactic to rattle their current employees . They had no intention of hiring me. The managers spent a great amount of time "bad-mouthing" their staff. Thank goodness they only wasted 4 hrs of my time and never followed up with me.

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Montefiore Medical.

I applied online mid January, at some point in February I was asked to come in and take a pharmacy tech exam, pretty basic, a few days later I was asked to come in and take a second exam. After doing so, I had my first interview with the hiring director of pharmacy a few weeks later. My interview was scheduled at 12 noon. I was there from 11:45 until about 2:15 pm and there was still another candidate to be interviewed before me (his secretary confirmed he was slow). I rescheduled and finally had an interview with him, for him to tell me there's been a hiring freeze and to contact him in 3 weeks. 3 weeks and 3 emails later he still does not reply but I receive an email from the secretary of the director of pharmacy on the main campus scheduling an interview (this comes about 2 1/2 months after I applied). I had an interview with her then immediately had a panel interview with 3 pharmacy managers, went pretty well. I send out thank you emails to everyone I've interviewed with and no reply from anyone. Another two months later, one of the managers from the panel interview wanted to interview me again. I was quite surprised being that he was the only manager asking questions during the panel interview. This now being my fourth interview, went pretty good as well, sent my thank you note. two to three weeks later I follow up to find out they chose someone else. Four interviews in over almost a 6 month period and no offer. i was pretty livid. No consideration or courtesy from any of the staff, except the secretaries.

Interview Questions
    • What did you do when you've seen someone violating company policy   Answer Question

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Montefiore Medical.

I had a great interview with the VP of Marketing at that time. I really enjoyed his tact and thoughtfulness. The interviews with the medical leadership were just a pass by interview, not very in-depth. I did not get the feeling they really valued marketing.

I had a very good negotiation process. They offered me more then i asked for and a 10K sign-on bonus.

Physician Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Montefiore Medical in April 2013.

I received an email from my school about possible job opportunities at montefiore and then i sent my resume. I was then contacted for an interview within about a week. The man interviewing me was a fellow physician assistant but was the head of the department. He was friendly and the conversation was smooth. He was not intimidating at all. I was then given a tour of the department.

Interview Questions
    • He told me that the competition was between me and another candidate that had more experience and then he asked why he should pick me?   Answer Question

Sonographer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

interviewed at Montefiore Medical in March 2013.

2 interviews

Administrative Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Montefiore Medical in October 2012.

Brought in my an agency, to interview for a temp to perm position. The interview was with the Business Manager. The interviewer had my resume and knew my credentials, I had the impression, she knew who she was planning to hire. The interview lasted 15 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • Questions weren't difficult and gave no indication of any interest in credentials or skills. Rather the focus was on being on call 7 days a week, and demonstrating attention to detail in difficult situations.   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Montefiore Medical in July 2012.

Straightforward. Submit resume online.

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Montefiore Medical in May 2012.

Arrived on time for the interview and was kept waiting 2 hours. Upon arrival a woman at reception desk told me I was in the wrong place and the person I was scheduled to be interviewed by did not work there. Her story changed when I produced the email. During the 2 hour wait to be interviewed, office staff came out walking buy but not speaking. Not once was there an explanation why I was waiting so long. I asked the receptionist why the wait and she said, "All I can do is to tell them you are here." A woman finally appeared and she was so nasty I wondered why they bothered to call me in for an interview. I was interviewing for a management position and the person interviewing me was unable to discuss the current structure of the department that would directly impact my answers as to how I would run the department. I felt as if there was no job and that I was being pumped for information. I left with a very negative impression of this staff but was not surprised as I was warned by other Glass Door reviews I read before the interview. If I had it to do over I would have passed. I left thinking what a horrible place to work.

Interview Questions

The way I was treated. I realized it would only get worse.

Clinical Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Montefiore Medical in May 2012.

All went smoothly without any difficulty. The process too several days and was a combination of telephone interview, 1:1 interview, discussion of skills, explanation of expectations. There really is not more to add to this statement, but we are required to provide a 50 word minimum.

non- negotiable