Montefiore Medical Interview Questions

Updated Jun 11, 2015

2.7

Practice Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Montefiore Medical (Bronx, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by the Director of Operations and the Human Resources Manager on the first day. I was called for a second round of interviews and considered for two different positions within the Medical Group. One of the interviews was a Medical Director. Another interview was with an Administrator. The Director of Operations is very nice and at the same time direct and upfront. The other interviewers were also pleasant.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about my experience and how I would handle a difficult situation and difficult providers.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Montefiore Medical.

Interview

Got a call by secretary of manager to confirm interview time, then go to the site, which is beautiful. Finish a writing sample on site within 30 mins and then interviewed by the manager and one guy from engineering team. Lasted for an hour with both technical and behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• How do you calculate the number of calls coming in to the front desk of a small practice without the exact number of calls being monitored?   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Montefiore Medical.

Interview

Be ready to fill out a lot of paperwork, but that is as hard as it can get. Great position to get as soon as you get out of college, better pay than an entry level job in a BA field. It also comes with great perks, and what I liked most is that you can go back for your MBA payed by the union. A full timer gets 6 free credits each semester, a part-time employee gets just 3. Still better considering sky rocketing tuition fees. Like any job the interview process can be intimidating, but remember to stay positive and answer honestly.

Interview Questions

• What is one of your strengths as a customer service specialist?   Answer Question

Administrative Inter Interview

Interview

It was a very basic interview with behavioral questions. They mostly asked me questions regarding my resume, but nothing that required detailed responses. One of the questions they asked me was how I could go about gaining group consensus toward creating a change. Another question I was asked was what my weaknesses were. The recruiters are a poor reflection of the organization, because one recruiter would not pronounce my name right no matter how many times I corrected him. It was disrespectful.

Interview Questions

• how I could go about gaining group consensus toward creating a change.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Montefiore Medical in August 2014.

Interview

Another Non-existent position they were interviewing candidates for. For the second time now, their HR rep wanted me to come in the next day for an interview and was annoyed when I couldn't.The interview with the recruiter was intense and I was questioned for at least 2 hours. I felt that they were indeed serious about me as a candidate or filling the position, until I met the DIrector of Finance. He asked me irrelevant questions during our 2 hr meeting. From my years of interviewing experience, I realized that I was a "pawn" and they wanted to fire the current Asst Director or was showing him that he was "replaceable". I learned my lesson from their unprofessionalism and I'm now employed at a much better company.

RN I Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Montefiore Medical.

Interview

Met with a nurse recruiter, took a 30 question basic nursing/math quiz, then met with a nurse manager.

Interview Questions

• Asked a lot about my resume, group/conflict experience, if you had made a medication error before   Answer Question

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Montefiore Medical (Bronx, NY).

Interview

I applied online mid January, at some point in February I was asked to come in and take a pharmacy tech exam, pretty basic, a few days later I was asked to come in and take a second exam. After doing so, I had my first interview with the hiring director of pharmacy a few weeks later. My interview was scheduled at 12 noon. I was there from 11:45 until about 2:15 pm and there was still another candidate to be interviewed before me (his secretary confirmed he was slow). I rescheduled and finally had an interview with him, for him to tell me there's been a hiring freeze and to contact him in 3 weeks. 3 weeks and 3 emails later he still does not reply but I receive an email from the secretary of the director of pharmacy on the main campus scheduling an interview (this comes about 2 1/2 months after I applied). I had an interview with her then immediately had a panel interview with 3 pharmacy managers, went pretty well. I send out thank you emails to everyone I've interviewed with and no reply from anyone. Another two months later, one of the managers from the panel interview wanted to interview me again. I was quite surprised being that he was the only manager asking questions during the panel interview. This now being my fourth interview, went pretty good as well, sent my thank you note. two to three weeks later I follow up to find out they chose someone else. Four interviews in over almost a 6 month period and no offer. i was pretty livid. No consideration or courtesy from any of the staff, except the secretaries.

Interview Questions

• What did you do when you've seen someone violating company policy   Answer Question

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Montefiore Medical.

Interview

I had a great interview with the VP of Marketing at that time. I really enjoyed his tact and thoughtfulness. The interviews with the medical leadership were just a pass by interview, not very in-depth. I did not get the feeling they really valued marketing.

Negotiation

I had a very good negotiation process. They offered me more then i asked for and a 10K sign-on bonus.

Physician Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Montefiore Medical (Bronx, NY) in April 2013.

Interview

I received an email from my school about possible job opportunities at montefiore and then i sent my resume. I was then contacted for an interview within about a week. The man interviewing me was a fellow physician assistant but was the head of the department. He was friendly and the conversation was smooth. He was not intimidating at all. I was then given a tour of the department.

Interview Questions

• He told me that the competition was between me and another candidate that had more experience and then he asked why he should pick me?   Answer Question

Sonographer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

Application

interviewed at Montefiore Medical (Bronx, NY) in March 2013.

Interview

2 interviews

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose this hospital   1 Answer