Monterey Bay Aquarium Interview Questions

Updated May 8, 2015

Interviews for Top Jobs at Monterey Bay Aquarium

Underwater Explorers Instructor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Monterey Bay Aquarium.

Interview

The first step was a phone interview with HR, very basic questions. They set up an in-person interview with me. I was told to prepare a 5 minute presentation teaching something to the interviewers. The in-person interview lasted about an hour. Many standard interview questions, plus some questions very specific to the job.

Interview Questions

• What techniques would you use to effectively teach the different age groups.   Answer Question

PSO Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monterey, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Monterey Bay Aquarium (Monterey, CA).

Interview

Step one was a phone interview with the hiring recruiter asking simple questions regarding my resume. This was then followed by 1:1 interview with both the department director as well as the recruiter. i was again asked the same resume reflective questions and asked to fill out some release of background forms. I was told normally a panel interview would follow but i was hired on the spot. I completed a drug test, background investigation and physical ability test.

Interview Questions

• How can you personally instill our mission in your life.   1 Answer

Negotiation

strait forwward

Membership Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Monterey Bay Aquarium.

Interview

The interviews are conducted in groups. You are given various tasks to complete such as introducing the person next to you to the group, solving team puzzles and speaking with guests. As the day goes on, more and more people are let go. The final portion is an in person interview with a few managers.

Interview Questions

• When the interview gets down to 5 people, they ask each one of you to speak with guests and help out on the floor. They want to see how you interact with guests and make sure you are a good fit. Be personable and smile! You will do great!   Answer Question

Guest Experience Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monterey, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Monterey Bay Aquarium (Monterey, CA) in April 2010.

Interview

Guest Experience interview are an intense all day process, more than the normal interview. Parts consist of teamwork challenges, answering questions from aquarium guests, and a panel interview. Be ready to be "on" for several hours and be friendly and smile a lot. Some positions will ask you to give a short presentation as well. The interviewers will periodically split all folks interviewing into different small groups and make cuts as the day progresses. You will leave feeling like you were on a reality show.

Interview Questions

• You may be paired up with another person and asked to get to know each other. Find out the other person's background and qualifications, and then you will be asked to sell that person as the best candidate for the job.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation.