Montgomery College Interview Questions in Washington, DC

Updated Aug 1, 2015

2.4

Instructional Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Germantown, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Montgomery College (Germantown, MD) in March 2015.

Interview

There was a panel interview with a series of questions, followed by a model help session and a tour of the facility. The interview questions were behavioral and several focused on describing how I had behaved in the past. I was also asked to look through the course catalog and identify my readiness to help students in a variety of chemistry and biology subjects.

Interview Questions

• How would I help students with different learning styles?   Answer Question

Part-Time Faculty Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Germantown, MD

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Montgomery College (Germantown, MD) in January 2015.

Interview

I have had really professional and friendly interview with assistant dean, who also told me about structure of college, teaching philosophy, and showed lab equipment for students Lab section. I was moved by her enthusiasm and being eager to assist me as a colleague.

Interview Questions

• There are a set of questions related to my experience and background as a lecturer and researcher.   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Montgomery College (Rockville, MD) in October 2014.

Interview

I was being hired for a two month contract, so my entire process was expedited. The Director of College Access was very impressed with my experience and personality and hired me immediately after my references cleared. The interview process was virtually stress free. It is helpful to note, however, that the normal interview process is considerably more intense.

Interview Questions

• What kind of communicator are you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Adjunct Faculty Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Montgomery College (Rockville, MD) in August 2011.

Interview

The interview was held on campus in the department office. they were very accommodating regarding my schedule and allowed me to pick from several times. I was well prepared but it ended up to be very casual and was primarily a discussion about my experience, their needs, and why they were hiring for the position, ( more students). Everyone I met was very collegial and friendly and the department chair I interviewed with was down to earth and seemed very interested in learning about me.

Interview Questions

• Describe my experience in a classroom setting teaching adult learners   1 Answer

Part Time Program Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Germantown, MD

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Montgomery College (Germantown, MD) in March 2010.

Interview

The interview panel consisted of three women. The primary interviewer was the Program Director and would be the new-hire's direct boss. The other two interviewers were the Program Director from the interview site campus and her Program Assistant. There were two main focuses: skills and comfort with being a part-time employee. They wanted a skilled communicator, able to work independently with pre-existing knowledge of standard office software, web design skills and web-based social networking skills. The program is focused on Lifetime Learning and already has a good following in the 60+ year-old demographic, The panel was searching for communication ability, skills and comfort with the 40- to 50-year-old demographic.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if the task you were engaged in was incomplete at the end of your work day?   1 Answer