Montgomery County Government - Maryland
Montgomery County Government - Maryland Budget Analyst Interview Questions & Reviews
Getting an Interview
Budget Analyst Interview (Positive Experience; Average Interview)
I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Montgomery County Government - Maryland in September 2011.
Interview Details – Found and applied for position through County website. After one month of status updates, received email to interview with 3-person panel. Was asked to bring three writing samples, including an Excel spreadsheet to demonstrate budgeting/accounting skills.
Interview questions were scripted and consisted of 9 questions.
1. Describe personal attributes, training, education, or skills for this position.
2. What do you like best/least about your current job?
3. How would others (co-workers, friends) describe you?
4. Describe experience with spreadsheet software (Excel) and databases (Access).
5. What strategies would you use to handle competing deadlines and working in a stressful environment?
6. How would you go about evaluating a budget proposal?
7. Describe public speaking experience.
8. What type of portfolio would you most prefer to work on?
9. Do you have any questions that we can answer?
Small, friendly atmosphere...excellent responses to my questions but interview was very scripted with little follow-up questions beyond the script. Advise that you speak as much as possible and provide details about work experience and technical skills.
Interview Question – What strategies would you use to handle competing deadlines and working in a stressful environment? Answer Question