Montgomery County Government - Maryland

5 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Stream Monitoring Intern Interview

Stream Monitoring Intern

I applied online and interviewed at Montgomery County Government - Maryland.

Interview Details – The interview was done by two employees. I gave them both my resume. They called back within a week and I interned with them for the whole summer from June - August 2011.

Interview Question – I cannot remember the most difficult or unexpected question they asked, but it was one of my first interviews, so I remember how I did not know what to expect at all.   Answer Question

Corrections Interview

Corrections

I applied in-person and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Montgomery County Government - Maryland.

Interview Details – The interview process includes a skilled Test, one-on-one Interview and Probation training at the academy which includes physical and psychological training. Each process was tasking and challenging. The interview also included physical exercise and background check.

Interview Question – How many children do you have?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Anonymous Interview

Rockville, MD

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Montgomery County Government - Maryland.

Interview Details – They hired me because of a friend I had in the antiques business from my father, when he was alive, back in the year 1999. It took over 6 months till they contacted me for an interview and finally hired me. I was hired as "prn" without benefits. When I pursued a position with benefits, they said there was none, but then they hired a friend of mine, from Montgomery General Home Health, who had less experience than myself, and less education, and gave her higher pay AND benefits, because they liked her better. When I exposed this, later on, I was mistreated in the workplace for over 3 yrs.

Interview Question – none.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I asked for higher pay, and the Nursing Director finally gave in and gave me ONE DOLLAR more than the starting pay.

Program Specialist Interview

Program Specialist

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Montgomery County Government - Maryland in August 2009.

Interview Details – Very nice HR contact; panel interview w/ three people; basic questions; very long wait to hear back.

Interview Question – Tell us three different instances where you gave outstanding customer service.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Unable to negotiate

Budget Analyst Interview

Budget Analyst

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Montgomery County Government - Maryland in September 2011.

Interview Details – Found and applied for position through County website. After one month of status updates, received email to interview with 3-person panel. Was asked to bring three writing samples, including an Excel spreadsheet to demonstrate budgeting/accounting skills.

Interview questions were scripted and consisted of 9 questions.

1. Describe personal attributes, training, education, or skills for this position.
2. What do you like best/least about your current job?
3. How would others (co-workers, friends) describe you?
4. Describe experience with spreadsheet software (Excel) and databases (Access).
5. What strategies would you use to handle competing deadlines and working in a stressful environment?
6. How would you go about evaluating a budget proposal?
7. Describe public speaking experience.
8. What type of portfolio would you most prefer to work on?
9. Do you have any questions that we can answer?

Small, friendly atmosphere...excellent responses to my questions but interview was very scripted with little follow-up questions beyond the script. Advise that you speak as much as possible and provide details about work experience and technical skills.

Interview Question – What strategies would you use to handle competing deadlines and working in a stressful environment?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Montgomery County Government - Maryland? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Montgomery County Government - Maryland interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Montgomery County Government - Maryland employees and interview candidates.