Moody's Analytics

Updated Sep 5, 2014

2.9

Financial Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Moody's Analytics.

Applied online and received a call the next day to come in the following week. Two hour interview, meeting with 4 people on the team. Easy interview process and somewhat laid back. Everyone was very friendly and welcoming. They took a very long time to let me know their decision.

Interview Questions
    • Please tell me the first sentence I asked when explaining the job?   Answer Question

Database Engineer Interview

Applied on line. First a phone screening interview. Then a 5-hour long interview on site. Interviewed with managers and other prospective colleagues. One Excel test. Most of the interview questions are standard.

Interview Questions
    • Some technical questions about survey method and what if scenario.   Answer Question

Associate Economist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  West Chester, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Chester, PA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Moody's Analytics.

I received a call from the HR rep in the New York office the day after I applied. He did an initial screening asking about what kind of econometric analysis I had experience with. He called himself a layperson when it came to the specifics but seemed to happy to hear I'd worked with time-series and panel data. Two days after the initial screening I was called to set up an interview in the West Chester office. The interview was pretty extensive and intensive. I met with seven different managing directors and senior economists for 30 minute one-on-one or two-on-one interviews. After all the interviews I took an hour long writing test. I was given regional data and had to write as much about it as I could. They were specifically interested in a story you could derive from the information. A week and a half later they got back to me saying I didn't get the position but I made a very positive impression and they'd like me to apply for a different position in their office. Every one was really nice (the last managing director was a bit intimidating but she was still friendly). The environment seemed very supportive and cooperative and that showed through in them referring me to another position and looking out for me.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't too many technical questions but when I mentioned I had done panel data and cross-section fixed effects and time-period fixed effects she asked me if I could talk her through running they kind of analysis.   Answer Question

Financial Data Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Moody's Analytics.

I was initially called by a man from the company who asked basic questions about past work experiences and explained the position briefly. He said the salary would be $45,000 and asked if that was okay. Very basic, brief conversation. The next day I was called by a recruiter for Moody's and asked to set up a time to go to the New York office to interview with the team. I met with a team member, the team leader, and the middle office manager. Each interview was 30 minutes, and they all seemed to ask essentially the same questions: strengths, weaknesses, excel experience, internship experience, etc. Overall it was a relaxed experience--very conversational rather than basic question & answer. I did not hear from anyone at Moody's for two weeks, and when I sent a follow-up email I was informed that the position was filled internally. I would have rather been told this without having to follow-up myself--that is the only complaint I have.

Interview Questions
    • If you were stuck in the woods would you rather have one sock or one glove   Answer Question

Financial Modeling Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Moody's Analytics in August 2014.

First of all received a telephone interview from HR department. One week later I was moved forward to on site interview and the interview lasts for 3 hours. Was asked for a lot of questions including RMBS, VBA and legal documents. Brain teasers and behavior questions are included as well.

Senior Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I had an initial phone call and a 15 min interview with the HR. They then set up a phone interview with the person who was going to be my manager. During the phone interview I was asked a few brain teasers. Following that interview I had an onsite interview where I met 5 people for half an hour each. about 10 days later I was brought in for a second onsite interview where I met 4 people each for half an hour. I was some what confused after all the interviews because half the people I met with told me I will be reporting to them. The offer was made over the phone a day after the second in person interview.

Interview Questions
    • They wanted to hire someone with data analysis experience for their marketing department, yet they were asking me if I had any sales experience.   Answer Question

Senior Marketing Associate Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at Moody's Analytics.

It was a very thorough process. I had to take 9 1-1 interviews. They were thorough to figure out if I was the right fit. After series of interview they took 2 weeks to make an initial offer. then after some negotiation I took the offer.

Summer Intern Interview

Phone interview

Interview Questions
    • If you have a coin and you get 600 head out of 1000 throws. Is it more possible to be a fair coin or an unfair coin?   Answer Question

Associate Economist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  West Chester, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Chester, PA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Moody's Analytics.

Submitted my resume through the company website and was contacted to come in for an interview.

Interview Questions
    • I was given a sheet of economic data for a metropolitan area and was asked to write a 1 page report on it in an hour.   Answer Question
    I was desperate for a job and the pay was good enough so I took it.

Quantitative Research Associate Interview

Phone Interview

Interview Questions

Worked for Moody's Analytics? Contribute to the Community!