Moody's Associate Analyst III Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

2.6

Associate Analyst III Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Moody's.

Interview

Met a recruiter at a career fair, who then referred to me another recruiter who happened to be looking to fill the role. After explaining what I was looking for he decided I would be a fit for the role. He then passed my resume along to the hiring manager, an SVP. I then had a phone interview with the SVP a few days later. After a few days, I was invited to an on-site interview where I was interviewed by 4 members on the team I would be working with.

Interview Questions

• They asked a few technical questions about the subject matter.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Moody's

Associate Analyst III Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Moody's.

Interview

Interview process was extremely easy. Applied through on campus recruiting. Had a first round interview where they mostly wanted to know your background and if you were smart enough to do the job, not necessarily if you already had the skill set. The interview was not technical.

Interview Questions

• How would you approach a credit rating / what are some ratios you know?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Moody's (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

First round interview on campus with 2 VPs. Got a call back 2 days later. Next round is super day at their beautiful offices in which I had 5 interviews with 6 people (mostly VPs and above). They called the next day with an offer. The people were not only really nice, but really intelligent as well. The culture seemed to be great and all of the senior management have MBAs or CFAs.

Interview Questions

• You're the lead analyst for a company and you're in a meeting with the CFO and CEO. You can only ask 3 questions. What would you ask?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I interviewed at Moody's (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

I got the interview from campus recruiting. Most were normal questions. 1. Introduce yourself 2. Why finance 3. Quantitative skills and qualitative skills 4. What to bring to Moody's 5. Behavioral questions I didn't process to the Super Day. Decision was made in one week.

Associate Analyst III Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Moody's.

Interview

1- Tests and interview with a senior associatte. Just went over resume and was asked to explain a few ratios. 2- Second round. MD + VP interviews, again just over resume. Asked why I would make a good fit. Then HHRR behavioural interview. The whole process was in english, so if you're not comfortable with it just don't go. Better candidates where thrown away just because they had a not completely fluent english.

Interview Questions

• Written test is difficult due to lack of time, math test the same and financial test is all about cash flows. Either you know it or you don't.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negociation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Moody's (New York, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

Phone interview followed by a call in for a superday. Super day consisted of several 2 on 1 interviews, mostly fit questions. Some technical questions, some basic math skills. Seemed like for the most part they wanted to discern whether you were of average intelligence, and whether you would be a good fit. From what I've heard from others, if you have a technical/quant background, they will ask more tech/quant questions. Otherwise they just want to see whether you would be able to pick that stuff up on the job. Few weeks later I heard back and accepted.

Interview Questions

• What happens to LTV when home prices increase?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate. Candidates with >1 year of experience might feel more comfortable/compelled to do so.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Moody's (New York, NY).

Interview

Initial phone screen, then a superday in their downtown office. Basic set of questions - why are you interested in Moody's, tell me about your internships, etc. Some questions are about past experiences where you exhibited a certain trait (i.e. tell me about a time you led a group).

Interview Questions

• How do you manage projects with tight or conflicting deadlines?   Answer Question

Associate Analyst III Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Moody's.

Interview

It's a campus interview. The whole process was pleasant and lasted about half an hour. It's basically about going over your resume, asking you about your experiences, and they may want to know the details about your past experiences. But no behavior questions. I write thanks letters to both of my interviewers but no reply so far.

Interview Questions

• No unexpected question, all are those your should know well about and answer without even a little hesitation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Moody's (New York, NY) in May 2013.

Interview

Met with the recruiter, then a few employees, then had a phone interview with MD due to scheduling issues. The interview was fairly simple where they asked what skills do I have. What do I want to learn, etc. The most complicated part was having the phone interview with the MD as she was out most of the time. The entire process took about 2 weeks then an offer.

Interview Questions

• What skills can you bring to the job? What do you want to learn?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Moody's (New York, NY) in May 2013.

Interview

High yield credit research. Only one on-side interview in NY office with 2 VPs and 1 Analyst. Scheduled for a second round with London analyst and Hong Kong analyst but was later cancelled. Interview were pretty laid back.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about credit research? Have you analyzed high yield debt before? Give me an example.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate.