Moody's

5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Associate Analyst III
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Moody's in May 2013.

Interview Details – High yield credit research. Only one on-side interview in NY office with 2 VPs and 1 Analyst. Scheduled for a second round with London analyst and Hong Kong analyst but was later cancelled. Interview were pretty laid back.

Interview Question – What do you know about credit research?
Have you analyzed high yield debt before? Give me an example.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate.

New York, NY

I applied online and interviewed at Moody's.

Interview Details – Initial phone screen, then a superday in their downtown office. Basic set of questions - why are you interested in Moody's, tell me about your internships, etc. Some questions are about past experiences where you exhibited a certain trait (i.e. tell me about a time you led a group).

Interview Question – How do you manage projects with tight or conflicting deadlines?   Answer Question

Associate Analyst III

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Moody's.

Interview Details – It's a campus interview. The whole process was pleasant and lasted about half an hour. It's basically about going over your resume, asking you about your experiences, and they may want to know the details about your past experiences. But no behavior questions. I write thanks letters to both of my interviewers but no reply so far.

Interview Question – No unexpected question, all are those your should know well about and answer without even a little hesitation.   Answer Question

Associate Analyst III Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Moody's in November 2011.

Interview Details – First Interview was on campus. I had two interviews that lasted about a half hour each. The interviewers were very pleasant and sharp. I made it to the second round, so I had to go to their office in NYC where I was interviewed by 5 different managers. 1 of them was a senior vice president and the other 4 MD's. Again, very nice atmosphere and very nice work place in general.

Interview Question – Where do you get your assumptions from for DCF? Describe the process   View Answers (2)

New York, NY

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Moody's in December 2011.

Interview Details – Had an initial phone interview with office manager that was behavioral in nature. Was notified very shortly thereafter that I was invited for an in-office interview with the group in New York. Over course of 4 hours or so, interviewed with six people--mostly Vice-Presidents, one Managing Director for the group, and another Associate Analyst. All asked the same general questions--very few functional knowledge-oriented questions.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in Moody's? Why should we hire you?   Answer Question
  • What are some of the factors that you would want to consider in rating a security?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Moody's

Worked for Moody's? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Moody's Associate Analyst III interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Moody's employees and interview candidates.