Moody's

Updated Jan 21, 2015
Updated Jan 21, 2015

2.8

Business Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Moody's.

was really interesting. Asked mostly about the experience and SDLC life cycle, agile methodologies. Interviewer were pretty cool and make you feel comfortable so no need to panic. Asked few difficult questions like what is a cdo? did not know much about it but answered closely.

VP-Senior Credit Officer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Moody's.

About 3 interviews but met most of team during one of them (approx 7-8 people); disparate personalities in group, which bore out when I worked with them later; HR gave impression that promotions were quicker than they are. Moody's culture consists of mostly nice, smart people, but computer systems need updating.

Interview Questions
    With HR person so he had to keep going to group head- would be better if directly talked with group head.

Associate Analyst III Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Moody's.

Interview process was extremely easy. Applied through on campus recruiting. Had a first round interview where they mostly wanted to know your background and if you were smart enough to do the job, not necessarily if you already had the skill set. The interview was not technical.

Interview Questions
    • How would you approach a credit rating / what are some ratios you know?   View Answer
    No negotiation

General Interview

One First Round Interview. Very good and smooth process. Nothing unexpected. They really just wanted to make sure you were articulate and to assess that you are a good fit.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected question. The entire interview was behavioral and very smooth. You have to know your resume very well and be able to talk about everything that you put on it.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Everyone was very nice at Moody's and at the end of the day they just wanted to have a conversation with you. It was a 2 round interview process, and they always communicated exactly what the interview process would be like at every stage. All in all, it was a lot of fun and the culture of the company seems great.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Moody's.

Submitted my resume and was contacted by recruiter for an interview a couple of weeks later. Scheduled an interview with the Managing Director of the Sovereign group and an Associate Analyst. Interviewers did not call the number that I said I could be reached at, so it was a little uncoordinated. But after technical difficulties were sorted out, the interviewers were very professional and asked mostly about my resume and the my interest in international markets.

No negotiations

All Interview

The Moody's company is looking for the best and the brightest. Phone Interview with Human Resource, interviewers can be from five or more depending on the job title or department.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

interviewed at Moody's in October 2014.

I got the interview from campus recruiting. Most were normal questions.
    1. Introduce yourself
    2. Why finance
    3. Quantitative skills and qualitative skills
    4. What to bring to Moody's
    5. Behavioral questions

I didn't process to the Super Day. Decision was made in one week.

Associate Analyst III Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Moody's.

1- Tests and interview with a senior associatte. Just went over resume and was asked to explain a few ratios.
    2- Second round. MD + VP interviews, again just over resume. Asked why I would make a good fit. Then HHRR behavioural interview.

The whole process was in english, so if you're not comfortable with it just don't go. Better candidates where thrown away just because they had a not completely fluent english.

Interview Questions
    • Written test is difficult due to lack of time, math test the same and financial test is all about cash flows. Either you know it or you don't.   View Answer
    No negociation

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Moody's in September 2014.

Applying to the position wasn't difficult, the application process was pretty standard. The hiring manager reached out to me directly for the first phone screen. They were very straightforward and clear about what they were looking for and that is always exciting for a candidate. The in person interview was okay; although the interviewers were late. The interview schedule was not clear. After my interview, the hiring manager asked me to call them back and share my experience. I left them messages and emails but never heard back from anybody from the team. I am not sure where the disconnect was, given that the HR team seemed pretty professional, but I am yet to hear from them. Disappointing!

Interview Questions
    • Something around supporting the businesses without specific tools around HR.   Answer Question