Moody's

Updated Dec 11, 2014

2.8

IT Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a weekinterviewed at Moody's in May 2012.

First interview was a phone interview with the potential manager. Questions are mostly technical question like how does tcp work? what are two factors authentication? how does ping work?

I was called for a second face to face interview and it the interview was 30min each with 5 people. All were techniacl interview and questions are mostly about penetration testing and malware in the wild.The downside is they did not account and give you time to take a break. I told one of the interviewer that i need water but i was ignored. the interview was one sided, they did not give you time to ask them questions so you will not get the feel of how they work.

Junior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Moody's in March 2012.

Got an email from HR for a phone screening that happened in a week and later was called on site for a 4 hour interview session with the group director (via video conference), hiring manager, team member, a recently joined employee from other team, and HR. Most of the questions were related to the resume and the position that I applied for. I followed up with HR a couple of times and he said he will let me know but never got back.

Interview Questions
    • How will you define data governance?   Answer Question
    • What is the difference between Six Sigma and Lean/Six Sigma?   Answer Question
    • What is one thing you would like to change at your previous workplace?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Moody's in December 2011.

Had an initial phone interview with office manager that was behavioral in nature. Was notified very shortly thereafter that I was invited for an in-office interview with the group in New York. Over course of 4 hours or so, interviewed with six people--mostly Vice-Presidents, one Managing Director for the group, and another Associate Analyst. All asked the same general questions--very few functional knowledge-oriented questions.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you interested in Moody's? Why should we hire you?   Answer Question
    • What are some of the factors that you would want to consider in rating a security?   Answer Question

Associate Analyst III Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Moody's in November 2011.

First Interview was on campus. I had two interviews that lasted about a half hour each. The interviewers were very pleasant and sharp. I made it to the second round, so I had to go to their office in NYC where I was interviewed by 5 different managers. 1 of them was a senior vice president and the other 4 MD's. Again, very nice atmosphere and very nice work place in general.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you get your assumptions from for DCF? Describe the process   View Answers (2)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Moody's in October 2011.

Got the interview through Campus Recruiting. First interview was on campus with 2 senior analysts at Moody's. Fairly straightforward interview. No technical questions. Second interview was during Super Day in their NYC office. Interviews were with 4-5 analysts/MDs. Some technical questions were asked (about the Income statement, CF statement, and Balance Sheet). Overall, was more of a discussion than back and forth question answer. Really enjoyed one of my interviews which we discussed what would be the big issues companies as well as citizens would be dealing with 5 years from now (Subscribing to Time Magazine pays off in dividends here). Moody's overall wants you to know your math and be able to calculate fast, but they also appreciate qualitative discussions, something unlike others working in the financial sector I hear.

Interview Questions
    • What is your favorite company? After you answer, they ask you, "If you were CEO of said company, what would be one thing you would do to improve it"   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Moody's in October 2011.

It was very brief and quick. First with HR, and manager and other junior accountants.

Financial Data Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a dayinterviewed at Moody's in September 2011.

Applied on their website and received a call for an interview a few days later. Consisted of 3 separate parts, the first with the HR director, the second with employees that were already doing the Financial Data Associate position, and the last with the department supervisor. All were very friendly and straight forward. Mostly asked general behavioral questions and about future plans.

Financial Data Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Moody's in September 2011.

People that interviewed me were very nice and asked the typical behavioral questions as well as review my resume in detail. There were three separate interviews back-to-back (HR Manager, Group Interview with current Financial Data Associates, and finally a Manager for the Financial Data Associate group). Each interview was very detailed and moved along very smoothly and you don't notice that 3 interviews in one day. I felt I got along with the members well and had a very positive interview session. However, did not receive an offer, but it was a great experience and felt like a great place to work for. The building is very modern and the business atmosphere is quiet, but also very busy. Definitely worth the shot.

Interview Questions
    • Describe your biggest strength and weakness? Why should we hire you over someone else? They expect about a 2-year commitment to stay with the company so the person can contribute and gain the necessary experience.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Moody's in June 2011.

Phone screen, followed by in person interview with three people, no technical questions, just wanted to see how much I knew about Moody's core businesses. General questions of why this position, what I thought of perception of rating agencies in general in light of credit crisis. Three interviews each 30 minutes.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a dayinterviewed at Moody's in May 2011.

! round of telphonic and 2nd round in person.

Nope