Moody's

Relevance Date Difficulty

Associate Analyst III Interview

Associate Analyst III
New York, NY

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Moody's in December 2011.

Interview Details – Had an initial phone interview with office manager that was behavioral in nature. Was notified very shortly thereafter that I was invited for an in-office interview with the group in New York. Over course of 4 hours or so, interviewed with six people--mostly Vice-Presidents, one Managing Director for the group, and another Associate Analyst. All asked the same general questions--very few functional knowledge-oriented questions.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in Moody's? Why should we hire you?   Answer Question
  • What are some of the factors that you would want to consider in rating a security?   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Senior Business Analyst
New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at Moody's in May 2011.

Interview Details – ! round of telphonic and 2nd round in person.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Nope

Staff Accountant Interview

Staff Accountant
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Moody's in October 2011.

Interview Details – It was very brief and quick. First with HR, and manager and other junior accountants.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself   Answer Question

Financial Data Associate Interview

Financial Data Associate
New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at Moody's in September 2011.

Interview Details – Applied on their website and received a call for an interview a few days later. Consisted of 3 separate parts, the first with the HR director, the second with employees that were already doing the Financial Data Associate position, and the last with the department supervisor. All were very friendly and straight forward. Mostly asked general behavioral questions and about future plans.

Financial Data Associate Interview

Financial Data Associate
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Moody's in September 2011.

Interview Details – People that interviewed me were very nice and asked the typical behavioral questions as well as review my resume in detail. There were three separate interviews back-to-back (HR Manager, Group Interview with current Financial Data Associates, and finally a Manager for the Financial Data Associate group). Each interview was very detailed and moved along very smoothly and you don't notice that 3 interviews in one day. I felt I got along with the members well and had a very positive interview session. However, did not receive an offer, but it was a great experience and felt like a great place to work for. The building is very modern and the business atmosphere is quiet, but also very busy. Definitely worth the shot.

Interview Question – Describe your biggest strength and weakness? Why should we hire you over someone else? They expect about a 2-year commitment to stay with the company so the person can contribute and gain the necessary experience.   Answer Question

Summer Internship Interview

Summer Internship
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Moody's in May 2011.

Interview Details – Interviewed with two groups. First interviewer gave an Excel skills test over the phone. Seemed very unfriendly and uninterested in hearing about my experience and only wanted someone to do data entry. Interviewer was also very vague about job description. Second interviewer was an analyst who talked more about the position than my qualifications. Both interviewers called exactly on time and were shorter than expected. Received and accepted offer from second group.

Interview Question – How do you sort data in Excel 2007?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Interns are paid a flat hourly rate of $20/hour, non-negotiable.

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Moody's in June 2011.

Interview Details – Phone screen, followed by in person interview with three people, no technical questions, just wanted to see how much I knew about Moody's core businesses. General questions of why this position, what I thought of perception of rating agencies in general in light of credit crisis. Three interviews each 30 minutes.

Interview Question – What do you think of Moody's?   Answer Question

Financial Engineer Interview

Financial Engineer
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Moody's in March 2011.

Interview Details – I applied through Moody's career website and then HR called me two days after that. I had a phone conversation with HR for 10 minutes and she sent me the detail in the on site interview on the same day.
On the on site interview, I had to meet with six people. They were all kind and were straight forward.

Associate Analyst Interview

Associate Analyst
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Moody's in September 2009.

Interview Details – HR took forever to get back to me. I had to call repeatedly when they said they would let me know by a certain date and didn't. Eventually they called and I didn't get it, and then they called to have me interview for two other positions. I got one of them and they didn't want me to start for three months. The whole thing was very drawn out and unprofessional on HR's end.

Interview Question – What makes you want to work at Moody's?   Answer Question

Associate Analyst Interview

Associate Analyst
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Moody's in February 2011.

Interview Details – Several interviews with different members of the team. They were very nice to me and helped me realize my background did not have enough finance in order for me to join there team. Only one of them actually asked me technical question regarding accounting conventions. The rest only had a pleasant conversation with me about my life and so on.

Interview Question – Tell me how you get to Chasflow from Operations departing from Net Income in a Cashflow statement.   View Answer