Moody's KMV

2.8

Strategic Marketing Assistant Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Moody's KMV.

I was called in for a first round with a few associate/ AVP level team members, and then later as a final to meet the Director. Typical fan fare to be expected for a strategy interview -- There were a couple of a cases. At one point during one of the cases, he told me that my response wasn't the "caliber expected of an average person off the street, much less a seasoned McKinsey consultant." (I've been at McKinsey for 3 years and have never been treated to or spoken to in that way.) I was quite proud of myself for not walking out in a huff at that point. Got a call back after, and was brought back to see the same guy. I only went because I assumed it might be an offer/ apology. He told me that he decided to give me a second chance. I did one case to be polite and said I needed to go back to work. By the way, asked the guy what consulting firm he had worked for -- Booze (i.e. not event a strategy consulting firm).

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Moody's KMV in February 2010.

It is a great experience to do the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Assume a stick is broken at random into three pieces. What is the probability that the pieces can form a triangle?   View Answer

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Moody's KMV in January 2008.

I had applied online through one of the job sites right after graduation. The position was for a entry level engineering position. First, it was a phone round interview. There were basic questions on algorithms, databases and networking. They flew me out to San Francisco office for a series of interviews for a day. There were 4 1:1 interviews. One of it was a HR-type interview. The other three were roughly divided between a database guy, Architect and a senior engineer. All of them asked me write code on board.
    There were no unnecessary puzzles but proper discussion-type technical questions like design a database, design a OOP-style application.

They gave a good introduction to company's technology and job description over the interview and lunch in a nearby restaurant. It was a chilled experience. They appeared happy to work there and the walking in SF during lunch time was awesome.

Interview Questions
    • Design a database with proper normalization for a fictional case. Also was asked to write specific SQL query   View Answer
    • Descibe OOPs concepts like inheritance, multiple inheritance with example. Java if possible   View Answer

I admit they were pretty high on the list. Their pay was on the high end and working in SF would have been great if not pricey. Their work was all on Java which I was naively not a big fan of. But I had to decline because I got another good offer from one of my have-to-work-there technology company.

Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shenzhen, Guangdong (China)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shenzhen, Guangdong (China)

The process took a dayinterviewed at Moody's KMV in August 2010.

Ask about some basic c and algorithm questions. Ask preoder, inorder, postorder transversal of the binary tree. Ask previous projects, some behavior questions.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Moody's KMV in January 2009.

Hiring process was generally slow at that time. Been through 6 rounds of interviews. First with the HR and then, with the team followed by the MD. People were generally nice to talk to. General questions, tell me about yourself, why Moody's. Was asked on a few technical /statistical questions

Interview Questions
    I did not negotiate much as but this was a huge mistake obviously.