Moody's

Relevance Date Difficulty

Marketing Associate Interview

Marketing Associate
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Moody's in August 2010.

Interview Details – Applied online and heard from an HR representative by email within a couple of weeks. She set up a time for a phone interview with her, and once I completed that phone interview, I was set up with a phone interview with someone on the marketing team. After the 2nd phone interview, I was told that they wished to setup face to face interviews with 6 people on their team. The next week, I went in for 3 1/2 hours and met with each person for half an hour each. The people were very nice, and I believed that I did a great round of interviews, but the last person thanked me for coming in and wished me luck on my job search. I received a turn down email a week later.

Interview Question – All questions were related to the marketing job, except for one. Expect to be asked a question where you need to use critical thinking skills.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Marketing Associate Interview

Marketing Associate
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Moody's in September 2009.

Interview Details – The interview was scheduled over the course of two hours where I would meet with 4 people in the following order, the HR representative, my potential manager, her manager and her manager (head of the department.) When I go there I sat for 25 minutes before the administrative assistant said let me call and see what the hold up is. Apparently the schedules had changed and no one let me know. I was sent up to the department head's office and was given a case study type interview during which time he was inquisitive but also personable. I was then moved on to meet with my potential manager who had a very "holier-than-thou" attitude who asked questions of what I would do in several hypothetical situations. No matter how I answered her response always began with, "That's interesting but here's the textbook answer..." Rather than spending 30 minutes with her she had me in her office for 10 minutes and said I have to go to this other meeting. One of the manager's wasn't even there that day and the HR representative, although nice, didn't have anything else to ask as I'd already met everyone. The entire process was very poorly managed and the attitudes, especially my potential manager's, told me that it was not the kind of workplace at which I'd enjoy working.

Interview Question – The manager gave a brief description of one of the company's software packages. He then asked who would you market these to, how would you do so and why.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Moody's

Worked for Moody's? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Moody's Marketing Associate interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Moody's employees and interview candidates.