Moody's Interview Questions in New York City, NY

Updated Aug 1, 2015

2.7

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Moody's (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

I had phone call with Human Resources person. That was followed by on-line application and a series of disclosure forms. Then I met hiring manager and two other individuals, one who would work closely with the new hire and one in a similar job elsewhere in the company.

Interview Questions

• How do I prioritize when "everything" is a "number one priority"?   Answer Question

Associate Analyst I Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Moody's (New York, NY).

Interview

First did a a presentation and Q&A session for 1 hour, then 5 back to back interviews, each for 45 minutes. Interview panel includes a hiring manager, the director of the team, the colleague, two manager at other group. Various questions were asked,ranging from introducing CV to technical questions. Intensive interviews, Interviewers are friendly though.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Moody's (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Good interpersonal round. Asked some basic technical questions on the technologies worked. The panelists make you feel comfortable and the process is mainly scenario based. They set expectations on the job profile almost immediately. The interview began on time and the technical round doesnt go beyond than 45 minutes to 1 hour maximum.

Structured Finance Group Associate Analyst III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Moody's (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

I interviewed through on-campus recruiting, so there was a behavioral two-on-one interview on campus (30 min), and final rounds were held in-office, with 2 back-to-back thirty minute interviews. The first round was very behavioral - just a get-to-know you type of interview with a couple of questions about what the company does and what the role of the specific position is. Final rounds were a little more difficult - I was constantly drilled on how I am a good fit for this specific position and how my skills were quantitative.

Interview Questions

• Do you know what SFG does?   1 Answer
    • What does Moody's do?   Answer Question
    • Tell me why I would want to live in your hometown.   Answer Question
    • What do you think it takes to be successful at Moody's? (and follow up question: how do you have these skills?)   Answer Question

Associate Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Moody's (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

very relaxed. Interviewed with 3 VPS and senior analysts. general questions about my background and why moodys. Questions regarding credit analysis and factors driving an analysis. personality questions like what do i do on my free time. How did i enjoy school. Time management questions.

Interview Questions

• -why moodys -tell me about yourself   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Moody's (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

First round interview on campus with 2 VPs. Got a call back 2 days later. Next round is super day at their beautiful offices in which I had 5 interviews with 6 people (mostly VPs and above). They called the next day with an offer. The people were not only really nice, but really intelligent as well. The culture seemed to be great and all of the senior management have MBAs or CFAs.

Interview Questions

• You're the lead analyst for a company and you're in a meeting with the CFO and CEO. You can only ask 3 questions. What would you ask?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

interviewed at Moody's (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

I got the interview from campus recruiting. Most were normal questions. 1. Introduce yourself 2. Why finance 3. Quantitative skills and qualitative skills 4. What to bring to Moody's 5. Behavioral questions I didn't process to the Super Day. Decision was made in one week.

Associate Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Moody's (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

Initially believed the interview would be more technical but it was mostly behavioral. Since it was through my school, the first interview was with two current employees who asked me a series of questions. I then had my second round at their office, which was 2 thirty minute interviews with 2 employees in the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had conflict and how you have resolved it.   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Moody's (New York, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

Applying to the position wasn't difficult, the application process was pretty standard. The hiring manager reached out to me directly for the first phone screen. They were very straightforward and clear about what they were looking for and that is always exciting for a candidate. The in person interview was okay; although the interviewers were late. The interview schedule was not clear. After my interview, the hiring manager asked me to call them back and share my experience. I left them messages and emails but never heard back from anybody from the team. I am not sure where the disconnect was, given that the HR team seemed pretty professional, but I am yet to hear from them. Disappointing!

Interview Questions

• Something around supporting the businesses without specific tools around HR.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Moody's (New York, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

Phone interview followed by a call in for a superday. Super day consisted of several 2 on 1 interviews, mostly fit questions. Some technical questions, some basic math skills. Seemed like for the most part they wanted to discern whether you were of average intelligence, and whether you would be a good fit. From what I've heard from others, if you have a technical/quant background, they will ask more tech/quant questions. Otherwise they just want to see whether you would be able to pick that stuff up on the job. Few weeks later I heard back and accepted.

Interview Questions

• What happens to LTV when home prices increase?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate. Candidates with >1 year of experience might feel more comfortable/compelled to do so.