Moody's Interview Questions in New York, NY

Updated Aug 1, 2015

2.7

AVP-Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Moody's (New York, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

Telephonic screening and two face to face rounds. After clearing the telephone screen I was asked for a face to face with 5 technical AVP's. Clearing that round I was requested again to again meet with the senior management. 2 Senior VP, 1 VP and then the MD.

Senior Level Role In Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Moody's (New York, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

PROS = Moved quickly - initial phone screening from hiring manager within 2-3 weeks of resume submittal; followed up a few days later with request to interview with 3-4 executives. CONS = One month later, follow up emails ignored and zero feedback provided - clearly no longer being considered but how about sharing that minor detail with the candidate who carved out time to meet at company's convenience, dress the part and risk current employer suspicion by doing so. ADVICE = Follow up with candidates in a timely fashion post interview - at least respond to their emails with something.

Interview Questions

• Mostly generic text book questions until the industry expertise question - "You do not have experience specific to Credit Analyst's - how would you go about gaining such experience?"   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Moody's (New York, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

I was first contacted by an HR representative and told I would be interviewed by a VP by phone. After several attempts to meet (the VP had outlook appt issues), this interview went well. I was then asked to come in the Moody's HQ in the financial district and interviewed by 4 VPs and one HR professional, one person at a time. Each one on one interview lasted 1/2 hr. The last interview was with the HR professional. She would not disclose when they might be making a decision on the position.

Interview Questions

• I was asked for several examples of how I accomplished an activity listed on my resume. The interviewer also went back pretty far in my work history.   Answer Question

Content Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

I applied online and heard from HR very quickly. After their initial phone screening, I had a phone interview with the hiring manger followed by an in-person interview. Then, radio silence. HR didn't respond to a follow-up email and never closed the loop, which I thought showed a lack of professional courtesy.

Interview Questions

• The interview covered approach and process, though not in an overly challenging way.   Answer Question

Associate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Moody's (New York, NY).

Interview

Quick, efficient, very general

Financial Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Moody's (New York, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

I received a call from a recruiter asking basic background questions some very basic accounting questions (like what does GAAP stand for). He stated the salary range right off the bat too. A couple of days later I got a call from another recruiter saying the managers would like to interview me. I met with 4 different individuals (managers and another FDA). They all asked different questions testing different things. Definitely know your financial statements, they ask about specific line items. If you say you speak a language make sure you can speak, write and read as they will test you on this briefly. I was then asked to stay longer and meet with the Global Manager and another FDA. Got a call about a week later with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Can you name an off balance sheet liability?   1 Answer
    • Where can you find Retained Earnings?   1 Answer
    • What is the difference between depreciation and amortization?   1 Answer

Negotiation

After I received an offer I asked for more, and they came back a few hours later meeting me in the middle.

Data Quality Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Moody's (New York, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

I traveled from from Boston to New York for Data Quality Analyst. Team is very friendly, intelligent & respectful. Interview : Asked about Database questions, SQL & simple HR questions. HR : Here is the weak point, Dragged the full process for 1.5 months. No proper co-ordination between Team & HR. After giving an Verbal offer of $x trying to again negotiate for $2k, which is really unacceptable.

Financial Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Moody's (New York, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

Phone interview with manager and then in person interview with AVP, two managers and one team lead. Each interviewer took half hour Got the offer after one week from HR. The team lead gave me a account test, and other other interviewers asked behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Accounting questions: Balance sheet, income statements.   Answer Question

Process Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Moody's (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process was organized, however the hiring manager was not, HR personnel very cold and calculated

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Moody's (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

First round was telephonic, Second round was in person interview with 5 different people from HR,Business analyst, 2 different hiring managers and technical lead on the same day. Interview was very good and I was confident. Not sure if it was the salary range that was the issue.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to white board the process flow. It was unexpected for me.   1 Answer