Moody's Interview Questions in New York, NY

Updated Apr 21, 2015

2.8

Associate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Moody's (New York, NY).

Interview

Quick, efficient, very general

Data Quality Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Moody's (New York, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

I traveled from from Boston to New York for Data Quality Analyst. Team is very friendly, intelligent & respectful.
    Interview : Asked about Database questions, SQL & simple HR questions.
    HR : Here is the weak point, Dragged the full process for 1.5 months. No proper co-ordination between Team & HR. After giving an Verbal offer of $x trying to again negotiate for $2k, which is really unacceptable.

Financial Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Moody's (New York, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

I received a call from a recruiter asking basic background questions some very basic accounting questions (like what does GAAP stand for). He stated the salary range right off the bat too. A couple of days later I got a call from another recruiter saying the managers would like to interview me. I met with 4 different individuals (managers and another FDA). They all asked different questions testing different things. Definitely know your financial statements, they ask about specific line items. If you say you speak a language make sure you can speak, write and read as they will test you on this briefly. I was then asked to stay longer and meet with the Global Manager and another FDA. Got a call about a week later with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Can you name an off balance sheet liability?   1 Answer
    • Where can you find Retained Earnings?   1 Answer
    • What is the difference between depreciation and amortization?   1 Answer

Negotiation

After I received an offer I asked for more, and they came back a few hours later meeting me in the middle.

Process Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Moody's (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process was organized, however the hiring manager was not, HR personnel very cold and calculated

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Moody's (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

First round was telephonic, Second round was in person interview with 5 different people from HR,Business analyst, 2 different hiring managers and technical lead on the same day. Interview was very good and I was confident. Not sure if it was the salary range that was the issue.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to white board the process flow. It was unexpected for me.   1 Answer

Client Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Moody's (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

Applied via LinkedIn, got a call from a recruiter within 5 minutes, interviewed at the headquarters in NYC the following week. They gave me background on the daily responsiblities, and they asked all basic questions, here's all of them:
    What do you know about our company?
    What are your long-term career goals?
    What do you foresee as a possible threat Moody's will face in the present?
    Tell me about how you went above and beyond expectations in your previous job.
    What did you like the most about your previous job?
    Why did you apply for this position?
    Name a time when you dealt with a difficult client in the past.
    Tell me about a time when you worked in a collaborative setting.
    What was your favorite course from college?

Interview Questions

• What do you foresee as a possible threat Moody's will face in the present?   1 Answer

Structured Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Moody's (New York, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

I applied through my schools career site. I was able to schedule an interview about two weeks from when I applied. The interview was pretty simple. It was mostly behavior questions, but at one point the conversation did get a bit technical. All I can say is the prepare for behavioral questions but also have some smart things to say just in cases.

Interview Questions

• What was your favorite course and why?

Explain a difficult situation you have been in, in the past 6 months.

What do you know about the company?

Answer Question

Associate Analyst III Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Moody's (New York, NY).

Interview

Initial phone screen, then a superday in their downtown office. Basic set of questions - why are you interested in Moody's, tell me about your internships, etc. Some questions are about past experiences where you exhibited a certain trait (i.e. tell me about a time you led a group).

Interview Questions

• How do you manage projects with tight or conflicting deadlines?   Answer Question

Vice President, Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Moody's (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied through their website. Got a call from HR and arranged a first round interview with the hiring manager. Then invited for second round in their NYC office. Met with HR first, then 4 people in the group and 1 from other groups at different levels, half an hour for each. Made a 1-hour presentation. People were nice and questions were fair.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to leave your current job and join us? (my employer then was a large and prestigious institution with good pay and benefits)   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Moody's (New York, NY) in July 2013.

Interview

Interview process was very quick and effective. Met with five people in the same day. Worked with HR after that and received offer two weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult question was about having to fire employees.   Answer Question