Moody's

2.7

56 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Moody's in March 2014.

First round was telephonic, Second round was in person interview with 5 different people from HR,Business analyst, 2 different hiring managers and technical lead on the same day. Interview was very good and I was confident. Not sure if it was the salary range that was the issue.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to white board the process flow. It was unexpected for me.   View Answer

Client Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Moody's in March 2014.

Applied via LinkedIn, got a call from a recruiter within 5 minutes, interviewed at the headquarters in NYC the following week. They gave me background on the daily responsiblities, and they asked all basic questions, here's all of them:
    What do you know about our company?
    What are your long-term career goals?
    What do you foresee as a possible threat Moody's will face in the present?
    Tell me about how you went above and beyond expectations in your previous job.
    What did you like the most about your previous job?
    Why did you apply for this position?
    Name a time when you dealt with a difficult client in the past.
    Tell me about a time when you worked in a collaborative setting.
    What was your favorite course from college?

Interview Questions
    • What do you foresee as a possible threat Moody's will face in the present?   View Answer

Associate Analyst III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at Moody's.

Initial phone screen, then a superday in their downtown office. Basic set of questions - why are you interested in Moody's, tell me about your internships, etc. Some questions are about past experiences where you exhibited a certain trait (i.e. tell me about a time you led a group).

Interview Questions
    • How do you manage projects with tight or conflicting deadlines?   Answer Question

Vice President, Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Moody's.

Applied through their website. Got a call from HR and arranged a first round interview with the hiring manager. Then invited for second round in their NYC office. Met with HR first, then 4 people in the group and 1 from other groups at different levels, half an hour for each. Made a 1-hour presentation. People were nice and questions were fair.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to leave your current job and join us? (my employer then was a large and prestigious institution with good pay and benefits)   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Moody's in July 2013.

Interview process was very quick and effective. Met with five people in the same day. Worked with HR after that and received offer two weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult question was about having to fire employees.   Answer Question

Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at Moody's in July 2013.

I applied through a "help wanted" ad. and the company followed up with me.

Had an initial 'phone screening interview with HR and later went in for an in-person
    interview. I was interviewed by three different people on the same day.

Interview Questions
    • Was asked something to do with statistics by one interviewer, which he laughed off as just kidding
      with me.

View Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Moody's in June 2013.

An acquaintance refered me to Moody's. After a few weeks, I was contacted by the HR telling me that they'd contact in a couple of weeks. However, they didn't so afterwards I followed up. Finally I was invited for an interview to NYC. I was interviewed by 6 team members, mostly the interviews were focussed on fit and why Moody's, 2-3 interviewers also wanted me to take them through a couple of transactions. After 2-3 days, I was contacted by the HR requesting for dates to schedule 2nd round interviews with 2 team members over the phone. After 2-3 days, I was offered the job. All interviewers were very professional, extremely polite and pleasant people.

Interview Questions
    • There were a few random questions like, do a credit analysis for XYZ firm, formula to calculate NPV   Answer Question
    Joining date

Associate Analyst III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Moody's in May 2013.

High yield credit research. Only one on-side interview in NY office with 2 VPs and 1 Analyst. Scheduled for a second round with London analyst and Hong Kong analyst but was later cancelled. Interview were pretty laid back.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about credit research?
      Have you analyzed high yield debt before? Give me an example.

Answer Question
    Did not negotiate.

Salesforce.com Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Moody's in March 2013.

HR was very pleasant from the initial phone screen through to scheduling the interviews required. However, upon my arrival, the confirmed schedule had been changed to remove one meeting. The HR contact did not greet me personally and I was directed instead to the first meeting scheduled.

I met with two of the original three interviewers. I was told by the second interviewer that I was a strong candidate for the position and would be contacted the following day for the second round of interviews.

I emailed the HR contact as well as the two individuals I had met with to thank them personally for their time (standard professional courtesy email), indicated I was looking forward to meeting the next contact in the process. My emails were not acknowledged and I've not yet been contacted for another interview. I was, however, contacted via LinkedIn by another recruiter from the same company about the same position.

Interview Questions
    • The hiring manager stated in the first meeting of the interview process that "If you only work 8 hours per day, 40 hours per week, you will NEVER get your work done. You need to put in a lot more hours to accomplish what's expected."   View Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at Moody's.

I was meeting with 6 people in the team. They are all very smart and have strong background. Questions are kind of difficult. Most of questions are related to how to handle different situations in work.

Interview Questions
    • Can you describe a situation that you solve a problem in a very creative way ?   Answer Question