Moog

Updated Oct 18, 2014
Updated Oct 18, 2014

2.8

Sales Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Moog.

Phone interview with HR person, followed by in-person interview with hiring team.

Senior Program Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Moog.

Three phase standard, phone and two in-person.

Machine Operator Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Moog.

2 interviews there are a lot of background checks, more concerned with the moog culture than whether or not the candidate has the skills to perform the job.

Mechanical Engineering Interview

Met with HR manager, and three key people in group. About an hour each person

Interview Questions
    • have you ever made an improvement to an existing method.   Answer Question

Bill Moog Project Interview

The overall process was really quite pleasant. I had an interview on campus after a career fair and they invited me back to Buffalo for the next round of interviews. They put us up in a nice hotel, had great food, and everyone was more than kind. We had a number of interviews the first day after which they weeded out about half (which then went on for interviews for full time positions, not the Bill Moog Project). The second day consisted of more interviews, all in all I know I had over 10 during that trip. It was a really good experience, and the guys over there are a lot of fun.

Interview Questions
    • None of mine were especially difficult, but one of the other applicants (for full time) was given a part and asked to identify the metals used in its manufacturing.   View Answer

I chose to get a PhD instead

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Moog.

Met at a career fair. Behavioral interview followed by a panel interview,

Interview Questions
    • At the end of the behavioral interview, "What is the difference between inheritance and polymorphism?"   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Moog in April 2013.

Very low key compared to many others I have heard. I sat down with the hiring manager and 3 Sr. members of the software management team. Answered brief questions about myself and interests. No, technical questions apart from languages I was familiar with.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't have any questions I would consider difficult. No technical questions.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Intern pay rate is set at the corporate level.

Electrical Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Moog in November 2012.

My interview process was over several hours with several positions, specifically the engineering staff with whom I'd be working as well as my managing supervisor. The interview process went well enough, there wasn't anything particularly difficult or stressful about it since the interviewers were all very cordial and interested to see if I could be of use. My process was not as short as many others though, considering my lower position in the office hierarchy, but the general process was the same for anyone else I have seen come through.

Interview Questions
    • What are some of the projects in school that would relate to what we do here? (internship interview, so mine weren't particularly difficult)   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Moog in September 2012.

Got an interview based on my conversation with an employee at a career fair. Interview was conducted the next day and were mainly technical questions. Most questions were based on graphs and hydraulic systems diagrams, the right hand rule for current flowing through a wire was also included. Also ask some sparse behavioral group interaction questions.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult portion was them putting an aircraft hydraulic system diagram in front of me and asking me to explain what would happen given an input in a specific part of the system.   Answer Question

I received a better offer elsewhere.

Associate Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Aurora, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Aurora, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Moog.

It took Moog 2 years after I've submitted my application to interview me. This is not a fast acting company. The pay is much lower than industry standard. The company contributed that to the standard of living in Buffalo NY. The salary is still low even with that in consideration.

Interview Questions
    • Look at a drawing and talk about the function of each component.   Answer Question
    There's no point asking for more pay or benefit.