Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Moore Norman Technology CenterMore
Helpful (1)No OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks – interviewed at Moore Norman Technology Center (Norman, OK) in July 2012.
Applied online (second attempt to get hired at this employer). Position pays $12 per hour. Called back a month later. Scheduled to take computer tests (prove it software, proving you can use Microsoft Word and Excel). Took tests, notified several days later I passed the tests with 95% scores. Scheduled for an interview with 4 people.
It seemed I blew them away in the interview and nailed all the questions. The lead interview manager said they needed someone immediately and acted very interested asking when would I be available to start. I explained that I would need to give a two week notice to my current employer and that I was willing to do that when I received a firm job offer.
She made it seem like I was a lock-in for the position and said "Well, sometimes you just need to have faith and put in your notice" or something like that. Luckily I didn't quit my full-time job because I received no offer and never heard anything. Very misleading and bad advise from the interviewer.
- No difficult questions. Mainly past customer service experiences. Answer Question
- No OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 5 weeks – interviewed at Moore Norman Technology Center (Norman, OK) in May 2012.
Applied online for a CSR position paying $12.40 per hour. About 3 weeks later received a call to report to HR for a skills test. The skills test was 50% written (Q&A) and 50% data entry on a computer (timed and graded for accuracy). About a week later I was called to interview which was scheduled for the following week. The interview was a panel of three staff members and was pretty average.
I asked about the field of applicants for the position and there were over 60 applicants, only about seven passed the tests and were called to interview.
- Tell us about a time where you went above and beyond to help a customer. Answer Question
- Tell us about a time when you had a really angry customer. Answer Question
- What would you do if you were helping a customer and another person wanted to ask a quick question while the office phone was ringing at the same time. Answer Question
- How do you feel about data entry. 1 Answer
- Do you speak a foreign language or have you ever had to deal with a customer from a different culture since we do a lot of business with Hispanics? Answer Question