Moore Norman Technology Center

Relevance Date Difficulty

Office Assistant Interview

Office Assistant
Norman, OK

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Moore Norman Technology Center in July 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online (second attempt to get hired at this employer). Position pays $12 per hour. Called back a month later. Scheduled to take computer tests (prove it software, proving you can use Microsoft Word and Excel). Took tests, notified several days later I passed the tests with 95% scores. Scheduled for an interview with 4 people.

It seemed I blew them away in the interview and nailed all the questions. The lead interview manager said they needed someone immediately and acted very interested asking when would I be available to start. I explained that I would need to give a two week notice to my current employer and that I was willing to do that when I received a firm job offer.

She made it seem like I was a lock-in for the position and said "Well, sometimes you just need to have faith and put in your notice" or something like that. Luckily I didn't quit my full-time job because I received no offer and never heard anything. Very misleading and bad advise from the interviewer.

Interview Question – No difficult questions. Mainly past customer service experiences.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Customer Service Representative/Office Assistant Interview

Customer Service Representative/Office Assistant
Norman, OK

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Moore Norman Technology Center in May 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online for a CSR position paying $12.40 per hour. About 3 weeks later received a call to report to HR for a skills test. The skills test was 50% written (Q&A) and 50% data entry on a computer (timed and graded for accuracy). About a week later I was called to interview which was scheduled for the following week. The interview was a panel of three staff members and was pretty average.

I asked about the field of applicants for the position and there were over 60 applicants, only about seven passed the tests and were called to interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time where you went above and beyond to help a customer.   Answer Question
  • Tell us about a time when you had a really angry customer.   Answer Question
  • What would you do if you were helping a customer and another person wanted to ask a quick question while the office phone was ringing at the same time.   Answer Question
  • How do you feel about data entry.   View Answer
  • Do you speak a foreign language or have you ever had to deal with a customer from a different culture since we do a lot of business with Hispanics?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Moore Norman Technology Center? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Moore Norman Technology Center interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Moore Norman Technology Center employees and interview candidates.