Morgan Keegan Interview Questions

3.2

Equity Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Morgan Keegan in March 2008.

I was referred to the position directly to the manager, and that got me into the initial interview. I was hired that very day, but not officially signed until approval from the Director of Research.

Interview Questions
    • I asked to calculate several metrics as well as update a company model   Answer Question
    My manager gave a generous base salary so I did not negotiate.

Equity Research Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Morgan Keegan in May 2011.

First a phone interview as a customary screening. Later got called back to come into the office and had a 30-40 minute interview with an analyst and the equity research head. Great guys and a good interview.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New Orleans, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Morgan Keegan in June 2012.

One interview, very laid back, talked more about football than banking, only asked about my experience with Bloomberg and at my last job. Office is very casually, some short sleeve button down shirts, polos and khakis on Fridays. As intern interacted with managing directors on daily basis and addressed them by first name, very collegial, flat organization

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Morgan Keegan in October 2011.

I interviewed with three people in the investment banking division. Two were all behavioral and one was more technical. The technical questions were all regarding stuff on my resume, no predetermined ones. The guys were nice for the most part. I felt like they had a regimented system where two were meant to be easy and one was tough. Because of Morgan Keegan's pending sale, it was kind of awkward and I didnt ask them any questions about it. They never mentioned it either but did say they had their best year yet this year and dont forsee much changing in the future.

Interview Questions
    • What is a typical recapitalization structure?   View Answer

Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

The process took a day - interviewed at Morgan Keegan in December 2010.

First Round interview consisted of eight 30 minute interviews with groups of two people each time. Questions ranged in difficulty by group since some asked merely background questions to understand personality and see how you responded, while others asked for how you would valuate specific companies (such as one that had no record of revenues) and pretty run-of-the-mill accounting questions. I received one market-sizing question, which was "how many people are flying in the United States at a given point in time?"

Interview Questions
    • How many people are flying in the U.S. right now?   View Answer

Risk Management Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Morgan Keegan in January 2011.

The interview was pretty basic. Questions to expect would be where do you want to be in five years? What are your goals? How long do you plan to stay with the company? The people seemed nice, and I felt the interview did go well, and I was extremely qualified for the position. However they did not bother to let me know one way or another as they promised, even after I sent a thank you note and a follow up email, to me it's rude when a company does that.

Interview Questions
    • What was your favorite part of your favorite project ever?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Morgan Keegan in May 2010.

Spoke on the phone preliminarily and then came in for an interview with 3 people. First took a written and excel skills test. Spoke to a two senior partners and two analysts. Overall it was a good experience but be prepared to answer everything about yourself and how your skills apply to this job.

Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Morgan Keegan in July 2008.

Interviewed with several top managers of the firm. Questions ranged from hard core knowledge, intelligence, personality, behaviour, past performance, past accomplishments, salary history, working conditions, reasons for leaving, personal habits, marital status, and anything else you cared to piss over yourself about.

Interview Questions
    • If you had a personal crisis with your child and an urgent project to complete, how would you handle the situation.   View Answer
    • Why did you leave your previous jobs. We look at candiates who are going to stay with us for the long term.   View Answer
    Negotiations depend on your performance in earlier stage. It all depends.

Equity Analyst Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Morgan Keegan in June 2009.

After being referred by an employee, I was contacted via email by the Senior Analyst and offered a time slot for a phone interview the next week. He explained his work style and asked a few basic questions about accounting, his sector & companies, and my GPA.

I was informed that I might have an opportunity to come in for a 6-hour written interview, but was not called.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about my sector and the companies I follow.   View Answer
    • How does raising capital by issuing equity affect the income statement?   View Answers (3)
    • What does EBITDA stand for?   View Answer
    • What are the three general sections of a cash flow statement   View Answers (2)

Fixed Income Retail Trading Desk Intern Interview

The interview process was much easier than I expected. I applied through my college and received a phone call saying that I had been selected for an interview. I met with 3 men for about 15 minutes and received a call a few days later asking if I would accept the internship. More looking for a "good fit" then technical questions as I was just an intern.

No negotiations- intern.

Worked for Morgan Keegan? Contribute to the Community!